We are a 10 win level team, that some expected to be a 13 win level team

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I think too many people drank too much koolaid on this team before the season and expected to be able to be the best team on the field each and every game. We arent and havent been that good in a while. We are good enough to beat good teams, 1 or 2 plays going our way turns the last 2 losses into wins. But we arent good enough to be expected to be clearly the better team in those games. Simply put this is a 9-10 win, borderline playoff caliber team. I think some people spent too much time reading the BTB stroke peices to see reality
11-12 win team.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We’re not talking about titles and wins. We’re talking talent. If your premise is that the more talented team always wins, it’s dubious from the outset.
The premise is simply talent. Its the overall quality of the team

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I see an 8-8 level team, maybe 9-7. With favorable schedules, injuries, and luck, we can be 11-5, but we can just as easily be 6-10.
More likely 6-10. This team will not scheme or make the adjustments necessary to go 11-5. Many teams have come out and said they studied Dallas/KM's play calling before the game, and they struck out and won. This is on Garrett though for not preparing or scheming for his team.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was told on this very forum that we were turning the corner

Garrett was becoming a great HC
Dak was becoming a great QB

that was all stuff of myth a legend?
Not true?
Now @darthseinfeld tells me ?
Heads have to roll I tell you
The thing is, what improvements did we really make over the last two years where we won 9 and 10 games respectively. We had a hot streak last year, but we got exposed twice late by really good teams. We also beat a really good team in the playoffs. To me thats where we are right now as a team. We can beat a really good team, but we could also be exposed at the same. To me, thats typical of a team you should expect about 10 wins from

ICP

Reaction score
Yeah, I think 10 might be pushing it. Our defense is looking like a serious issue. Also if we can't run the ball we're screwed. Lastly is the coaching stagmffs inability to make in-game adjustments which is honestly something that this team has struggled with for a number of years.

Oh and Jason Garrett sucks and Jerry isn't a real GM.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was told on this very forum that we were turning the corner

Garrett was becoming a great HC
Dak was becoming a great QB

that was all stuff of myth a legend?
Not true?
Now @darthseinfeld tells me ?
Heads have to roll I tell you

When it pertains to "Fairytales" this is the place to be.

P.S. Anyone see Rico TE lately???

visionary

Reaction score
The thing is, what improvements did we really make over the last two years where we won 9 and 10 games respectively. We had a hot streak last year, but we got exposed twice late by really good teams. We also beat a really good team in the playoffs. To me thats where we are right now as a team. We can beat a really good team, but we could also be exposed at the same. To me, thats typical of a team you should expect about 10 wins from

We are at a place where we refuse to learn from our mistakes

we refuse to follow known principles of building defenses

we refuse to accept our shortcomings and try to improve in those areas

none of these are going to change until the ginger clapper is gone

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I had us at 10 wins before the season started. I never could understand how so many thought this was the deepest team since the 90's. I even had us losing at N.O. But losing to GB the way we did is stunning. I expected a competitive game even if we lost.

The folks who compared this team to the 90's are too young to remember the era.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agreed.

Being completely non-competitive at home against a team missing its only outside threat is inexcusable.
The lack of a quality defense gives us a small margin of error VS. quality teams. We make mistakes on offense with our, we will find ourselves in a deep hole. First half was a good example of that. Moved the ball very well, but a dropped pass/INT and a missed FG saw us dig a hole we couldnt dig out of

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We are at a place where we refuse to learn from our mistakes

we refuse to follow known principles of building defenses

we refuse to accept our shortcomings and try to improve in those areas

none of these are going to change until the ginger clapper is gone

Just like Linehan was fired and replaced and Moore is now the new scapegoat for our offenses woes.
So Garrett gets fires and another YES Man is hired, just another face to blame really as the real culprits can never be replaced or Fired....La Jones Familia losers 24 years and counting....and counting....and counting....

P.S. I swear there grooming Jerrys grandson to be the QB of the team....funny but I wouldn't put it past them.

kskboys

Reaction score
Seachickens were 10-6 and were 18th on O and 16th on D. Calling them really good is a stretch.

Edit: Looked at them some more, and they had a plus 15 TO ratio, losing just 4 of their 18 fumbles while recovering 14 of their opponents' 26.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
This is an 8-10 win team on talent alone with average coaching. It takes good to great coaching to push that win column to 12-13. We don’t have the latter......

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think too many people drank too much koolaid on this team before the season and expected to be able to be the best team on the field each and every game. We arent and havent been that good in a while. We are good enough to beat good teams, 1 or 2 plays going our way turns the last 2 losses into wins. But we arent good enough to be expected to be clearly the better team in those games. Simply put this is a 9-10 win, borderline playoff caliber team. I think some people spent too much time reading the BTB stroke peices to see reality

The ONLY thing that matters at this point is...……………...are we a true contender.

Unless something drastically changes, I think that question has already been answered that we are not.

The GOLDEN season is already tainted. Injuries are piling up. Defense didn't improve ONE player from last year and thus has ALREADY been exposed. Actually got exposed in the playoffs last year.

Get rid of the horrid Garrett, and fix the DT and safety positions and then we can talk about it.

pancakeman

Reaction score
How we lost to GB is unacceptable. If we want to really be contenders losing 2 in a row is also not acceptable.

Last year the contenders (last 8 teams standing in the playoffs) were the Pats, Chiefs, Rams, Saints, Cowboys, Eagles, Colts, and Chargers.
Want to guess how many of those eight teams did not lose 2 in a row during the season? Only two (Saints and Chargers). In fact, Pats and Eagles lost 2 in a row twice; and Colts lost four in a row.
It's a long season.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Last year the contenders (last 8 teams standing in the playoffs) were the Pats, Chiefs, Rams, Saints, Cowboys, Eagles, Colts, and Chargers.
Want to guess how many of those eight teams did not lose 2 in a row during the season? Only two (Saints and Chargers). In fact, Pats and Eagles lost 2 in a row twice; and Colts lost four in a row.
It's a long season.

That's true, but we aren't them. The longer the losing streak the less likely we make the playoffs untill were out completely. Last year we started off bad and needed cooper to get the offense going. This year we need help on defense and its not likely we add a player. God thing we playplsy the jets.

Wizarus

Reaction score
I knew our offense was going to be better. I expected the same defense. We got a better offense and a worse defense.

I dont see this how this offense is that much better than last year's offense. Scoring 10 points against the Saints average defense? Not doing much of anything against the Packers until garbage time? Cobb has been pretty meh as a Beasley replacement, Zeke hasnt been lights out after his big money contract, even Cooper looks like he's regressed somewhat compared to last year. Gallup looked good against bad teams before he got injured, but he's a question mark too.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Have people looked at the second half of our schedule? 7 straight playoff teams.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I predicted at the beginning of the season that we'd be, at best, a 9 or 10 win team this year.

The way things are proceeding at this point in time, it seems that should end up about right.

The start of the season was misleading but the last half of this schedule will be very difficult.