We’ll likely lose Richard for Garrett **merged**

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Richard is Tier 1 head coaching candidate by advisory board. Garrett survives by making the playoffs. So the dream of Richard replacing him is likely dead. Richard will be head coaching another team in 2019 and we’re stuck with the Clapper for another year (or decade). Shoot me now.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-has-list-of-coaching-candidates-ready-to-go/

Idk if richard is hc material just because he seems.to know about the xses and os. Id rather say he for sure is great at his position right now and we should take the risk to promote him to dc. But hc needs other traits. I am not sure he has those.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Forget it , even dallas fans don't know a talented coach if they have one ...

Bye Richards, ... our brightest coach in a decade ...

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
The odds of Richard going from a DB coach to a head coach are.........?

It won't happen in Dallas, not while Jerry still has rainbow eyes and a man crush for Garrett

ShiningStar

Reaction score
you guys said this about Linehan. The league and work does not work that way. Richard also took a bit of a hit leaving Seattle as well because people wanted to know if it was the talent or him. clearly its him but that doesnt make him HC material as well. And a few good days at work does not gt you promoted.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It won't happen in Dallas, not while Jerry still has rainbow eyes and a man crush for Garrett
I'm saying at all. A team comes and takes a DB coach and make him a head coach? Richard had the resume prior to getting here. If I'm not mistaken he was fired as the Seahawks DC. Came here as our DB coach. So a year later he's NOW a head coaching candidate? I'm sure he will be used in the "Rooney rule" because these organizations have made a joke out of what that rule was suppose to be.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
you guys said this about Linehan. The league and work does not work that way. Richard also took a bit of a hit leaving Seattle as well because people wanted to know if it was the talent or him. clearly its him but that doesnt make him HC material as well. And a few good days at work does not gt you promoted.
No it doesn't. I do think the plan was for him to be a DC here though. I think Maranelli is going to call it quits. IF not this season the next. He's going to do for him what Kiffin did for him here.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Unfortunately, to comply with the Rooney Rule someone like Richard may get some token interviews, although he is deserving of actual HC openings.

I would imagine Green Bay is going to want an offensive-minded HC.

slick325

Reaction score
I'm ok with that. No one was clamoring for him as a HC when he left the Seahawks. He has done well once again when the cupboard is full. Good luck Sir.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
Richard came to dallas and made the defense the 3rd best in the league , within a single season .

Talented doesn't begin to cover it .

RoyalCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How do you even know he wants to be a HC right now? Maybe he doesn't want to. Let's stop speculating.

tm1119

Reaction score
I doubt it. He’ll likely be the Dallas DC next season.

Dude just got fired from a DC position last year.

Much ado about nothing, in all likelihood. Nice panic job though.

He got a head coach interview last year before taking our job. He’s been on the fast track to head coach for a while now. And Seattle’s D let up 20.8 PPG in 2017 which was good for top 1/2 of the league, he didn’t get fired for being really bad. Carroll felt he needed a “shake up.” Now that our D took a dramatic turn to top 5 with Richard coming in and calling plays? I’ll be shocked if he doesn’t get a head coach offer....at the very least he’ll get multiple interviews. It’s definitely a realistic conversation to have.

Bob-Lillys-War

Reaction score
How do you even know he wants to be a HC right now? Maybe he doesn't want to. Let's stop speculating.

No speculation , Greenbay wants to interview him for the head coaching job .

I 'speculate' assistant coaches dream of being 'head coaches' one day ... but hey , maybe its just me and some greed .

Praxit

Reaction score
..it looks like Richard could be offered the DC if price is right. Even though Marinelli has done a descent job here. Richard's 1st year presence, has caught like embers from a fire. This defense, could take Dallas far this year, cementing the point.

I cant see Marinelli arguing with that. I also dont see Jerry & Sons messing with the process that works.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
You people worry too much.

Richard has no credentials. Just look at Garrett's resume.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
No it doesn't. I do think the plan was for him to be a DC here though. I think Maranelli is going to call it quits. IF not this season the next. He's going to do for him what Kiffin did for him here.

i agree with this.

GenoT

Reaction score
Gotta feeling Jerry’s already tabbed KR as DC-in-waiting, seeing as how Rod M’s been considering retirement for a few seasons at this point.

After KR gets a coupla seasons of DC under his belt, who knows?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Richard is Tier 1 head coaching candidate by advisory board. Garrett survives by making the playoffs. So the dream of Richard replacing him is likely dead. Richard will be head coaching another team in 2019 and we’re stuck with the Clapper for another year (or decade). Shoot me now.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...-has-list-of-coaching-candidates-ready-to-go/

My hope is that he takes over the DC job and Jerry pays him handsomely to do that.

Two new coordinators would be amazing.