Washington surprise: AP released

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
probably a youth movement. just like when parcells came to dallas and made it clear that even emmitt, for all he had accomplished, wasn't the future. he was the past.
Yeah then Parcells proceeded to bring in all old vets like Glenn, Richie Anderson and Campbell in lol.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
probably a youth movement. just like when parcells came to dallas and made it clear that even emmitt, for all he had accomplished, wasn't the future. he was the past.

Exactly....it was quite clear, Emmitt was more concerned about chasing records than winning games his couple years. Hell, even as much as Parcell loved vets, he had no love for Emmitt.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
wrong he may have been a HS player here but still never played serious ball on Texas team..

LT was a Star at TCU ie a FW TX local kid he gets credit for being Texas boy because of that.. AP played at a rival sooner school, played for MN and hated rival Washington. Hes been a rival far too long..see i can forgive OU players once they are Cowboys ie Lamb, Switzer and others..remember cassiias, i learn to forgive but AP was sooner, Skin etc i cant forgive that..

heck no brah, hes not in my book of TX notables not even close..
No you are wrong. He wasn't just a HS player he GREW UP and was BORN in Texas. Palestine.

I didn't go to UT and honestly I could care less where a guy went to go get his education at. Especially in today's climate.

joseephuss

Reaction score
Yeah then Parcells proceeded to bring in all old vets like Glenn, Richie Anderson and Campbell in lol.

Terry Glenn was only 29 and Dan Campbell was only 27 when they joined Dallas. He also brought in the older guys that were already in their 30s such as Aaron Glenn, Keyshawn Johnson, Marcus Coleman, Richie Anderson and Jason Ferguson.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score

This is true.......not sure if you remember, but Emmitt talked and cared about one thing his last couple years as a Cowboy, breaking Walter Payton record. I think that turned Parcell off a bit coz even Emmitt will tell ya, his relationship was a good one. Thye respected each other but that was about it.

Flamma

Reaction score
This is true.......not sure if you remember, but Emmitt talked and cared about one thing his last couple years as a Cowboy, breaking Walter Payton record. I think that turned Parcell off a bit coz even Emmitt will tell ya, his relationship was a good one. Thye respected each other but that was about it.

I'm pretty sure Emmitt already had the record before Parcells even came to Dallas. Emmitt was like 32 and he was very close to Peyton.

8FOR!3

Reaction score
Im more worried about the 75 year old Frank Gore lol

Frank Gore's got to be the slowest running back in the league at this point and yet he still is outplaying Le'veon Bell from all accounts lol.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No you are wrong. He wasn't just a HS player he GREW UP and was BORN in Texas. Palestine.

I didn't go to UT and honestly I could care less where a guy went to go get his education at. Especially in today's climate.
last time, I disown a player that goes to a rival in college and the pros..enough said to the MN, skin, sooner.. he doesnt deserve to get ES record..he out@!!

DFWJC

Reaction score
He went to OU for education. He's a Texan. I've been seeing his dad around here since he was a Minnesota Viking. AD is from Palestine. Just how I viewed him. Same as Ladianian Tomlinson.
OU?
For education?

he went because OU and Stoops were beating UT at the time.....so he said they were winners and could win a national title. He said UT wasn't and couldn't.

Then during the time he was at OU, Texas DID win a National Title while OU didnt.
:laugh:

Big_D

Reaction score
Neither Gore or AD are catching Emmitt. They’re situational players. Not like they’re getting 300 carries at this point. You have to look to the new era. Elliott, Saquon etc. I just don’t see it happening with the RB useage in today’s NFL.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If he'd played for Dallas as long as Emmitt did, he'd have that record. If Sanders gave a damn, he'd have that record.

No doubt Emmitt was a great RB, a top 10 of all time, but when first contact is beyond your own los as much as he got, you get longevity and lots of yards. That's not taking anything away form him but there are quite a few RB's that would have that record given the opportunity and OL and O he had.

I have only seen one back in my years of watching this game that had the kind of connection with his OL that Emmitt had with his, OJ Simpson in BUF. And that is a talent as well as that doesn't come easily.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
One is 4000 away at 36, and the other 3000 away and a year older. I doubt either are making it unless they play at 40 years old.

As amazing as AP was in his career, he's still came 4000 yards short of Emmitt at around the same time Smith retired. I think Smith retired at 35 or 36, I forget.

RBs take a beating.

It’s impressive that they’ve played this long. Both AP and Gore that is. Emmitt too.

Their bodies have to be hurting.

InTheZone

Reaction score
I'll never agree with cutting an older player (assuming price is right) if they can play consistently and better than any backup they have who ends up getting cut anyway after 1-3 seasons. Smith was most definitely washed up when he was released, as much as I liked him I had wanted him replaced 1-2 seasons prior.