Wasn’t Brady worth it at 22-25 mil

kskboys

Reaction score
LOL! What does this even mean? A "downfield passing attack"? What, it wasn't a "downfield passing attack" when he threw for 5,200 yards in 2011?

You look silly making things up out of thin air.
Holy Larry, you don't know what a downfield passing attack is? Tell me you're kidding.

Ghost12

Reaction score
You should read before replying, I've already gone over why I believe this.

To sum it up, downfield passing attack, Brady's extreme age. To me, unless they change up the O, it's easy to see coming.
Any QB can get injured on any play. Your whole "downfield passing attack" reasoning is weaksauce.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
I can speculate too, Dak would have took that Patriots team...... with one of the best defenses...... to at least the divisional round. I like this game do another one
It's not pure speculation when there is history to back it up. You yourself have been a driver of the Dak excuse train using every factor involved in the implosion of the Pat's offense last season to excuse previous implosions of the Dak lead Cowboys offense.

The Cowboys ended up with the 11th ranked defense in points allowed. Not the best but far from the worst.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Holy Larry, you don't know what a downfield passing attack is? Tell me you're kidding.
No, I think you don't know what is meant when someone uses the term "downfield passing attack".

Brady threw for 5,200 yards in 2011. But yeah, it was 5,200 yards worth of screens and underneath passes. Yup. Every single one of 'em. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

kskboys

Reaction score
Any QB can get injured on any play. Your whole "downfield passing attack" reasoning is weaksauce.
You are a riot. You don't even know what a downfield passing attack is, and your answer is "Nuh uh". Sad dude, come at me w/ something better. This isn't weak enough to be called weak, it's more of a negative.

kskboys

Reaction score
No, I think you don't know what is meant when someone uses the term "downfield passing attack".

Brady threw for 5,200 yards in 2011. But yeah, it was 5,200 yards worth of screen and underneath passes. Yup. Every single one of 'em. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Sad, dude, I'm leaving this convo due to the considerable nonsense you're spewing.

Ghost12

Reaction score
You are a riot. You don't even know what a downfield passing attack is, and your answer is "Nuh uh". Sad dude, come at me w/ something better. This isn't weak enough to be called weak, it's more of a negative.
The problem is your reasoning is a strong combination of idiocy and ignorance.

FACT: Brady has been a full time starter for 19 years and only once missed time due to injury. Any QB can get injured on any play, but you look absolutely ridiculous arguing that Brady is prone to injury because of one single play 12 years ago. Your whole "downfield passing attack" reasoning is lamesauce, primarily because it isn't even an accurate statement.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Sad, dude, I'm leaving this convo due to the considerable nonsense you're spewing.
Hey, it's not my fault you are ignorant of the Patriots' offensive attack over the past decade-plus. No need to get mad at me.

dckid

Reaction score
From a cutthroat business perspective? The smartest thing the Cowboys could have done would have been to tag and trade Prescott and sign Brady for that two year $50 million contract. You would then have two years or more to find and develop that young quarterback and have them learn under the GOAT.

And this is coming from someone who is a fan of Prescott's work.

It was definitely a missed opportunity, but the Joneses get attached to their players and don't even consider such things.

I think a lot of us wanted to part ways with Prescott at the price he wanted. This is Jerry and company failing at multiple levels again:
-No resigning Prescott with a year left on his contract.- Lower the long term cost with a cheap year
-Decide very early in the process if you want to keep him at the high cost. Don't talk about trades after draft and FA.
-Now if Prescott plays well, you have to pay him top of market value.
-Should have signed Cam, Winston and moved on.
-Would loved to have Brady, but could Jerry handle that level of star?
-Would Brady even want to come to this clown show of an org? There has to be interest from both sides.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
C David Andrews missed the entire season, really screwed up the OL last year. Mason struggled due to injury. Wynn missed half the season.
I am aware. That's has been my point all along. Poor o-line, poor rushing attack and poor receiving corp was way to much for Brady to overcome and has influenced the perception of his "decline".

kskboys

Reaction score
I am aware. That's has been my point all along. Poor o-line, poor rushing attack and poor receiving corp was way to much for Brady to overcome and has influenced the perception of his "decline".
I watched him. He basically lost arm strength after throwing a lot. Also started hearing footsteps and throwing the ball away early. Saw it many times.

