Washington's Rookies > Yours

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
sounds like an underground, KKK group :eek:

Naw, I'm pretty sure we had guys of all races... what happened is that somebody complained about how we ganged up on trolls (which we did), and I guess because Cowboys fans are all supposed to be redneck Texas boys, called it a network of good ol' boys...

silverbear

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
um, I'm lost, explain yourself good sir

edit: nvm, I re-read Silverbear's post and got it, dumb me hehe

To fill in the blanks for you just a bit more, Conjure was another troll who wandered in there... he was a Cowboys fan, which will lead you to wonder why I call him a troll... well, he came in with this 'tude that he was smarter than all of the rest of us, a really condescending, downright nasty style...

He also claimed to be black, which I came to doubt, and started posting the most bigoted crap you've ever seen... stuff that would never fly on ANY moderated board, no matter how lax the moderation...

He was just about the most despised poster in the history of the newsgroup... Cman was there longer, but he just talked trash about the Cowboys and the guys who argued with him, for the most part... Conjure was just hateful, I mean the guy was SICK...

And after a while, the GOBN wore him down, he finally disappeared... I have from time to time thought that he came back under another nom de plume, Travisgod... Trav doesn't claim to be black or anything, but he has the exact same rotten 'tude as Conjure did... above all else, he thinks he's smarter than everybody, and he purely loathes me because I've made him look profoundly foolish on a number of occasions...

His contempt pleases me greatly... LOL...

silverbear

Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
and other than this i dont recall you guys having any other picks . . . jk. but SB has already said it all, most of your picks are reaches at all points in the draft. if the player is injury prone and is drafted in the 3rd round or later, who cares, i will have to disagree with SB on this note just because injury prone players are worthy in the later rounds but not in the first 2.

Didn't mean to suggest they shouldn't have been drafted, Bobbie, just that their propensity toward getting hurt made them lesser values...

when trolls come around it bothers me, skins fans are fine as long as they can have a solid debate and understand both the pros and cons, its awesome to debate with other teams fans but when trolls come around with their homeristic views it bothers me.

I like the homers, it's great fun makin' them apoplectic while making them look like the fools they are...

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Didn't mean to suggest they shouldn't have been drafted, Bobbie, just that their propensity toward getting hurt made them lesser values...
i see, i thought you were saying because they are injury prone they are losing a ton of value like a 1st-3rd rounder might . . .

I like the homers, it's great fun makin' them apoplectic while making them look like the fools they are...

haha, yea they are fun but they bother me. and most homers are douchebags and wont step back on their opinion.

silverbear

Reaction score
:D
bobbie brewskie said:
i see, i thought you were saying because they are injury prone they are losing a ton of value like a 1st-3rd rounder might . . .

No, but I DO think that any pick labelled "underachiever" or "lazy" has a real good shot at being a bust... and many of the Skins' draft picks and UDRFAs carry that label...

haha, yea they are fun but they bother me. and most homers are douchebags and wont step back on their opinion.

I don't care if they step back or not, I'll browbeat 'em into submission...

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
silverbear said:
:D

No, but I DO think that any pick labelled "underachiever" or "lazy" has a real good shot at being a bust... and many of the Skins' draft picks and UDRFAs carry that label...

I don't care if they step back or not, I'll browbeat 'em into submission...

haha, i know, im not doubting you. im on 100% agreement with you. and even if i wasnt i wouldnt wanna end up like method man neways.

your insane . . . 3 year arguements, lol. i guess living in the woods gives you that kind of freedom!!!!!!!!!

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
silverbear said:
Oh man, sorry to have to tell you that, I thought you already knew... I guess it was about 3-4 months back, but it might have been as long ago as 6 months... nobody had heard from Dave for several days, so his family went over to his house, and he was lying dead on his sofa... IIRC, it was a heart attack...

Shocked the living bejesus out of everybody in the newsgroup, and naturally was the dominant topic of discussion for a few days... guys from other boards, fans of other teams, were coming over to express their opinions that he was an uncommonly decent guy...

They were, of course, right...
Just read it was an anuresim <sic>...checked the date and it was around Dec... reason I didn't read it was a heart problem of my own :(... I can't say I agreed with Dave on many issues (especially politics) but he seemed like a nice enough guy...though it is kinda strange/wierd or whatever that I told him he would never live long enough to see the newsgroup back to the way it was...of course he disagreed and told me it would be even if it took 20 years and that he would make sure of it :(... Oh well I don't believe the dead know sadness but it sure is in abundance for the living... I won't tell him to RIP as I don't believe we rest then but to tell Dave to Live in Peace but than he has always done that..so perhaps the right thing to say is fare thee well Dave until we meet again

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Zax, Germany is definitely a beautiful country and the beer is wonderful, you lucky ******* ;)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:
he was a Cowboys fan, which will lead you to wonder why I call him a troll...

nope, no wondering, see it all the time on here :eek:

silverbear said:
His contempt pleases me greatly... LOL...

have you ever met someone who's contempt for you HASN'T pleased you? :laugh1:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
Zax, Germany is definitely a beautiful country and the beer is wonderful, you lucky ******* ;)

I enjoy it and I also enjoy being able to go spend the weekend in Dublin or London or Paris or Rome or Prague or Vienna or well you get the idea:)

silverbear

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
nope, no wondering, see it all the time on here :eek:

have you ever met someone who's contempt for you HASN'T pleased you? :laugh1:

Sure have, but none of them were trolls...

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Zaxor said:
I enjoy it and I also enjoy being able to go spend the weekend in Dublin or London or Paris or Rome or Prague or Vienna or well you get the idea:)

you're lucky the Atlantic Ocean his holding me back :laugh2:

silverbear

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
c'mon, you know you love browbeating people, even if they aren't trolls :D

Naw, everybody knows I'm just about the most mellow dude out there... a regular St. Francis of Assisi, that's your friendly local Bear... spreading friendship, tolerance and camaraderie wherever I go...

You have no idea how hard it is to type those words with a straight face... :D

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
silverbear said:
Naw, everybody knows I'm just about the most mellow dude out there... a regular St. Francis of Assisi, that's your friendly local Bear... spreading friendship, tolerance and camaraderie wherever I go...

:laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
silverbear said:

:eek:

silverbear said:

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :laugh1: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: