Washington may change their name again

Hardline

Reaction score
The name isn't going back to the previously offensive one. It has gone the way of the dinosaur, $1,000 new cars and Blockbusters.
Also, I believe someone bought the rights to the "Warriors" so the Washington Football Team would have to cough up a pretty penny to buy it back, and they don't want to do that.

I say the Washington Lawmakers or the Washington Congressionals. :)
There was nothing offensive about the original name. I am one third Cherokee. And no Native American was offended.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I'm not sure there's anything wrong with the current name. In fact, Magic probably got his first lesson as an NFL, choose your words carefully. I find it hard to believe they had already decided to change the name BEFORE the sale of the team. Yet Magic's loose lips have created an open question the team will have to address all season.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
If they go with Washington Renegades they can go back to the helmets with the R logo.

stiletto

Reaction score
I heard the Redhawks was very close to winning last time. Probably should have. Seems better than the Commanders. Reminds me of Buzz Lightyear or something.

cropped_e038c111458543.56eb58d1ed19b.jpg

1972COWBOY

Reaction score
They should have called themselves the Potatoskins.

They could keep their skins nickname and it would make sense with potatoe fans in their endzone

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Washington Snyders? Easier than putting him in the ring of honor.

805BoysInBlue

Reaction score
They need to go back to Commanders. They shouldn't cave to people who get in their feelings about it. I guarantee you 95% of the ones complaining don't even follow football.