Twitter: Washington might bring their own benches to AT&T Stadium

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Rivera has really played this poorly. First, he responds to what McC said totally wrong. He should have taken a page from Siefert's book "they must be made of brass" and have fun with it but he gets all serious about it.

He accused McC of making it all about himself when he made it a bigger deal than it was. Goes so far to tell his players that McC's trying to get in their heads. Think he might have helped that along?

He should know the HC is not in charge of benches at an away game. He can ask for it but that's the GM's call. And it was one of the best this GM has ever made.

Glazer, in his who's in/who's out ended it with the Cowboys benches. I love it!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Our defense bought into the message from MM but did our offense? At one point, when is it motivation and when does it become a distraction?
Some games our offense has brought it and our defense has given up 500 yards.....it's a team sport and mind games play a huge part....these guys aren't accountants....they are football players and the adrenaline gets them foaming at the mouth!

foofighters

Reaction score
Some games our offense has brought it and our defense has given up 500 yards.....it's a team sport and mind games play a huge part....these guys aren't accountants....they are football players and the adrenaline gets them foaming at the mouth!
I don't buy it. These guys don't hang around long enough to develop rivalries of the past. If these mind games worked, it we wouldn't be as inconsistent as we are. The only consistent thing about the Cowboys is that they've been wildly inconsistent for a long time now.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't buy it. These guys don't hang around long enough to develop rivalries of the past. If these mind games worked, it we wouldn't be as inconsistent as we are. The only consistent thing about the Cowboys is that they've been wildly inconsistent for a long time now.
I've been in locker rooms for 40 years....it matters at all levels.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Does it really matter? I would think most teams should have been doing this all along.
All teams play mind games.....maybe not benches, they all play mind games....Jimmy was a great coach because he understood the psychology of the game....it's a beautiful thing...

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
Rivera has really played this poorly. First, he responds to what McC said totally wrong. He should have taken a page from Siefert's book "they must be made of brass" and have fun with it but he gets all serious about it.

He accused McC of making it all about himself when he made it a bigger deal than it was. Goes so far to tell his players that McC's trying to get in their heads. Think he might have helped that along?

He should know the HC is not in charge of benches at an away game. He can ask for it but that's the GM's call. And it was one of the best this GM has ever made.

Glazer, in his who's in/who's out ended it with the Cowboys benches. I love it!
Telling them he was trying to get in their heads put him in their heads I like it double whammy

Cowpolk

Landry Hat
Reaction score
They should have those inflatable donuts that people use for hemorrhoids attached to the benches given how our defense stomped their butts yesterday.
Smear a lil preparation H on them also they need it

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
It was 50 degrees and sunny in DC yesterday. Really think bringing our own benches was about the weather?

Do not know what the temp was in DC, did not or could not watch the game. Do not know what the Jones boys was up too. But if the WFT want to bring there own benches let them.

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score
Yes and no. Apparently the Seahawks tipped off the Cowboys about a lack of seat warmers.

The Cowboys had benches shipped from Cleveland and branded.

Power move, but at the same time the weather conditions probably weren’t known/guaranteed when the decision was made

Thank you!