Way Too Many “Dak Don’t Play Defense” Posts Going Around

erod

Reaction score
People are always quick to talk about "complimentary football." Well if complimentary football is what is needed then the offense scoring 3 points for majority of the game while basically doing nothing else during the rest of the game and then defending that performance with the claim "Dak does not play defense" is a pretty ignorant take.
Yep, we had 82 total yards well into the 4th quarter. Lol

FanofJerry

Reaction score
This has long been known. Dak struggles badly against zone defenses against good teams. Looks like that every single time.

Receivers were open all game.
show me the data

if slow process against zone with teams applying pressure quicker...thats on coaches...not just Dak. Dak has shown he can throw.

I think blame mostly goes on coaches and oline.

call me stupid...but seems like dak has shown he can make throws and produce fairly well. producing against pressure seems to fall mostly on oline and coaching scheme. asking a qb to be a miracle worker seems like failure. i dont think many qbs succeed in that environment anyway so i dont put it all on Dak unless there is substantial visual proof he is the one lacking processing speed and decision making

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
This has long been known. Dak struggles badly against zone defenses against good teams. Looks like that every single time.

Receivers were open all game.
Lol!

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
There is no rule that I know of that says more than one player or unit can’t be horrible in the same game. Horrible from HC all the way down to, but not including the kicker.
No one crying will admit it, but maybe Pollard had a good game, but them who?
And the defense was a complete embarrassment.

Cmac

Reaction score
If all that can come out that mess in Buffalo is look at Dak......then we ain't going nowhere. There were collapses all over the place and dismissing such explains the futility.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Yep, we had 82 total yards well into the 4th quarter. Lol
Yep, and all these people posting Allen's stats from yesterday. Folks, Dak stunk up the joint with his play yesterday. He literally did nothing and threw a pick which actually contributed to hurting the team. Allen might not have been stellar but he didn't hurt his team and their running game was stout enough to where they didn't need Allen to toss it 30 times.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak had less than 100 yards passing and put up 3 points going into the 4th quarter. He looked so bad that it’s hard to imagine him winning the MVP after the performance. Plenty of blame to go around and he’s not immune from it. It was a team collapse on both sides of the ball.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
Watch the game.
I think its mostly coaching and oline play.

I dont think there are many qbs that produce well, continuously and sustain it under pressure. QBs have bad games against teams that provide pressure.

rnr_honeybadger

Reaction score
Dak had less than 100 yards passing and put up 3 points going into the 4th quarter. He looked so bad that it’s hard to imagine him winning the MVP after the performance. Plenty of blame to go around and he’s not immune from it. It was a team collapse on both sides of the ball.
C'mon man. I have it on good authority that Dak Prescott is hands down the best QB in the league. Maybe ever.

erod

Reaction score
Yep, and all these people posting Allen's stats from yesterday. Folks, Dak stunk up the joint with his play yesterday. He literally did nothing and threw a pick which actually contributed to hurting the team. Allen might not have been stellar but he didn't hurt his team and their running game was stout enough to where they didn't need Allen to toss it 30 times.
Allen was stellar. He played the game that was on the field and made some key plays. Stats don't matter.

He is the heart and soul of that team. He gives them their attitude and style.

Conversely, Dak holds his team back in these moments.

Mark

Reaction score
For whatever maddening reason, there was a reversion to the "dink & dunk" offense we saw in the losses to ARI and SF. Dak completed 21 passes...with an average of 3.9 yds./completion.

erod

Reaction score
I think its mostly coaching and oline play.

I dont think there are many qbs that produce well, continuously and sustain it under pressure. QBs have bad games against teams that provide pressure.
But Dak has done this every single time in his career in games like this against legit contenders. The Bills are that despite their record.

Allen embodies that team. He is their everything and gives them their identity.

Dak wilts every time in these situations. He only plays the division well, but he sees them twice a year.

FanofJerry

Reaction score
But Dak has done this every single time in his career in games like this against legit contenders. The Bills are that despite their record.

Allen embodies that team. He is their everything and gives them their identity.

Dak wilts every time in these situations. He only plays the division well, but he sees them twice a year.
side stepping

yawn