Waters signing? tweet from brad sham

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Anyway he plays Sunday?

I don't see how he could be ready unless someone slipped him a playbook a month ago.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
he only wanted to play in Texas..so that limits teams he was willing to play for quite abit wouldn't you say?

if you believe that media BS spin, I have some swamp land for sale in Florida, He'd play for what ever team gave him the money, he just didn't want to go to training camp...

newlander

Reaction score
You googled him.

Well... it's certainly easier than analysing his play based on game footage.

I have a life ya goof, I'm not going to analyze game footage. I do know this, I NEVER noticed him when he played for KC and NE. You know what they say, if you don't notice and Olineman they're more than doiing their job. Seriously, he's a 6 time pro bowler....don't need to look at game footage: already know he's a huge improvement over Mack or Livings.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
I don't think you can.

He wouldn't show up for the off-season stuff and then you'd obviously be giving a player special treatment.

Don't need our own Favre situation.

If things work out, we can just cross that bridge next year.

(fingers crossed)

I agree... but for a different reason. If I was Waters, I would want a one year deal to give me the option of looking elsewhere next year if I wanted too.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hopefully, he plays at an elite level. Not sure what to expect from him given his age and being out of football for a year. But could potentially be a very good signing.

You'd have to think his workout went well, at least. Surprised they were able to keep that quiet until they announced the signing. Happy about this, obviously.

WittenFan

Reaction score
Bottom Line... at best he plays lights out, unseats Berny and has another Pro Bowl or near Pro Bowl season. At worst, he's a better back up than Arkin. I don't see how either is a bad thing.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Anyway he plays Sunday?

I don't see how he could be ready unless someone slipped him a playbook a month ago.

That's what I'm wondering too.

But I think at the very least, this moves Free back to right tackle.

I think Bernardeau will play right guard in Week One if Waters doesn't.

tantrix1969

Reaction score
if you believe that media BS spin, I have some swamp land for sale in Florida, He'd play for what ever team gave him the money, he just didn't want to go to training camp...

if believing that is what you want to do then great, personally signing Waters has given me a faith in the oline that definitely wasn't present when we were talking about Free at rg

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
That's what I'm wondering too.

But I think at the very least, this moves Free back to right tackle.

I think Bernardeau will play right guard in Week One if Waters doesn't.

Maybe.. Or maybe they're ready to make the switch for good and use Free as the swing guy. It wouldn't surprise me.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Doesn't matter....there is a precedent for it and the guy brought up a good example in Donaldson....stop being a buzz killer. Waters is a HECKUVA solid player from everthing I've just Googled on him.......great teammate, solid technician and respected throughout the league....quit whining.

So it's whining if you pose concerns? Sorry you can read all you want on someone and its all great. The point I think some are missing is the guy hasn't played since 2011 hasn't been in any offseason training program etc... He doesn't know the play book. So for some this signing doesn't get them excited and that's pretty fair. If he is this great all-pro world beater probowl OG and just tears it up great! But someone could only find Ray Donaldson from 18 years ago they they were able to compare Waters signing to. Doesn't really make some feel all warm and fuzzy. You can throw insults all you want, but fact is people have legit concerns.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if believing that is what you want to do then great, personally signing Waters has given me a faith in the oline that definitely wasn't present when we were talking about Free at rg

Me as well.

My optimism has spiked as a result of this signing.