We All Know What's Going To Happen

PDXCowboy

Reaction score
He is my friend. Hood winking you for 24 years. 24 years and you're still drinking the Kool-Aid. Impressive... It's your belief and it is what it is. Only thing is you have no legs to stand on for that belief. Even when we get high picks minus Oline and easy no brainer picks. Jerry will miss. Especially on defense. So stay positive my friend. I'll stick with the road kill on the pavement known as Jerry Jones last 24 years.

Oh, I'm clinically delusional, no argument there. What devoted sports fan isn't? It does "seem" Jerry's real influence has lessened over the years. From what I can gather, others do the lifting and he ultimately decides to push the button or not. And more times than not, it seems he's being told whether to push the button or not. If this is all true, then maybe there's some hope that if the right people are instructing him, then maybe...juuuuust maybe the stars could align, if only for one season. Do we currently have the right presidential cabinet in place? Someone who knows better than using high draft currency on running backs, WLBs, CB's you never interviewed, DE's who don't really love football? I don't know..

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol huh, Mahomes or Belichick are not useless in the football world, but fans on a message board are
Not by the definition that you set.

Football is entertainment.

Message boards are for entertainment and or information.

The thread is neither entertaining or informative.

According to you that does not matter.

If something is intended to be entertaining or informative but is neither then it does not matter per you.

The NFL is intended to be entertaining but by your definition it does not matter if something that has an intended goal actually achieves that goal; therefore per you the NFL and all players and coaches are useless.

To other posters reading this post, yes, I realize it is way over the head of the person that I'm replying to and that there is no possibility that he'll understand anything that I've said.

It will be good comedy to see his simpleton reply.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Not by the definition that you set.

Football is entertainment.

Message boards are for entertainment and or information.

The thread is neither entertaining or informative.

According to you that does not matter.

If something is intended to be entertaining or informative but is neither then it does not matter per you.

The NFL is intended to be entertaining but by your definition it does not matter if something that has an intended goal actually achieves that goal; therefore per you the NFL and all players and coaches are useless.

To other posters reading this post, yes, I realize it is way over the head of the person that I'm replying to and that there is no possibility that he'll understand anything that I've said.

It will be good comedy to see his simpleton reply.
Ok scout, lol, what definition did I set? All I said was our posts on a message board are useless. I never said Football players were useless. Now, go back to being useless

CWR

Reaction score
We were a damn good team in 2016 and a pretty good team in 2018 (after trading for Cooper).

In 2017 and 2019 we were average.

But by all means, let’s keep pretending we’re some sad-sack organization like the Browns who haven’t been to the playoffs in 15+ years.
:laugh:

Our fans are just as entitled as the players lol. Seriously it's been a long time and we've been snake bitten, but this team has been a bad call or the sun in Craytons eyes away from achieving much more. This year we have had some of the absolute worst luck imaginable. Funny how many of us celebrated the off season only to call the FO fools a couple months later.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok scout, lol, what definition did I set? All I said was our posts on a message board are useless. I never said Football players were useless. Now, go back to being useless
Thanks for the comedy; although I do feel bad for laughing at people that are Cerebrally challenged.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
No, you're not. You're upset, which is why you continue to comment.
My comments weren't even addressing you, yet you get bent out of shape.
Yeah, you're upset. Your reaction betrays you. ;)

No, it’s really funny. Especially when you keep telling me how I feel. Kinda fits the smug description I gave earlier but what do I know?

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
i wish that the fire MM

and bring in some new younger blood

Problem with that is the "bringers in" will still be the Jones'. The younger guy would be another Gerry Faust (you can look it up) or such.

I've quit with the "bring in xxxx...". Won't do any good, we've seen that the last 26 years. Even Parcells, past his prime when he got here, was more of the same....

