We’re gonna get blown off the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayman70

Reaction score
weird thread. Did Karnak create it? I think we start the game struggling but will find a running game late when it matters. I think we see a surprise player have a big night in a key play to get the win BARELY. Deuce or Turpin. Quick timing passes and run the ball, we win. If we have Dak run to many 7 step drops, we get beat. Deuce will take it 2 the house at least 1 time. Kids a star in the making if we use him right.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
If you really want to see some miserable people click on the game chat during a game that’s not going well for the Cowboys. :laugh:
Not sure I'm going to even spend much time, if any, in the game threads this year. Based on the preseason, there's just too much overreaction. I enjoy discussing the team objectively, but there's not a lot of objectivity to it. If that's how they want to fan, I'm not telling them they need to change, but it doesn't mean I have to be dragged down by it.

kevm3

Reaction score
The issue with this game is, we've beaten the Giants for a long time, so I feel like we come in with a spirit of complacency, and guys pencil this in as a victory.

We haven't played our starters during preseason, so it will be at least a quarter before they have any cohesion.

We have a paper thin O-line, which will affect our run game. Pollard will be solid, but expecting a guy who came back from leg surgery and was the number 2 to be the number 1 back is stretching it. I like Deuce, but a small back behind a thin O line is going to get stuffed more times than not.

We're pretty much going to be forced to watch Dak toss the ball a ton... and having the qb toss a ton is not always the best recipe for success, especially with Dak coming off a year where he had a record amount of interceptions.

We also have a huge question mark at kicker.

We can win this one, but it's going to be much closer than many expect.

JBS

Reaction score
The issue with this game is, we've beaten the Giants for a long time, so I feel like we come in with a spirit of complacency, and guys pencil this in as a victory.

We haven't played our starters during preseason, so it will be at least a quarter before they have any cohesion.

We have a paper thin O-line, which will affect our run game. Pollard will be solid, but expecting a guy who came back from leg surgery and was the number 2 to be the number 1 back is stretching it. I like Deuce, but a small back behind a thin O line is going to get stuffed more times than not.

We're pretty much going to be forced to watch Dak toss the ball a ton... and having the qb toss a ton is not always the best recipe for success, especially with Dak coming off a year where he had a record amount of interceptions.

We also have a huge question mark at kicker.

We can win this one, but it's going to be much closer than many expect.
Nobody should be expecting anything other than a close game. It’s the nfl, most games are close. Everything else you wrote is speculation. Just assuming the team will come in complacent is a joke. They may not play well , but that doesn’t mean they’re complacent. Not playing in the preseason has merit

exciter

Reaction score
No Tyler Smith

A washed up stiff Tyron Smith , hobbling about .

Edoga is absolute gar - bage.

We neglected the offensive line from the draft until today and now it’s biting us in the groin- like a snake .

Ignorance abound - trading for 3rd string QB’s - ignoring a massive hole on the left side.

Not making one solid move to add a veteran.

Giants are licking their chops .

29-12

Bass is the play but we’ll go Edoga - stupidly.
A Jets castoff
Lol, half the teams in the league don’t have 5 legitimate starters on their OL nor anything close to what has been invested here but somehow we’re supposed to be 3 deep across the line with starter quality linemen. Why don’t we let the game play out before we wet out panties Cherie!

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Not sure I'm going to even spend much time, if any, in the game threads this year. Based on the preseason, there's just too much overreaction. I enjoy discussing the team objectively, but there's not a lot of objectivity to it. If that's how they want to fan, I'm not telling them they need to change, but it doesn't mean I have to be dragged down by it.
I say at the beginning of every season that I’m not going to spend as much time in the game chat, but I keep being drawn to it. I just can’t help myself, but I’m working on it. I stay out for the most part during the real bad games, but some of the meltdowns are hilarious.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
gomqDsK.gif

Kwyn

Reaction score
No Tyler Smith

We neglected the offensive line from the draft until today and now it’s biting us in the groin- like a snake .

Ignorance abound - trading for 3rd string QB’s - ignoring a massive hole on the left side.

29-12

A Jets castoff
I can’t believe there are 12 “fans” who like a post like this the day before the season starts.

You root for the tram to fail.

Freaking disgraceful.

Reaction score
No Tyler Smith

29-12

A Jets castoff
Unbelievable.. No Faith Or Optimism in Your Own Team smh ‍♂️ The Adjustments Will Be Made In a crucial way and they will play in a heavy reason why we still will win this game!! You Got To Believe Ppl!! I Have Every Bone In Body Of Believe in if any circumstance cus up and we need to dial up our backup best 5 to still win then its gonna get done.. We Dont Need Fake Its Over Fans We Need Real Passionate Fans Die Hard Fans No matter What You Rock With your Team Fans.. Wow

CCBoy

Reaction score
Know what made Bellichick such a winner over the years? His defenses end up being very good...and that is the quality of this current Dallas defense. Period. It is going to be hard to beat this team all year long...no matter what offense is thrown at them. Even a Jalen Hurts...who is a notch above Mahomes right now.

TheCritic

Reaction score
I can admit that I've had similar thoughts like the OP, looking at everything that can go wrong, especially the lack of proven depth on the OL. But look at it this way. Whatever issues we face on the offense is more than counterbalanced by what our defense is going to do to offenses around the league. The OP should think about this and come off the ledge!

Status
Not open for further replies.