We All Know What's Going To Happen

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I don't like every player but I still watch and support the Cowboys. There are things I really don't like about Jones but I still watch and support the Cowboys. Win or lose I still watch the Cowboys. See if you are a fan of the Cowboys, it's a team that includes everyone including the owner and you watch. People that state they won't watch because of this person really isn't a Cowboys fan, just a fair weather fan.

i have been die hard fan since 1970 ( 50 years )...that does not mean i wont complain and ***** and throw stuff...we make NFL rich and we get paid nothing..so i get to complain and ***** and throw stuff and its all good

I have sworn off the cowboys many times...but come sunday...i am glued in front of the screen watching Silver and Blue ...cowboys were my heros growing up..Roger the Dodger Mr Clutch...i was 15 and i sincerely thought

it was beause i was watching cowboys on TV against Viikings that Staubach completed "Hail Mary' for the win in 1975 wild card to Drew Pearson...i thought if i had not watched it ...the pass would not have been completed

truth is No one can prove me wrong..Go-Cowboys

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It's becoming more and more obvious Garrett was not the biggest problem with this team. They are worse at everything since he left.

i was thinking exact same thing...who would have ever thought...we might long for a Garrett return???

TheCritic

Reaction score
i was thinking exact same thing...who would have ever thought...we might long for a Garrett return???
Worse than that. It's very possible that the only reason they got rid of Garrett was because the Joneses got a heart on for McCarthy and no one else. I remember how gushing Jerry was over McCarthy winning a SB.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
i have been die hard fan since 1970 ( 50 years )...that does not mean i wont complain and ***** and throw stuff...we make NFL rich and we get paid nothing..so i get to complain and ***** and throw stuff and its all good

I have sworn off the cowboys many times...but come sunday...i am glued in front of the screen watching Silver and Blue ...cowboys were my heros growing up..Roger the Dodger Mr Clutch...i was 15 and i sincerely thought

it was beause i was watching cowboys on TV against Viikings that Staubach completed "Hail Mary' for the win in 1975 wild card to Drew Pearson...i thought if i had not watched it ...the pass would not have been completed

truth is No one can prove me wrong..Go-Cowboys

I've been a Cowboys fans since the very first day they came into the league (60 years) and even after that first season with ZERO wins I've never swore off the Cowboys. In all that time I've only not watched games until the end 4 times and one of those times I had the flu and couldn't stop running to the bathroom to either poop water or puke. Well I take that back there were a few other games but those were when I wasn't living in the Metroplex and the network left the Cowboys games because the local team's game was starting.

For a lot of my younger years I thought that by me wearing a white jersey for most games and a blue jersey when they were in their blue jersey that if I didn't they would lose.

Now there's a difference between a fan doing a comment, repeat A comment letting off some steam and doing whining and complaining 24/7 because at that point it doesn't matter what you once were, you have then stopped being a fan and are just a whiner and complainer just like those who are fans for the opposing teams.

ICP

Reaction score
No way, never!! So maybe McCarthy and company are a bust but 10 long years of Garrett didn't really get us much of anything either. I'd rather suck for a year or two more and hope to land a coach that might end up being 'The Guy' than bring back the clapper and endure 10 more years of mediocrity

Sandyf

Reaction score
1. We win maybe one more game and end up with a top ten pick.

2. The Joneses will keep McCarthy because of the need to save face. Will never admit that they suck as a front office.

3. We will get a B+ or A- on our draft grade.

4. Skip Bayless will brag all offseason that the Cowboys will finally contend for the SB. Shannon and Stephen A. will laugh.

5. More injuries during OTAs and training camp.

6. Even with Dak back and another draft class, we will hover around .500 for the whole season and miss the playoffs.

7. It will be two seasons removed from Garrett and still have nothing to show for it.

8. Rinse and repeat.
Glad you are so positive about everything. Just hope you aren't a therapist. I will always tend to be positive about the team and believe in them, yet I always have win or lose, still my team.

TheCritic

Reaction score
Glad you are so positive about everything. Just hope you aren't a therapist. I will always tend to be positive about the team and believe in them, yet I always have win or lose, still my team.
There's always a time to be positive, but not at the expense of facing the truth.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
1. We win maybe one more game and end up with a top ten pick. Very possible

2. The Joneses will keep McCarthy because of the need to save face. Will never admit that they suck as a front office. They will keep McCarty because it doesn't make sense to fire him after one season under incredibly bizarre circumstances. Beyond next year we will have to wait and see.

3. We will get a B+ or A- on our draft grade. Hopefully at least that

4. Skip Bayless will brag all offseason that the Cowboys will finally contend for the SB. Shannon and Stephen A. will laugh. Why would anyone care what Skippy says?

5. More injuries during OTAs and training camp. There are always injuries - with every team. That's not unique to the Cowboys.

6. Even with Dak back and another draft class, we will hover around .500 for the whole season and miss the playoffs. Why do we know that? They seem to make the playoffs every other year, and with a weak NFC East that seems as likely as anything else.

7. It will be two seasons removed from Garrett and still have nothing to show for it. Maybe, but if a person doesn't believe in athletic competition enough to at least give it a chance to play out there isn't a point to being a fan.

8. Rinse and repeat.
Above ...

Motorola

Reaction score
Worse than that. It's very possible that the only reason they got rid of Garrett was because the Joneses got a heart on for McCarthy and no one else. I remember how gushing Jerry was over McCarthy winning a SB.
The 2018 divisional round team regressed to a non-playoff 8-8 record in 2019.
That is why Jason Garrett is no longer head coach.

TheCritic

Reaction score
That's true, but Garrett wasn't just going to get replaced without a (as the Joneses perceive to be) better coach in mind. And it only took a couple of days for them to zero on McCarthy.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That's true, but Garrett wasn't just going to get replaced without a (as the Joneses perceive to be) better coach in mind. And it only took a couple of days for them to zero on McCarthy.

They went with a coordinator who had zero head coaching experience, gave him 10 years, and got nothing. The next hire was always going to be an experienced NFL coach.

The Lincoln Riley and Urban Meyer fantasies weren't even on Jerry's radar.

Diehardblues

Reaction score

2. The Joneses will keep McCarthy because of the need to save face. Will never admit that they suck as a front office.

4. Skip Bayless will brag all offseason that the Cowboys will finally contend for the SB. Shannon and Stephen A. will laugh.

6. Even with Dak back and another draft class, we will hover around .500 for the whole season and miss the playoffs.

7. It will be two seasons removed from Garrett and still have nothing to show for it.

8. Rinse and repeat.
Pretty much but each season is on its own merit. We certainly back in January couldn’t have predicted the obstacles this year and season would present as the world changed right in front of our eyes.

And as a result of these challenges everyone will get a pass regardless of its deserving or not. There could be some minimal changes on our defensive and special teams staff.

But the return of Dak does bring us back to more competitive football with at least 8-8 ball as you suggested. Fortunately for us we are currently in the worst division where in December there’s not a team with more than 4 wins.

Injuries are a big part of the story this year as well as the off season moves which Free Agency bombed but our draft developed some talent .

Hopefully with a banner draft coming up we can add more talent and with the return of injured stars at least return to our mediocrity. But another failed season will bring more pressure on this coaching staff moving forward.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We all know our FO suks. It’s a matter of overcoming them. We are a talent dependent franchise.

And without all of our talent are reduced to what we have seen despite whatever coaching we have,

We are what we are. Such is life this era with this dysfunctional organization. Tough time being a Cowboy fan.

DuncanIso

Reaction score
We all know our FO suks. It’s a matter of overcoming them. We are a talent dependent franchise.

And without all of our talent are reduced to what we have seen despite whatever coaching we have,

We are what we are. Such is life this era with this dysfunctional organization. Tough time being a Cowboy fan.

I think Will McClay is for real. He’s done an amazing job with the drafts and acquiring players.

The last draft was A+

The last FAs we picked up, mostly on the D side, were for the most part terrible.

Hiring big Mike and his buddies has not helped.

They have to start over on the coaching side.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

that is worse than imaginable---i dont wish ill on Jerry or family
I think Will McClay is for real. He’s done an amazing job with the drafts and acquiring players.

The last draft was A+

The last FAs we picked up, mostly on the D side, were for the most part terrible.

Hiring big Mike and his buddies has not helped.

They have to start over on the coaching side.

cannot disagree on any of the points

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan

got distracted and did not finish earlier post but ended up posting it.....,anyway as i was saying i dont wish ill on Jerry or family but if the only way these things can change is for Jerry to pass one.....well so be it

Mannix

Reaction score
------The Lincoln Riley and Urban Meyer fantasies weren't even on Jerry's radar.

That is why Jerry is an idiot, and we have sucked for 25 years.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There's always a time to be positive, but not at the expense of facing the truth.

that is true...personally i have too much experience operating in denial to not know its better to face the truth sooner

8. Rinse and repeat.

JWeek---Dang..although what you said is probably true...after i read it...i began searching google maps for a bridge to jump off of...hahahahaha