RD21

Reaction score
I've quit with the "bring in xxxx...". Won't do any good, we've seen that the last 26 years. Even Parcells, past his prime when he got here, was more of the same....
I think Parcells deserves some credit. He deserves credit for making us competitive again. Right or wrong, I believe we go further if he sticks around in 2007. He got the ship pointed in the right direction. I thought it was pretty weak for him to bounce after the Seattle incident in 2006. The 2007 team was a good team. They lost their mental toughness when Parcells left. At least in my opinion...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
I think Parcells deserves some credit. He deserves credit for making us competitive again. Right or wrong, I believe we go further if he sticks around in 2007. He got the ship pointed in the right direction. I thought it was pretty weak for him to bounce after the Seattle incident in 2006. The 2007 team was a good team. They lost their mental toughness when Parcells left. At least in my opinion...

Oh no doubt he deserves some credit, but he didn't even win a playoff game, and made some questionable decisions such as bringing in a bunch of over the hill players he'd coached before, most of which did diddly at Dallas.

"Some credit" isn't what I, and I imagine the vast majority of fans, want - it's Super Bowl wins for the most part, or at least some more playoff success...

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
It's swell that Jerry may want to win, however he appears not to know how. It's swell that Jerry wants to win as much as any other owner, but he hasn't produced. Wanting to win and transforming desire into positive action are two different things. There is a point in life when one must accept reality, as a Cowboys fun ours is the GM isn't very good. I've never met the man, but I can look at the Cowboys record over the past 25 years and read a score sheet. There is a point when you are what your record says you are.

Here's for all you whiners that constantly whine about the last 25 years and seem to think you know everything based on the Cowboys record yet don't understand a very simple FACT. Jones spared no expense building the best and deepest team in the NFL and then came along something called the cap. The Cowboys payroll was SO FAR over the cap that good players who were backups but paid like starters were let go along with some of the starters and then having to renegotiate contracts just to keep some of the starters that ended up putting a ton of dead money on the cap. Now every year the Cowboys were forced to have to renegotiate contracts just to be able to hang on the a couple of starters while still having to let other go. Now with no cap space to sign free agents this vicious cycle lasted for 20 years. Jones trying to keep his core players together and hoping draft choices could step in and fill some holes. Some years there was enough cap space to sign a 2nd to 3rd tier free agent but they never had the cap space to go out and get a top free agent. This continued until about 5 years ago when they finally stop renegotiating multiple contracts and just relied on draft picks. They got lucky with getting Prescott and Elliott in the same draft and they put together a 13-3 season.

So the long and the short of it is because of that Super Bowl team form the 90's and the cap starting it had a direct baring on what happened. Now if you want to complain about not doing thatn much for the last 5 years I'll say there are 243 other teams that haven't gone to the Super Bowl in the last 5 years either.

Hadenough

Reaction score
1. We win maybe one more game and end up with a top ten pick.

2. The Joneses will keep McCarthy because of the need to save face. Will never admit that they suck as a front office.

3. We will get a B+ or A- on our draft grade.

4. Skip Bayless will brag all offseason that the Cowboys will finally contend for the SB. Shannon and Stephen A. will laugh.

5. More injuries during OTAs and training camp.

6. Even with Dak back and another draft class, we will hover around .500 for the whole season and miss the playoffs.

7. It will be two seasons removed from Garrett and still have nothing to show for it.

8. Rinse and repeat.
You failed to mention how Tyron Smith will start the season saying he has never felt better and by 3rd game he will start missing time and by the 6th game he will be out with back issues.

dfense

Reaction score
It's becoming more and more obvious Garrett was not the biggest problem with this team. They are worse at everything since he left.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
1. We win maybe one more game and end up with a top ten pick.

2. The Joneses will keep McCarthy because of the need to save face. Will never admit that they suck as a front office.

3. We will get a B+ or A- on our draft grade.

4. Skip Bayless will brag all offseason that the Cowboys will finally contend for the SB. Shannon and Stephen A. will laugh.

5. More injuries during OTAs and training camp.

6. Even with Dak back and another draft class, we will hover around .500 for the whole season and miss the playoffs.

7. It will be two seasons removed from Garrett and still have nothing to show for it.

8. Rinse and repeat.

mr JW--after reading your report....I've been looking for either a cliff or a bridge to jump off of....i will no longer be Gorico....new name will be ..Mr. Splat..