Wasn’t Brady worth it at 22-25 mil

kskboys

Reaction score
I wouldn't pay Dak anywhere near $40 million but if you think Brady hasn't declined you're kidding yourself.

The Patriots were 11-0 last year when holding teams to 14 or fewer points. They were 1-5 when they allowed more than 14 points.

Brady didn't make a difference when they needed their offense to produce. He's been great but Father Time always wins.
I thought it was blatantly obvious. I think people are living in yesteryear at this point.

kskboys

Reaction score
If he doesn't get injured and there is nothing to suggest he will then he throws 30Td's without breaking a sweat
No, there is everything, and it doesn't suggest, it screams it.

Arians runs a downfield attack. Which means Brady will have to sit in the pocket a whole lot more. Which means he will have to take a ton more hits.

Both have said they won't change the O for Brady.

And the last time Brady ran a downfield passing attack, 07-08, he got hurt.

Northern_Cowboy

Reaction score

Arians runs a downfield attack. Which means Brady will have to sit in the pocket a whole lot more. Which means he will have to take a ton more hits.

And the last time Brady ran a downfield passing attack, 07-08, he got hurt

Really? lol he got hurt on the 1st quarter of the 1st game of the season when he tore an ACL lmao, but the downfield attack is what got him hurt. Brady hasn't missed a game in 11 years there is nothing to suggest he will get hurt this season except pure speculation on part of others

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
Then why does Belichek win double digit games with Matt Cassel and Garrett can't win a game.

You say Dak can't function without players and Zeke is the engine but yet Dak is 4-0 in the last 4 games without Zeke......

No matter what you want to say but as a QB, not a team, Dak played better than Brady. That's a fact. Doesn't mean Dak is a better QB than Brady as his career speaks for himself but Brady isn't that same QB anymore
Nah,
Dak finds his way to the bench on last years Pats. Somehow Dak is going to put on his shoulders a team with bad o-line, bad running game and bad receiving corp? Not happening. He would look ten times as bad as he did when he had to get by with one weak spot on the line, not great but good receivers and a top end running game. We saw how that unfolded..

Brady is not what he once was physically but he is better than ever mentally and that is a very significant factor. If the line gives him time and the receiver gives him a step on the defender he can and will eat you up.

I bet a lot of people here are judging his season based only on the playoff game and the monsoon game against us.

kskboys

Reaction score
Really? lol he got hurt on the 1st quarter of the 1st game of the season when he tore an ACL lmao, but the downfield attack is what got him hurt. Brady hasn't missed a game in 11 years there is nothing to suggest he will get hurt this season except pure speculation on part of others
Brady got hurt in 07. He was hobbled badly. You can ignore what happened to suit your agenda, though, it's allowed.

Do you seriously not understand the extra time a QB has to wait when running a downfield passing attack? You might want to try fewer lol's lmao's and more thought.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

He does have the best weapons in the pass game he's ever had and still has that quick release so he can protect himself but you're right, he is an old target standing back there. Arians is a pretty heady HC with QB's, I don't think he wanted him without a plan to protect him.

The key is the Bucs keeping Evans and Godwin, the best tandem in the league, healthy. They're a handful and pick your poison on doubling. And keeping Gronkowski healthy.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nah,
Dak finds his way to the bench on last years Pats. Somehow Dak is going to put on his shoulders a team with bad o-line, bad running game and bad receiving corp? Not happening. He would look ten times as bad as he did when he had to get by with one weak spot on the line, not great but good receivers and a top end running game. We saw how that unfolded..

Brady is not what he once was physically but he is better than ever mentally and that is a very significant factor. If the line gives him time and the receiver gives him a step on the defender he can and will eat you up.

I bet a lot of people here are judging his season based only on the playoff game and the monsoon game against us.
Pats didn't have a bad running game. It was competent.

kskboys

Reaction score
He does have the best weapons in the pass game he's ever had and still has that quick release so he can protect himself but you're right, he is an old target standing back there. Arians is a pretty heady HC with QB's, I don't think he wanted him without a plan to protect him.

The key is the Bucs keeping Evans and Godwin, the best tandem in the league, healthy. They're a handful and pick your poison on doubling. And keeping Gronkowski healthy.
I was shocked when Arians said he wouldn't change the O. Maybe it was just NFL speak.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Because Matt Cassel took over one of the greatest teams in the history of football. (Yes I know they didn’t win a Super Bowl but that doesn’t change the fact they were 18-1, and an all-time great team)
Cassel didn't take over that team. Brady played the entire 07 season.

The way people say Dak had such a great team in 16 when the same exact team the year before went 4-12. Only thing changing was Dak and Zeke

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Nah,

I can speculate too, Dak would have took that Patriots team...... with one of the best defenses...... to at least the divisional round. I like this game do another one

the_h0wey

Reaction score
In hindsight , honestly , shouldn’t the cowboys just grabbed Brady for 25-25 mil for the best chance to reach the Super Bowl this year or next while we still have the talent on the roster ?
Does any one really believe Dak gives us a better chance than Brady in the 2 year window ?
I've compiled a list of all 43 year old quaterbacks who have ever won a playoff game. They are all listed below

Ghost12

Reaction score
I've compiled a list of all 43 year old quaterbacks who have ever won a playoff game. They are all listed below
I remember a couple years ago seeing the exact same list of 40 year old QB's who have won Super Bowls. In virtually no time at all, the list had to be updated.

There is a crap ton of things that no one ever did until Tom Brady came along and did it, so the above argument is quite weak.

kskboys

Reaction score
9th in attempts. 18th in yards.

Passing - 5th in attempts. 8th in yards.

Nobody feared the Pat's running game last season.
C David Andrews missed the entire season, really screwed up the OL last year. Mason struggled due to injury. Wynn missed half the season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In hindsight , honestly , shouldn’t the cowboys just grabbed Brady for 25-25 mil for the best chance to reach the Super Bowl this year or next while we still have the talent on the roster ?
Does any one really believe Dak gives us a better chance than Brady in the 2 year window ?
I don't think so....we are not going to win the superbowl this year, there has never been a new coaching regime making it to the superbowl or CG. new system. new coaches. new defense. new offense. so odds are stacked against us getting there, even if we had brady. and thus its probably 2021 when we would make a run and do you want to bank on a 43 year old QB, to be able to make a run? and before we anoint Brady as the Buccaneers savior, lets see the results on the field. Bucs had no choice to let Winston go and there wasn't many viable options and they needed a headliner to bring the fans back given the past few years of futility.....

I don't think Brady would have been the answer...…...

kskboys

Reaction score
And you make this prediction based on his long history of suffering injuries and missing games...?
You should read before replying, I've already gone over why I believe this.

To sum it up, downfield passing attack, Brady's extreme age. To me, unless they change up the O, it's easy to see coming.

Ghost12

Reaction score

LOL! What does this even mean? A "downfield passing attack"? What, it wasn't a "downfield passing attack" when he threw for 5,200 yards in 2011?

You look silly making things up out of thin air.