Wasn’t that PI on AB in the end zone?

Nav22

Reaction score
I think it started as a slip and once he felt himself going down he turned it into a flop. Believe me, nobody flops in the end zone.. Especially on a turn out route where the DB is playing you inside. Meaning you're already open as soon as you make your turn. It would have been an easy TD if not for the slip.
In any event, good no-call.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
Here is the play. Brown puts his hands on Toney a split second before Toney attempts his turn and loses his footing. There was nothing extra from Brown to cause the fall.

AB-Toney-R.gif
Brown even pulls his right arm back towards his chest trying to insure a no call penalty.
Ive noticed that subtle move not only with the Cowboys DBs but a few others are doing this as well due to the over sensitivity of the PI call against DBs.
Thats called excellent coaching IMO.
Brown did everything right and nothing wrong on that play IMHO.

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
I know some think the refs have it in for Dallas which is probably stretching it but in the opposite direction wasn’t that PI on AB in the end zone he seemed to be all over Toney’s back ? Would have given the Giants fresh downs at the one .

Buckaroo up in the booth got the Fox ref expert for his opinion and he thought Toney’s foot gave out and it was a good “ non call “ . Huh ? Really . That’s one that went Dallas way in a big way.
I thought Buck was actually right on on that one. Anthony Brown only landed on Toney because Toney slipped and fell. It was not a good no call, it was a great no call. I think these refs are way too jumpy with the PI over the years as I am under the belief that you have to let these players play (and yes that means no matter who they play for) both defenders and receivers. This one was pretty easy to see IMO that Toney fell and AB's contact was incidental due to that fact.

EDIT:: and actually rewatching that play, it almost looks like Toney played out the scenario in an attempt at getting the call. But either way, great no call

RonWashington

Reaction score
I thought Buck was actually right on on that one. Anthony Brown only landed on Toney because Toney slipped and fell. It was not a good no call, it was a great no call. I think these refs are way too jumpy with the PI over the years as I am under the belief that you have to let these players play (and yes that means no matter who they play for) both defenders and receivers. This one was pretty easy to see IMO that Toney fell and AB's contact was incidental due to that fact.

EDIT:: and actually rewatching that play, it almost looks like Toney played out the scenario in an attempt at getting the call. But either way, great no call

Yes the refs are much too involved

conner01

Reaction score
I know some think the refs have it in for Dallas which is probably stretching it but in the opposite direction wasn’t that PI on AB in the end zone he seemed to be all over Toney’s back ? Would have given the Giants fresh downs at the one .

Buckaroo up in the booth got the Fox ref expert for his opinion and he thought Toney’s foot gave out and it was a good “ non call “ . Huh ? Really . That’s one that went Dallas way in a big way.
Didn’t look like PI to me
Looked like he slipped

bigE79

Reaction score

If it wasn't called,it didn't happen...lol

IceBowler

Reaction score

Have no fear .. They'll get us back .. when it REALLY counts! :flagwave:

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
When a questionable call goes against Dallas the crying towels come out. AB did impede him got to watch the tape . I’ve defended AB on this forum took grief I was as happy to see his pick 6 as anyone. But to be a blind cheerleader nah that’s boring .
Right, because @MarcusRock always backs our guys, no matter what. Believe me, if he says it wasn't a penalty, it's because he firmly believes it wasn't a penalty. He'd probably be the first to call out a bad call that went our way, strictly because he does it impartially.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Here is the play. Brown puts his hands on Toney a split second before Toney attempts his turn and loses his footing. There was nothing extra from Brown to cause the fall.

AB-Toney-R.gif
In real time I thought a flag was coming, but once they showed the replay it was pretty clear there was nothing there.