Washington may change their name again

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
I heard the Redhawks was very close to winning last time. Probably should have. Seems better than the Commanders. Reminds me of Buzz Lightyear or something.

cropped_e038c111458543.56eb58d1ed19b.jpg
No can do.... red hawks every where will be offended.

Everyone knows how Charlie Brown's teachers sound when they're talking. If anyone can figure out how to spell the sound just call them that.

Last edited:

tyke1doe

Reaction score
There was nothing offensive about the original name. I am one third Cherokee. And no Native American was offended.
First, that's not true that NO Native American was offended. I can't post the link to the story of those who do, but it's easy to find with a Google search.

Second, you don't speak for every Native American.

Third, the name has a history of which I cannot go into detail.

Fourth, the name isn't coming back. And soon a generation that wishes it to return will be gone, replaced by a generation that doesn't really care. Such is the way of change.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
They should have called themselves the Potatoskins.

They could keep their skins nickname and it would make sense with potatoe fans in their endzone
That's all we need - Washington fans throwing potatoes after every Cowboys touchdown. ;)

tyke1doe

Reaction score

Flamma

Reaction score

tyke1doe

Reaction score
They can buy it from them. Warriors is one of the best names they could use to keep in line with their theme. But hey, I guess they just want to change all of it.
They can. But the price tag is going to be astronomical. And therein lies the hesitation. But I like the Warriors too.

Flamma

Reaction score
They can. But the price tag is going to be astronomical. And therein lies the hesitation. But I like the Warriors too.
I think it all depends on who holds the trademark, right? If it's someone like me, you offer me a million bucks, i'll take it. I'm not rich, but I'm in the top 10-15% in net worth going by the statistics. I'm not going to turn down a million dollar offer. I don't think the cost would be astronomical unless the owner is already wealthy.