Ghost12

Reaction score
I watched him. He basically lost arm strength after throwing a lot. Also started hearing footsteps and throwing the ball away early. Saw it many times.
It's clear you don't have the first clue how the Patriots run their offense. That's what he was coached to do. That is Belichick's philosophy. No negative plays. Throw it away after a couple seconds if nothing is there.

Guy still threw for 4,000 yards with 24/8 TD/INT with arguably the worst WR corps of his entire career. It will be fun to see him play with NFL caliber WR's and the best deep threat he has had since '07.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Brady only had 24 TD's and Not for nothing but i see a couple of playoff teams in there and a Steelers team that went 8-8 without Big Ben for the entire season, he played 11 games against those teams you mention 4 against the Steelers, Bills and Houston, in those 4 games he thru 7 TD's, more fair to say that against Miami, NYJ, Clev, Cin, Washington and the Giants (8 games) he threw 13 of his 24 TD's, the other 11 (8 games) came against Bills, Houston, Pitt, KC, Dallas, Philly and Baltimore (5 playoffs teams) and 2 teams that went 8-8
The Bills and Steelers sucked. Philly sucked and I didn't even include them. Houston sucked. Being in the playoffs or going .500 doesn't make you a good team when two thirds of the league is terrible.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Living in the New England market I saw every game. Not sure I agree about the arm strength but I do agree with the hearing footsteps but that is because the footsteps were real behind that line. I have never seen him so frustrated. To the point of throwing balls to the spot the receiver was supposed to be just to make a point.

The one flaw in Brady's game over the years is that he could be rattled by getting knocked around.

Redline360

Reaction score
I've said this numerous times...The Cowboys are one of the few teams that fits Brady perfectly in his old age. Dominate OL, primier running back, and great wr duo. Exactly what he needs.

Who the hell is honestly comparing Dak & Brady 2019 season? Has Brady regressed? Yes, however he still outplayed the majority of quarterbacks in the league when the offense was in utter chaos. 4k yards, 24td / 8int. Defense definitely carried the offense though

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I too believe that Dak is better than Brady at this point in their careers.
Anybody that watches football should say the same thing because it's true. Nothing against Brady but he is 43 or something now, he just isn't even close to being what he was

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
It's not pure speculation when there is history to back it up. You yourself have been a driver of the Dak excuse train using every factor involved in the implosion of the Pat's offense last season to excuse previous implosions of the Dak lead Cowboys offense.

The Cowboys ended up with the 11th ranked defense in points allowed. Not the best but far from the worst.
History backs up that Belichek can win with any QB because he has done it with every QB he has play.

Garrett on the other hand proves he can only win with Romo and Dak. Dislike Dak all you want but facts prove he is a top 10 QB and that's with Garrett. Give him Belichek or any other decent coach that develops QBs well..... Like Sean Payton or McCarthy..... and Dak will move into top 5.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
All the Cowboys needed to do was use one of their selections in the 2000 draft on Brady and we wouldnt even be having this discussion.
That's all anyone has to do. Wait about 20 years to see if they would have been worth a draft pick back then.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've said this numerous times...The Cowboys are one of the few teams that fits Brady perfectly in his old age. Dominate OL, primier running back, and great wr duo. Exactly what he needs.

Who the hell is honestly comparing Dak & Brady 2019 season? Has Brady regressed? Yes, however he still outplayed the majority of quarterbacks in the league when the offense was in utter chaos. 4k yards, 24td / 8int. Defense definitely carried the offense though
I suspect most people would feel Brady would have a chance to do well here, but I think with his age and the fact it appears he is declining, there is a question as to whether he would be significantly better than Dak, and that we could be risking a possible longer term solution for a short term opportunity that may not yield any better results.

Last edited: