We All Know What's Going To Happen

blueblood70

Reaction score
What clueless fan can ignore a man literally telling them he lied about watching film. Blatant lie. Pfft. Y’all are insane. No wonder this fan base has been jipped into mediocrity for 20+ seasons.

so MM said hey if we lose 9 starters 6 of which are Pro bowlers and 6 other players played 4 qbs ,3rd string OL and have a lot of FA fail, HAVE COVID CANCEL ALL OFF SEASON ACTIVITYS AND PRE-SEASON ,ill WIN AND bring you a SB despite that? LMAO THT WOULD HAVE BEEN A LIE..

AGAIN NO CAOCH COULD EVER OVERCOME THIS..

blueblood70

Reaction score
What clueless fan can ignore a man literally telling them he lied about watching film. Blatant lie. Pfft. Y’all are insane. No wonder this fan base has been jipped into mediocrity for 20+ seasons.
jipped go sway if you dont like being fan why you on a COWBOYS website that all cowboy talk???

sucker!!

Trajan

Reaction score
Here's what's wrong with your little I'm really a fan rant. Why is it that there have been both players and coaches after leaving the Cowboys have said they never met an owner that wants to win as much as Jones does. People here think all Jones wants to do is market the Cowboys yet people that actually work with the man say he wants to win more than any owner they ever played for or coached for. So lets see who am I going to believe players and coaches who actually know and worked for Jones or someone here who has never been withing 100 yards of him and has never even once talked to the man. Gee I think I'll go with those that have the actual 1st hand experience.

It's swell that Jerry may want to win, however he appears not to know how. It's swell that Jerry wants to win as much as any other owner, but he hasn't produced. Wanting to win and transforming desire into positive action are two different things. There is a point in life when one must accept reality, as a Cowboys fun ours is the GM isn't very good. I've never met the man, but I can look at the Cowboys record over the past 25 years and read a score sheet. There is a point when you are what your record says you are.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
can we get me some powerball winning numbers. it's up to over 200 million and since we know everything, we should be able to get me some numbers. thanks we.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Why does Rockport have two accounts? :huh:

im not as upbeat as him...

check my posts however i choose to be less of aggressively negative fan..its my choice and ill be the DCFFL until my heart gives out, most likely watching these games and before we ever win the big one..

Elizabeth, here i come..lol

tyke1doe

Reaction score
The last 24 years have nothing to do with this season in which we have lost our Top 10 QB and our entire OL.

oh and I’ll play what ever game I want. Your smugness is literally off the charts.

Yes, the last 24 years DOES have something to do with the state of the Cowboys today. The past is always a factor in the future.

As for smugness, one person's smugness is another person's confidence.

But, remember, YOU pick this fight not I. You're just mad I don't kowtow to you. Shrug.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
Yes, the last 24 years DOES have something to do with the state of the Cowboys today. The past is always a factor in the future.

As for smugness, one person's smugness is another person's confidence.

But, remember, YOU pick this fight not I. You're just mad I don't kowtow to you. Shrug.
I’m not mad. I’m laughing at you.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I’m not mad. I’m laughing at you.
No, you're not. You're upset, which is why you continue to comment.
My comments weren't even addressing you, yet you get bent out of shape.
Yeah, you're upset. Your reaction betrays you. ;)

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
We all have seen this horror movie over and over again. And we know how it all ends. BAD! I mean as Dallas fans it's NO hope. Jerry is worse then Al Davis. Stephen is NO better so the future indeed looks bleak. Just think. All BoZo Jones had to do is give Payton in New Orleans a chance. But that was to simple of a thing to do for him. We could be New Orleans the last last 10 years and not the CLOWN show of the NFL we are today. So even if Jerry kicks the bucket tonight nothings chances because Jethro will be in charge. As I 've said. The only hope is if Charlotte gains control. I believe of the group. She'd be the only one who'd hire a REAL GM. I hate to be so negative but if I'm wrong someone let me know where? It sucks to think about your team like this but after 24 years? What's gonna change when you have the same BoZo's running things?

PDXCowboy

Reaction score
First Cowboys related post on this forum. Woohoo! Feels like I graduated. At one point or another, I've agreed with just about every reply in this thread, but currently I'm closer to bullish than doom and gloom regarding the team. It helps to concede on the season. Just not in the cards. Not the worst thing, I mean if I've waited this long for another title, I'd rather it be in a packed stadium of Cowboys fans instead of watching cousin Jim jumping up and down in row Q. Honestly, I didn't put much hope into this season anyway. Last year was THE opportunity. Everything was aligned: quality depth, no gaping holes, good health, relatively easy schedule. As arduous and enduring as the Garrett investment was, it did (seemingly on paper) deliver us to a point where it (seemingly on paper) gave us our best shot at a title since (seemingly on paper) the Jimmy years. And we failed in just about every way possible. For me, that was a wrap with this particular core of players and, needless to say, that coaching staff. They'd gone as far as they were capable. Swapping coaches wasn't going to be enough, we need to replace foundation pieces as well, and that wasn't going to happen in one off-season. So, the team's performing about as well as I expected.

I think there are reasons to be encouraged going forward. The 2020 draft class appears to be a HR. In our first draft without the Garrett influence, we have, arguably, a better class than any in his tenure. Maybe it's not that crazy to expect more good drafts going forward? I don't think Stephen is wrong to place so much emphasize on the draft. More than maybe anything, what's hurting us are the drafts from 2017-19. They weren't complete busts, but how many guys are true difference makers that will get 2nd contracts? You sort of need to keep restocking the core every other year at minimum, or you'll go barren fast and I think we're experiencing that now. For the record, I'm not bullish on LVE and I like Gallup, but I'm more a trench guy than skills. Anyway, start drafting better, and we won't be completely unhinged with bad coaching or free agent disappointments. 2020 draft was a step in the right direction. As far as McCarthy, wasn't really a fan of the hire, but he's growing on me. I mean, he's far from perfect, but right now he's measured against Garrett, and in contrast to Garrett, I find he's more open minded. Lack of adjustments whether in play designs, protection and defensive calls, personnel decisions mired the Garrett era and cost us a lot of opportunities. McCarthy, might not be quick on the trigger with adjustments, but he's shown he's willing to make changes. I mean, maybe it's not the greatest endorsement, but it's an improvement over what we had imo.

In the end, a lot of folks believe the real undoing is the Jones family, and until they're gone, there's little hope for the franchise. They're often accused of meddling too much and generally making a mess of things. I actually think it's more the opposite and they're too slow to react at times. Patience may be a virtue, but it can be paralyzing, too. I appreciate Jerry's community approach to decision making, but he probably listens to too many voices and it muddies his decision making. If he could manage to put together a smaller, but great brain trust, he's shown he'll listen and pretty much follow their instruction. So, I think, at this point (not always) Jerry's biggest issue is not finding a great brain trust. Is it McClay, Stephen, and McCarthy? Not sure yet, but it certainly wasn't McClay, Stephen, and Garrett. Not unless the objective is 8-8 and maintaining constant spotlight. Which, some believe is Jerry's number one objective. I'm open to believing it has been at times, but I really do believe he just wants to win more than anything now. Maybe he's hoodwinking me now :facepalm:.

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
First Cowboys related post on this forum. Woohoo! Feels like I graduated. At one point or another, I've agreed with just about every reply in this thread, but currently I'm closer to bullish than doom and gloom regarding the team. It helps to concede on the season. Just not in the cards. Not the worst thing, I mean if I've waited this long for another title, I'd rather it be in a packed stadium of Cowboys fans instead of watching cousin Jim jumping up and down in row Q. Honestly, I didn't put much hope into this season anyway. Last year was THE opportunity. Everything was aligned: quality depth, no gaping holes, good health, relatively easy schedule. As arduous and enduring as the Garrett investment was, it did (seemingly on paper) deliver us to a point where it (seemingly on paper) gave us our best shot at a title since (seemingly on paper) the Jimmy years. And we failed in just about every way possible. For me, that was a wrap with this particular core of players and, needless to say, that coaching staff. They'd gone as far as they were capable. Swapping coaches wasn't going to be enough, we need to replace foundation pieces as well, and that wasn't going to happen in one off-season. So, the team's performing about as well as I expected.

I think there are reasons to be encouraged going forward. The 2020 draft class appears to be a HR. In our first draft without the Garrett influence, we have, arguably, a better class than any in his tenure. Maybe it's not that crazy to expect more good drafts going forward? I don't think Stephen is wrong to place so much emphasize on the draft. More than maybe anything, what's hurting us are the drafts from 2017-19. They weren't complete busts, but how many guys are true difference makers that will get 2nd contracts? You sort of need to keep restocking the core every other year at minimum, or you'll go barren fast and I think we're experiencing that now. For the record, I'm not bullish on LVE and I like Gallup, but I'm more a trench guy than skills. Anyway, start drafting better, and we won't be completely unhinged with bad coaching or free agent disappointments. 2020 draft was a step in the right direction. As far as McCarthy, wasn't really a fan of the hire, but he's growing on me. I mean, he's far from perfect, but right now he's measured against Garrett, and in contrast to Garrett, I find he's more open minded. Lack of adjustments whether in play designs, protection and defensive calls, personnel decisions mired the Garrett era and cost us a lot of opportunities. McCarthy, might not be quick on the trigger with adjustments, but he's shown he's willing to make changes. I mean, maybe it's not the greatest endorsement, but it's an improvement over what we had imo.

In the end, a lot of folks believe the real undoing is the Jones family, and until they're gone, there's little hope for the franchise. They're often accused of meddling too much and generally making a mess of things. I actually think it's more the opposite and they're too slow to react at times. Patience may be a virtue, but it can be paralyzing, too. I appreciate Jerry's community approach to decision making, but he probably listens to too many voices and it muddies his decision making. If he could manage to put together a smaller, but great brain trust, he's shown he'll listen and pretty much follow their instruction. So, I think, at this point (not always) Jerry's biggest issue is not finding a great brain trust. Is it McClay, Stephen, and McCarthy? Not sure yet, but it certainly wasn't McClay, Stephen, and Garrett. Not unless the objective is 8-8 and maintaining constant spotlight. Which, some believe is Jerry's number one objective. I'm open to believing it has been at times, but I really do believe he just wants to win more than anything now. Maybe he's hoodwinking me now :facepalm:.

He is my friend. Hood winking you for 24 years. 24 years and you're still drinking the Kool-Aid. Impressive... It's your belief and it is what it is. Only thing is you have no legs to stand on for that belief. Even when we get high picks minus Oline and easy no brainer picks. Jerry will miss. Especially on defense. So stay positive my friend. I'll stick with the road kill on the pavement known as Jerry Jones last 24 years.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
1. We win maybe one more game and end up with a top ten pick.

2. The Joneses will keep McCarthy because of the need to save face. Will never admit that they suck as a front office.

3. We will get a B+ or A- on our draft grade.

4. Skip Bayless will brag all offseason that the Cowboys will finally contend for the SB. Shannon and Stephen A. will laugh.

5. More injuries during OTAs and training camp.

6. Even with Dak back and another draft class, we will hover around .500 for the whole season and miss the playoffs.

7. It will be two seasons removed from Garrett and still have nothing to show for it.

8. Rinse and repeat.
Sounds like the reruns I’ve been watching for virtually 25 years...

zerofill

Reaction score
4. Skip Bayless will brag all offseason that the Cowboys will finally contend for the SB. Shannon and Stephen A. will laugh.

I can guarantee they won't sucker me into believing again... until it is mid season and they are 8-0 lol

KB1122

Reaction score
You forget that we reach for a guard in the draft while five of the other top teams take quarterbacks.

jwitten82

Reaction score
We know that people like you will continue to create worthless threads.
Lol says the guy that likes to pretend he some sort of scout. Dude, it's a message board, all of our posts are useless, we're not adding anything to this team. Dude, Wheres my car?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lol says the guy that likes to pretend he some sort of scout. Dude, it's a message board, all of our posts are useless, we're not adding anything to this team. Dude, Wheres my car?
Football is not solving world hunger.

Patrick Mahomes is useless by your definition. Same for Belichick.

jwitten82

Reaction score
Football is not solving world hunger.

Patrick Mahomes is useless by your definition. Same for Belichick.
Lol huh, Mahomes or Belichick are not useless in the football world, but fans on a message board are