Way Too Many “Dak Don’t Play Defense” Posts Going Around

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I am a Dak fan. But its OK to say he and the entire team and coaching staff were yet again, a total no-show vs a quality team on the road. Its sickening. Have some pride. I could live with them losing vs a good team and even expected an L yesterday, but to have no fight in them was gutless. They deserve any abuse they get.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
I am a Dak fan. But its OK to say he and the entire team and coaching staff were yet again, a total no-show vs a quality team on the road. Its sickening. Have some pride. I could live with them losing vs a good team and even expected an L yesterday, but to have no fight in them was gutless. They deserve any abuse they get.
deserves abuse

world needs more of this

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The type of Cowboys fans who only show up after the team losses a game. They hope that the Cowboys will never win a Super Bowl with Dak, because if that happens they might not show their faces on this forum for a months or not until the Cowboys lost a game in the following season.

Brooksey

Reaction score
So?

You take away that garbage time TD and it would’ve required a shut out from the defense to hold on to that 3-0 lead from that whole 3 points Dak got us.

The defense was trash and everyone knows it, but Dak was just as much trash.
Dak has been great but he struggles against better defenses on the road, he holds the ball.

Most of this is mental, IMO. He has to overcome it like he does against Philadelphia or we're dead in the playoffs again

Hagman

Put Niland and Green in the ROH
Reaction score
giphy.gif

Sydla

Reaction score
Defense stunk.

Dak stunk.

McCarthy stunk.

I mean other than Aubrey, just about everyone stunk. The problem is that the anti-Dak and pro-Dak crowds, after losses, have to dig in and blame one or the other solely when in many cases, blame can be spread around to many players, including Dak.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
:thumbup:

OP is right. Dak was trash yesterday. Whole team was.

Problem is OP so labeled with the Dak Hater Shtick now he'll never win. LOL

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Referring to the big thread earlier this week about paying Dak 70 million and half the board saying "YES DO IT". You are a competent poster, and refused to agree, so you were not part of that post.
I hate the premature talk of contracts and all that…because soon as a bad game comes we are gonna want them to walk lol.

Shane612

Reaction score
Prescott: "They beat us with formula".
What does that mean?
I wish he stop talking in pumper-sticker.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Dak has been great but he struggles against better defenses on the road, he holds the ball.

Most of this is mental, IMO. He has to overcome it like he does against Philadelphia or we're dead in the playoffs again
Provide All-22 angles proving the receivers are open and Dak not hitting them or holding ball too long with similar time in pocket...on the road against good teams.

You could be right...but prove it. Im not doing the work...you claimed it.

Going further...if that is Daks issue...ITS ON THE COACHING to adjust to Daks better ways.

I liked the play calling tonight on offense. But show me more visual evidence of Dak floundering against good teams and zone. You could be right...just show me instead of telling me.

Sounds like good teams apply pressure at a quicker rate. I dont have proof of this...just seems like as a casual fan that could be the issue with Dak. If pressure is the issue...is it Dak, coaching scheme? Where is the blame? Oline?

Define it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Defense stunk.

Dak stunk.

McCarthy stunk.

I mean other than Aubrey, just about everyone stunk. The problem is that the anti-Dak and pro-Dak crowds, after losses, have to dig in and blame one or the other solely when in many cases, blame can be spread around to many players, including Dak.
I think even the most pro Dak fan will tell you he was bad yesterday….

erod

Reaction score
The type of Cowboys fans who only show up after the team losses a game. They hope that the Cowboys will never win a Super Bowl with Dak, because if that happens they might not show their faces on this forum for a months or not until the Cowboys lost a game in the following season.
I get so tired of this.

Just because I rightly don't believe in Dak doesn't mean I don't want them to win the Super Bowl with him. That's ridiculous.

I just know what he is, so I see how implausible that is. He's a good dude with limited talent. Games like yesterday move way too fast for him.

But it's not about "being right" about him. I know I'm right because I have 8 seasons to look at, but that doesn't mean lightning can't strike. That would be awesome!

So would winning the lottery, but that ain't happening either. Dak isn't the guy for big moments like yesterday and all the others like it.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
:thumbup:

OP is right. Dak was trash yesterday. Whole team was.

Problem is OP so labeled with the Dak Hater Shtick now he'll never win. LOL
To be fair he only shows up when Dak doesn’t play well.

It’s obvious Dak was part of the problem yesterday, but dude wasn’t here when Dak was the reason we won against SEA.

It’s just such an obsessed point of view.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
People are always quick to talk about "complimentary football." Well if complimentary football is what is needed then the offense scoring 3 points for majority of the game while basically doing nothing else during the rest of the game and then defending that performance with the claim "Dak does not play defense" is a pretty ignorant take.

VaqueroTD

Reaction score

It’s obvious Dak was part of the problem yesterday, but dude wasn’t here when Dak was the reason we won against SEA.

Agree. :cool:

erod

Reaction score
Provide All-22 angles proving the receivers are open and Dak not hitting them or holding ball too long with similar time in pocket...on the road against good teams.

You could be right...but prove it. Im not doing the work...you claimed it.

Going further...if that is Daks issue...ITS ON THE COACHING to adjust to Daks better ways.

I liked the play calling tonight on offense. But show me more visual evidence of Dak floundering against good teams and zone. You could be right...just show me instead of telling me.

Sounds like good teams apply pressure at a quicker rate. I dont have proof of this...just seems like as a casual fan that could be the issue with Dak. If pressure is the issue...is it Dak, coaching scheme? Where is the blame? Oline?

Define it.
This has long been known. Dak struggles badly against zone defenses against good teams. Looks like that every single time.

Receivers were open all game.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score

Why would someone complain about Dak when he shows up to play? Isn't that what he is paid to do? Isn't showing up for the big game part of his job description when he is paid as one of the best in the league?