Washington shows Rush's limitations

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
He’s been OK these 3 games. Probably should have 4 or 5 interceptions as he’s gotten lucky with penalties. Throwing falling backwards more and more. I fear the Rams defense and what they’ll do.

Could be ugly. Could be another surprise. I haven't gone into any of these games expecting to win with Rush as quarterback. Maybe our special teams or defense will come through with some scores to help him out. Stafford's capable of a stinker if we can get some pressure on him. In fact, his first game this season against the Bills wasn't too pretty.

gimmesix

Reaction score
If they were just a little bit deeper down field they would’ve been completions. I did like the back shoulder throw to Noah Brown though. At least I think it was a back shoulder

That one appeared to be a bad job by Brown with his body control. Got to know the back-shoulder is coming, plant and come back to the ball.

gimmesix

Reaction score
To be fair, Dak isn't exactly Terry Bradshaw when it comes to arm strength...or anything else, for that matter.

I'm pretty sure Dak can spell C-A-T., so he's got Bradshaw beat on that one.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
but the interception were the result of clear holding or pass interference.
One looked like it might've been. The other just looked like a really bad throw. Of course, the stream I had to use kept buffering and jumping around, so I didn't get to see the replays. I could be mistaken.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That one appeared to be a bad job by Brown with his body control. Got to know the back-shoulder is coming, plant and come back to the ball.
If he'd turned around the other way, he probably would have had it.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's true for Dak as he only has lead the Cowboys to 6 wins in his career without 100 yards of rushing support.

Cooper Rush, in his 4 starts, has done it twice already.

This years defense is far better than those that Dak had. You narrative and agenda does not hold up.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Facts are facts.

You liking them or not doesn't change them.

Sometimes facts have outlying circumstances.
Like Dak’s overall win loss record is good. And more analysts than not, have him as a top 10 QB.

Only the haters in here disagree, because they refuse to deal in facts. Excepts to twist some in their favor.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Imagine...really.... wow...why even imagine

Imagine if Dak turns into Mahomes

Geez people...
Why not imagine. Imagine if Prescott was as good as Brady. Excuse me for dreaming. I would love to have a Brady as a quarterback. if deck turned into Mahomes, I would never watch the Cowboys again. I hate that backstabbing clown

aikemirv

Reaction score
But all the passes were dead on target. Haven’t seen that in while.
On target and absent the DPI very well could have been completed. Stupid conclusion. I mean I did not think Rush had a great game but the deep ball was no the issue. He completed one and had PI on the others - huge win IMO

ESisback

Reaction score
Right. Washington just is the first team that really tried to use his limitations against us, stacking up against the run and trying to get us to go deep. Don't think we can rely on those DPI and illegal contact calls to get us out of that trouble every time. I would think the Rams would employ a similar plan, especially since they have better corners to play those go routes one-on-one.
I’m guessing that the Cowboys are aware of this too. My question is two fold: 1)Can Wonder Boy scheme us? 2)Can our players adapt and execute?

What’s the best way to scheme around Rush’s limitations? I’d continue to pound the rock. I’d plug in Peters at LG, run uptempo, more Pollard and Turpin, etc. Keep them on their heels with speed and power. Balance…25-30 run, 25-30 pass.

Shane612

Reaction score
Speaking of arm strength, do teams throw real bombs anymore?
I mean bombs like ones thrown by Jim Hart to Mel Gray. Those two had me on the edge of my seat everytime they played the Cowboys back in the day.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I think we all know by now that Cooper Rush is a high-IQ quarterback who makes quick decisions but doesn't have great arm strength. The Commanders essentially challenged him to go deep and if they weren't so handsy with our receivers, it would have worked.

He completed one of the deep play-action passes (to Brown, two were interceptions erased by penalty and at least one other turned into pass interference. Those were all go routes.

Even though we scored 25 points with help from those penalties, I would think this would be considered the blueprint for beating Rush. Play the run and the short stuff and force Rush to try to go over the top. With better corner play, there's a good chance you'll be able to catch up before the ball gets to the receiver unless it's a throw like he made to Brown, which happened only once on those routes.
WOW, say what you want R-U-S-H has this team off and running and he's done a hell of a lot better than Dakota "TOAD HUNTER" Prescot! As soon as TOADIE get back he'll have the losses pilling up like there is no tomorrow. This club performs well under R-U-S-H and at the same time doesn't have a clue when the punch-drunk looking TOAD HUNTER is QBing this club!