We’re gonna get blown off the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

McMicah

Reaction score
Where are you getting this from about Asim Richards? He struggled badly starting at Left Tackle against the Jaguars 1st team D-line.

https://thelandryhat.com/posts/4-bi...son-loss-jaguars-tolbert-clark-01h7nsgwx9sc/3

Against the Seahawks, Ball played well. Too bad he is done for the season due to injury. This is what PFF had to say about the rest of the Oline reserves, including Asim Richards...

"Unfortunately, the rest of Dallas' offensive side seemed to struggle, especially in the run-blocking realm, so it seldom paid off with explosive runs and notable gains. The Cowboys desperately need one of their reserve interior offensive linemen to step up and prove capable of contributing if forced to play in a game that truly matters."

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-3-thin...owboys-preseason-loss-to-the-seattle-seahawks
I watched every offensive snap for each offensive lineman at least twice (12+ repeats). I have no idea what PFF is talking about with Richards, unless they are specifically focusing on his guard play. He was my top graded OL against the Jags almost tied with Ball. Then I felt like he and Ball traded on the Seahawks but he still played outstanding, and then TJ Bass entered the chat and Richards and Bass tied for top performances in game 3.

Ball and Bass are IOL and are very good at it. Neither should play OT (Ball in game 3 was yikes). Richards is an OT and is very good at it. He should not play OG unless he gets ALOT stronger

BleedSilverandBlue

Curator of Excellent Takes
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Because their reactions are either

”HA! I told you so!”

OR

”HA! It was only the Giants!”
This right here pretty much sums up the attitude of a certain subset of posters on this board that we all are quite aware of.

No matter what happens, they throw a fit. It is so childish that I almost have to believe that it is an attempt at satire.

XXLMike

Reaction score
Yeah. Tyron looked awful against Nick Bosa in the playoffs. Two tackles, one QB hit. That's against the defensive player of the year. And Tyron was playing a position he had hardly played for years.
Dude, can’t tie his own shoes .

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
From second article as it relates to Asim Richards play at LT

This one play can summarize how the Cowboys offensive line performed...

Asim Richards: kicks out well, solid leverage

The quote you provided states interior lineman in Particular, this would not be Asim Richards, as the quote I provided seems to concur with.

We were discussing the Dallas Cowboys draft. Next time I'll be sure to make it clear that on a Cowboys board discussing Cowboys draft picks that I do in fact mean the Cowboys.
I'm talking about the current hole at Left Guard, not Tackle, so bringing up Asim Richards in no way helps.

Pass2Run

Reaction score
Brandin Cooks, Lamb, Gallup, Tolbert, Vaughn, Pollard. I think we're in for a surprise with the WCO style plays. We shouldn't be dependant upon a line that blocks for 5 seconds each play. 2 seconds and its out.

Plus, nobody said Tyler isnt playing yet..

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I am not as concerned about the defense....i think they will be able to shut the giants down, but the offense needs to score at least 20 points. Can't expect the D to get two pick 6 and a fumble recovery for a TD. Dak needs to show us why they are paying him all this money, besides "that's the market for a starting QB".. :banghead:
Dak can't do much if the Oline doesn't do their job. The Oline is key for our Offense to succeed.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
It's called scheme. Think of it as one of the wood blocks that is a square shape and you try to put it in a round hole.
scheme is a philosophy. philosophies should be flexible. offensive lines tend to work well when the guy can handle his assignments and make the team better. That's what OCT's college tape & training camp prove.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
No Tyler Smith

A washed up stiff Tyron Smith , hobbling about .

Edoga is absolute gar - bage.

We neglected the offensive line from the draft until today and now it’s biting us in the groin- like a snake .

Ignorance abound - trading for 3rd string QB’s - ignoring a massive hole on the left side.

Not making one solid move to add a veteran.

Giants are licking their chops .

29-12

Bass is the play but we’ll go Edoga - stupidly.
A Jets castoff
Need a tissue, ** has an xtra as well.
This is a healthy roster other than the entire left side of the OL, why are you so overly sensitive about this?

McMicah

Reaction score
can you say that with 100% certainty?
I think they had a 3rd round grade on him or something. I thought I heard that on the closing draft show or one of the podcasts. The reasoning was because they viewed him as ‘maxed out’, similar to that TE everyone thought was gonna go first and then didn’t go until later.

Time will tell. I watched that clip up of Torrence and he looks pretty good, but not really all that different from Bass. I think he’s a little stronger than Bass, but Bass did combo blocks better

Cebrin

Reaction score
No Tyler Smith

A washed up stiff Tyron Smith , hobbling about .

Edoga is absolute gar - bage.

We neglected the offensive line from the draft until today and now it’s biting us in the groin- like a snake .

Ignorance abound - trading for 3rd string QB’s - ignoring a massive hole on the left side.

Not making one solid move to add a veteran.

Giants are licking their chops .

29-12

Bass is the play but we’ll go Edoga - stupidly.
A Jets castoff
If Kellen Moore were your OC you'd likely be right. I expect we play fast, lots of rub routes, TE plays, and run hard. Control the clock, and play smart. Our defense should roast their offense.

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
If the Cowboys win it is great if not it is not a big deal
the season is too long just enjoy it

Status
Not open for further replies.