Way to early Win/Loss record for the 2024 season

Creeper

Reaction score
Well, this is what I believe will be their record for the 2024 season....I hope not and I know its still too early...but I've lost all faith in the Jones boys and coaches...
The toss ups, I really don't how those teams will fair...If we win those 4 toss up matches it still puts our record at 9-8...I don't have much faith going into next season with the practically same staff. What say you...

Home:
New York Giants - Win
Philadelphia Eagles – Win
Washington Commanders - Win
Baltimore Ravens – Loss, we will loose this game as bad as we lost in the SF, Bills games…
Cincinnati Bengals - loss
New Orleans Saints – toss up
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - loss
Detroit Lions - loss
Houston Texans - loss

Away:
New York Giants - Win
Philadelphia Eagles - Loss
Atlanta Falcons – Toss up
Carolina Panthers – Toss up
Cleveland Browns - Loss
Pittsburgh Steelers – Toss up
San Francisco 49ers – Loss
5 wins
8 Losses
4 toss ups that could go either way.
This seems pessimistic to me. The Saints, Bucs, Falcons, Panthers and Steelers are toss ups? We have no idea who is playing for any of these teams next year but if the Panthers are a toss up, then why is any game a sure thing?

Let's see what kind of team Dallas puts on the field next year.

GMO415

Reaction score
Well, this is what I believe will be their record for the 2024 season....I hope not and I know its still too early...but I've lost all faith in the Jones boys and coaches...
The toss ups, I really don't how those teams will fair...If we win those 4 toss up matches it still puts our record at 9-8...I don't have much faith going into next season with the practically same staff. What say you...

Home:
New York Giants - Win
Baltimore Ravens – Loss, we will loose this game as bad as we lost in the SF, Bills games…
Detroit Lions - loss
Houston Texans - loss

Away:
New York Giants - Win
Cleveland Browns - Loss
5 wins
8 Losses
Playing it backwards is just prolonging the inevitable, blowing up the entire coaching staff.

Jerry wanted a decade on Garrett so one more year won't hurt.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The only predictions I can confidently make for 2024:
  • Jerry will make proclamations of “a great draft” this spring. May even show the world our draft board to back it up.
  • Stephen will explain why we ”can’t afford” any big FAs this year. You know…salary cap restrictions.
  • Jerry will tearfully tell us at his annual “State of the Cowboys” presser how strongly he believes in his team, his players and coaches, and that he cannot be anything but positive because that’s his nature. Stephen will giggle at his daddy’s jokes.
  • Less Cowboys fans will believe all or most of the above than at any time this century.

Trajan

Reaction score
Unless we make some solid FA pickups, think we are worse. This years draft wasn’t too good. And we have too many holes to fill with the next draft.

blueblood70

Reaction score

Home:
New York Giants - Win
Detroit Lions - loss
Houston Texans - loss

Away:
New York Giants - Win
Cleveland Browns - Loss
5 wins
8 Losses
Well this is gonna be interesting but lots of people are saying we're gonna have our worst season since 2020 they've been saying that every year that we're gonna win nine games we're gonna be barely 500 and eventually somebody's gonna get it right but I don't do this way too early deal until I see what they start doing in the offseason so when March comes we see who they decide to keep who they go after get prepared for the draft and I can start talking about record... We'd be hard pressed to not at least win 10 games if we're bringing back the same coaching staff in the same quarter players not do something drastic and get rid of the quarterback you know #4 it gives us a shot our offense is almost set to be as good or better with just the addition of a running back like a stud from the draft we need to figure out what to do on defense and Dan Quinn is holding us up no idea...

blueblood70

Reaction score
Sorry but frankly it doesn't really matter to me. It's what happens in the playoffs that is far more interesting and concerning.
Yeah but we have to get there first, you can't simply skip the regular season like in Madden and then go right into the playoffs...

you can't have a bad season and get into the playoffs, therefore you have to talk about the regular season being important,​
just like this year we thought we were fully set up, we won the division again for the second time in three years, we got this number two seed & a home game.. goal #1 was met,​
that was interesting fight at the end to get back and do all those things matters but yeah it was a big disappointment, we lost in that fashion in the playoffs...​
I mean I don't care if we have lost by one point would have been almost as disappointing, we should have lost the game at all....​

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I think the wheels finally fall off ........ but I admit its mostly because of disappointment and resentment.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
This team is set to fall off the cliff in 2024. There's too much pressure, too much internal volatility, to expect anything else. I've seen this before.

The 2024 Cowboys won't even make the playoffs. Get ready for 2010 all over again. Maybe not quite that bad but the end of the McCarthy era.
Disagree. Our best players are in their prime years and we play the poo poo platter of the NFC East and NFC South. Playoffs are another story.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score

Home:
New York Giants - Win
Detroit Lions - loss
Houston Texans - loss

Away:
New York Giants - Win
Cleveland Browns - Loss
5 wins
8 Losses
9 and 8 and miss the playoffs.
Mac gets fired.
We hire another safe HC that Jerry is comfortable with.
Rinse and repeat until Jerry moves on.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Home:
New York Giants - Win
Detroit Lions - loss
Houston Texans - loss

Away:
New York Giants - Win
Cleveland Browns - Loss
5 wins
8 Losses
8 or 9 wins. 2nd place in NFC East.

rockj7

Reaction score

Home:
New York Giants - Win
Detroit Lions - loss
Houston Texans - loss

Away:
New York Giants - Win
Cleveland Browns - Loss
5 wins
8 Losses
Is it me or does next year feel like a throw away sesson already.