Wasn’t that PI on AB in the end zone?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
no i had remarked immediately, it was more toney slipping than brown , but Toney was trying to sell off the push , even though he was no where near the ball. Ref had a clear view and correctly didnt call , color me surprised .

Where was the ref?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
It looked like Toney's foot slipped out from under him and he was going down on his own, so what contact there was may only been incidental

You can clearly see Brown push down Toney with both hands and extend his right arm in doing it. Toney starts to fall the moment Brown puts both hands on him. Luckily the refs blew the call.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Yep his foot slipped because he was pushed down by Brown. And yah, putting both hands on the receiver and pushing him to the ground is PI. :thumbup:

Hey I am tickled pink they didnt call it. You homers can have all the fun you want imagining it wasnt. We got lucky on the non PI call.

So, you posting any rules to back up what you say, buddy? Lol.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
LOL........cant you ever just say something with one or two sentences? I never read your 50 word paragraphs.

Its 100% clearly PI. You can lament your homer nonsense all you want. I would expect nothing different then one of our resident homers.

You're 10000000% wrong, but what is new.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So, you posting any rules to back up what you say, buddy? Lol.

Sure, its call HOLDING!!

But here is the EXACT rule for you genius:

pass interference by either team when any act by a player more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders an eligible player's opportunity to catch the ball.

Putting both hands on the receiver, pushing him to the ground as he makes his cut and landing on top of him, after clearly HINDERS Toney now doesnt it?

I think you forgot to take you smart pills today. :lmao2::lmao:

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This turned into another troll convention.

I guess its too hard for a homer to admit something that was blatant. When you watch it in slow motion, its even more blatant.

They missed the call...................GREAT!!!

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Sure, its call HOLDING!!

But here is the EXACT rule for you genius:

pass interference by either team when any act by a player more than one yard beyond the line of scrimmage significantly hinders an eligible player's opportunity to catch the ball.

Putting both hands on the receiver, pushing him to the ground as he makes his cut and landing on top of him, after clearly HINDERS Toney now doesnt it?

I think you forgot to take you smart pills today. :lmao2::lmao:

There was no push. And "significantly hinders" implies that some hinderance is okay and that the ref needs to deem the hinderance as "significant." He didn't. You said yourself that Brown extended his arms to push and yet admit that Toney slipped before Brown extended when called on it which means Brown could have just been trying to keep his hand there even as Toney went down.

I point out when calls don't go our way when posters whine about them but I'm never angry about it as you appear to be. I said it best from the start, you clearly just want to argue. You're probably the best example here of real life bleeding over to a message board. It seems when life craps on you, you come here to confront people. Maybe you lost fantasy points on the play or something or hate that Zeke is doing so well. Lol.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
There was no push. And "significantly hinders" implies that some hinderance is okay and that the ref needs to deem the hinderance as "significant." He didn't. You said yourself that Brown extended his arms to push and yet admit that Toney slipped before Brown extended when called on it which means Brown could have just been trying to keep his hand there even as Toney went down.

I point out when calls don't go our way when posters whine about them but I'm never angry about it as you appear to be. I said it best from the start, you clearly just want to argue. You're probably the best example here of real life bleeding over to a message board. It seems when life craps on you, you come here to confront people. Maybe you lost fantasy points on the play or something or hate that Zeke is doing so well. Lol.

100% pushed him. You can see the arm extension clearly and Toney begins to fall the moment Brown puts both hands on him.

Zeke is on my fantasy team. Picked him 5th overall. Knew he would have a great season.

Why would ANYONE not love what Zeke is doing this year? If Zeke did this the last few years maybe some of us wouldnt rag on him. Clearly you see the difference right?

Nice to see Zeke finally get in the shape he should have always been.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
100% pushed him. You can see the arm extension clearly and Toney begins to fall the moment Brown puts both hands on him.

Zeke is on my fantasy team. Picked him 5th overall. Knew he would have a great season.

Why would ANYONE not love what Zeke is doing this year? If Zeke did this the last few years maybe some of us wouldnt rag on him. Clearly you see the difference right?

Nice to see Zeke finally get in the shape he should have always been.

No. You see the arm extension after Toney slips. You tried to point it out as proof Brown used that to push him over when he was going down BEFORE Brown extended before you had to admit that was not the case. So again, where is the rule that merely 2 hands on a receiver is PI as you stated?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
No. You see the arm extension after Toney slips. You tried to point it out as proof Brown used that to push him over when he was going down BEFORE Brown extended before you had to admit that was not the case. So again, where is the rule that merely 2 hands on a receiver is PI as you stated?

Thats right when you push someone down the arm extends as they fall down. Thats how it works. Hence the arm being at full extension at the end of the push. 100% PI and its not even close.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
Thats right when you push someone down the arm extends as they fall down. Thats how it works. Hence the arm being at full extension at the end of the push. 100% PI and its not even close.

So you just avoided the question about the rule about 2 hands on a WR.. nice. And if you walk into a wall, slip and fall down, the wall didn't push you down. The WR slipped. His foot went out from under him, it was NOT a push no matter how many times you say it or want it to be. The WR actually tripped Brown when his foot went out from under him causing Brown to fall down.

SackMaster

Reaction score
Here is the play. Brown puts his hands on Toney a split second before Toney attempts his turn and loses his footing. There was nothing extra from Brown to cause the fall.

AB-Toney-R.gif
Yep. I think if his left leg doesn't slip out but still ends up on the ground, that is a flag. But with the slip, that is a good non-call.

Even Blandino (the former ref turned Fox "rule expert") said it could have be called either way, but thought this was a good non-call with the WR slipping on the cut.

JMHO

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
So you just avoided the question about the rule about 2 hands on a WR.. nice. And if you walk into a wall, slip and fall down, the wall didn't push you down. The WR slipped. His foot went out from under him, it was NOT a push no matter how many times you say it or want it to be. The WR actually tripped Brown when his foot went out from under him causing Brown to fall down.

Did I say there was a rule? Thats some BS you made up.

The WR tripped brown? LOL

He fell because Brown pushed him with both hands. Falls the moment brown pushed him. Its very clear because of the arm extension.

MarcusRock

Reaction score

Again, cite the rule that merely having 2 hands on a player is PI as you claimed. Still waiting ....