Washington surprise: AP released

JayFord

Reaction score
A team will sign AP

dude has shown with the Commanders he can still play the RB position

Hes nowhere near the AP of old but he can still get 1000

blueblood70

Reaction score
Its my list hes off of stop the argumentative and constant cant let things go,,Im saying hes not Texas boy IMO on my list and thats all that metters

im not claiming him ..he played for the enemy far too long ..hes been disowned..

calico

Reaction score
He went to OU for education. He's a Texan. I've been seeing his dad around here since he was a Minnesota Viking. AD is from Palestine. Just how I viewed him. Same as Ladianian Tomlinson.
Education? lmao. He went to OU because he could play as a true freshman. Texas wanted to redshirt him behind Cedric benson.

joseephuss

Reaction score
yep, i see the need and the fit. Wouldnt hurt the chemistry and maybe even helps Zeke.

I don't see the need. I would think any 3rd string RB on this team would either have to play special teams or would be inactive on game day.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Education? lmao. He went to OU because he could play as a true freshman. Texas wanted to redshirt him behind Cedric benson.
I’m not arguing why he went to OU. I’m telling you what it was. No one in Oklahoma considers him a resident. He’s a Texan.

Alweezy

Reaction score
wrong he may have been a HS player here but still never played serious ball on Texas team..

LT was a Star at TCU ie a FW TX local kid he gets credit for being Texas boy because of that.. AP played at a rival sooner school, played for MN and hated rival Washington. Hes been a rival far too long..see i can forgive OU players once they are Cowboys ie Lamb, Switzer and others..remember cassiias, i learn to forgive but AP was sooner, Skin etc i cant forgive that..

heck no brah, hes not in my book of TX notables not even close..

Adrian Peterson is an East Texan legend and has returned many times to Palestine. His UT decision was almost 20 years ago. It's time to let that go.

quickccc

Reaction score
reportedly washington football team is real high on young back antonio gibson 6'2 228 pounds and runs 4.39 in 40 time,

Thomas82

Reaction score
Parcells wasn't coach when he broke the record, was he? And the reason he isn't talked as top 3 all time is because he is a Cowboy. And Cowboys are generally disrespected in that sense. Fact is, despite all the ifs and or buts, Emmitt ran farther than anyone else. People act like no other running back has ever had a decent o-line or team or coaching.

No, Dave Campo was the head coach when Emmitt broke the record. Parcells came in the next year.

Hadenough

Reaction score
It didn't though. He showed last year that he can still play in this league. I don't know if he had a bad camp but it also wouldn't shock me if its about a youth movement. They are a young team.

Just interesting that they don't have much at running back unless they like their 2 backs and it was a battle between Bryce Love and AP then it makes sense to let AP go.
AP has never had the best hands and I think that combined with age they probably decided that he wasnt going to start so they might as well release him.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Adrian Peterson is an East Texan legend and has returned many times to Palestine. His UT decision was almost 20 years ago. It's time to let that go.
nope DISOWNED he also played for the skins a deep seeded rival we hate..not letting it go, he got let go..boohya

HookEM!!!

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
some boxers fight on way past their primes and get injured in the end. ali was one such fighter. the beauty of football is that it makes the decision for you. time for ap to walk away and wait for the hof.

Yes.
nothing sadder than a Methuselah trying to stay vital.:)