Waters signing? tweet from brad sham

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love the signing. He doesn't have to be a Pro Bowler to be an immense improvement for us. Really does reshape the line and its depth.

Any chance he's out there Week 1? Surely no, right?

He played on Sept 12th after signing with the Pats on Sept 4th so I don't rule it out entirely.

Joe Realist

No Kool-Aid here!
Reaction score
you guys are excited until he pulls a hamstring and ends up on IR. Dude is old.

erod

Reaction score
AGE, he's not 26, he's 36, major difference.......and offensive linemen go fast, when they go...

Guards can play forever so long as they don't get hurt. Dude has never been hurt.

Very much like Larry Allen, according to Marc Columbo, who added that defensive lineman hate playing against Waters because of his physicality.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I can appreciate his reasons too. But the fact remains, his heart was not in it. Would you hire someone who really did not want to work for you? I would not.

Would you rather have Michael Jordan a year after he retired with his heart not in it or some random 26 year old who is trying hard?

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Guards can play forever so long as they don't get hurt. Dude has never been hurt.

Very much like Larry Allen, according to Marc Columbo, who added that defensive lineman hate playing against Waters because of his physicality.

Columbo went down very fast, and Larry was a shell of himself the last couple of years and they weren't 36 and out of football for 18 month's

newlander

Reaction score
Ian Rapoport is reporting it as well

Guys, I won't lie. I don't know alot about the guy because I didn't think Jerruh would get it done. What can you tell me about him? Plus, what can we REALISTICALLY expect from this guy after having missed all of the preseason? Not skeptical, just......curious.

Reaction score
Even if Waters isn't at the hoped-for all-pro level, at the bare minimum he adds instant depth to a group in desperate need of depth. Tackle remains a concern but I'm hopeful that Parnell will improve as he heals up and the season progresses.

erod

Reaction score
Columbo went down very fast, and Larry was a shell of himself the last couple of years and they weren't 36 and out of football for 18 month's

Columbo was ravaged by injuries his whole career, and Larry was fat and injured in his latter years with knee and ankle issues.

Waters is completely healthy.

bark

Reaction score
Good move by the front office. Upgrade to a position of need. Hopefully , when he drops back, Tony's doesn't have to contend with pressure right in his face anymore.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Would you rather have Michael Jordan a year after he retired with his heart not in it or some random 26 year old who is trying hard?

so now brandon moore is the equivalent of michael jordan. u do no need to stretch all semblence of reality to make a point.

and a strange point at that since waters is far from a try hard done nothing 26 yr old.

reddyuta

Reaction score

Its a one year deal,all i am looking for is some some steady league average work and not to stink up the line like Bernie and Livings.

visionary

Reaction score
Great signing
Now OL will be much improved if he can stay healthy

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Columbo was ravaged by injuries his whole career, and Larry was fat and injured in his latter years with knee and ankle issues.

Waters is completely healthy.

and 31 other team had no interest in him for two seasons, I guess no other team needed a pro-bowl guard, except the desperate cowboys??? just remember what I said, be careful what you wish for....

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Its a one year deal,all i am looking for is some some steady league average work and not to stink up the line like Bernie and Livings.

oh I'll be hoping he's steady, I'm just going to be a little leary of this signing that's all..

Staubacher

Reaction score
Major upgrade. Elite guard. One year out is fine he didn't get beat up or injured. They worked him out today and he checked out. This move is huuuge. Puts us over the top on offense. We will be nearly unstoppable