We are in trouble at WR folks

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
We put to many Eggs in the Terry Glenn basket this offseason, and it has backfired.i for one wanted draft a reciever in the first two rounds of the draft. and i wanted to bring in a vet reciever. now we are here counting on people like Crayton,Austin and Hurd again. what teams are going to do is do what they did to us the last 4 games of last season and the playoffs.they are going to take away Terrell Owens, and tell players like Crayton,Austin and hurd to beat them if they can.we are in trouble at WR folks. i for one thought Glenn was a washed up player. so im not mad about the Cowboys cutting him. butother than owens.how good are these guys? and can you win a championship with these set of recievers?

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I felt like we should have gone after some WR in free agency as well. I like Bryant Johnson and was sad that we passed on him. The door is still open though. But someone like Boldin is gonna cost us dearly.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Did you see how 'Poorly" we did this year without TG?:confused::confused::confused:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
I admire your negative attitude and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

Boysboy

Reaction score
cowboyrock;2159116 said:
We put to many Eggs in the Terry Glenn basket this offseason, and it has backfired.i for one wanted draft a reciever in the first two rounds of the draft. and i wanted to bring in a vet reciever. now we are here counting on people like Crayton,Austin and Hurd again. what teams are going to do is do what they did to us the last 4 games of last season and the playoffs.they are going to take away Terrell Owens, and tell players like Crayton,Austin and hurd to beat them if they can.we are in trouble at WR folks. i for one thought Glenn was a washed up player. so im not mad about the Cowboys cutting him. butother than owens.how good are these guys? and can you win a championship with these set of recievers?

And if we didn't draft Mike Jenkins, we would have been thin at corner.(which was our glaring weakness last year)

If we didn't draft Felix Jones, our depth at RB would be THIN.

If we didn't draft Martellus Bennett, then we would be getting a TE off the street.

If we didn't draft Erik Walden, our ST would be suffering.

Dude-WHAT receiver was out there anyways? DeSean Jackson? Malcolm Kelly? Limas "I don't play like 6'5" Sweed? Bernard "I ain't worth $42m" Berrian? Or did you want to trade the house for Chad Johnson?

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyrock;2159116 said:
butother than owens.how good are these guys? and can you win a championship with these set of recievers?

We were good enough to last season, but didn't for a lot of reasons. I would feel better if we acquire a talented veteran WR, no doubt. But with TO as #1, Witten as #2 (basically) and Crayton as #3, we will contend and most likely go very far.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
cowboyrock;2159116 said:

hmmmm

redskins1;2147091 said:
here is why..1)your oline cant run block at all,you got HH back to coach the line..but he has to show he can get these guys to play better in the run,so there is a ? mark there.2)you offense is to predicated on romo zigging and zagging and avoiding the pass rush to give your WR time to get open,point being romo makes your online look much better than it really is in pass protection!!3)now the defense,the only guy on this unit i would take is ware,he is legit..your tackles dont collaspe the pocket enough and your secondary with roy still in there can be exposed..you have upgraded your db's but it has to be proven that it will work,still yet another ? mark..4)last but not least,no matter how you play in regular season that pressure of winning a playoff game grows more and more each time you win a game during the season!! thats my take on why this team is way overrated!! any comments? BRING IT!!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
cowboyrock;2159116 said:

wow did I miss something today and Owens/Crayton both got hurt and are out for the season?

all we did with those same guys last yr was have a record setting QB

:rolleyes:

David

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
ABQcowboyJR;2159129 said:
I felt like we should have gone after some WR in free agency as well. I like Bryant Johnson and was sad that we passed on him. The door is still open though. But someone like Boldin is gonna cost us dearly.
I liked Byrant Johnson too. and i agree jerry should have gone after him too. but it's to late now.we all better hope that some guys step up.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Due to our lack of talent at WR I vote that the offense take the field with only 10 players...

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2159162 said:
I don't see us winning a single game this season...

I agree MW...after reading all the ledge jumpers and their belly aching I guess we should just mail it in and not play until after next off season...this team as is has no chance...LAST PLACE HERE WE COME!!!!

David

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
cowboyrock;2159116 said:
We put to many Eggs in the Terry Glenn basket this offseason, and it has backfired.i for one wanted draft a reciever in the first two rounds of the draft. and i wanted to bring in a vet reciever. now we are here counting on people like Crayton,Austin and Hurd again. what teams are going to do is do what they did to us the last 4 games of last season and the playoffs.they are going to take away Terrell Owens, and tell players like Crayton,Austin and hurd to beat them if they can.we are in trouble at WR folks. i for one thought Glenn was a washed up player. so im not mad about the Cowboys cutting him. butother than owens.how good are these guys? and can you win a championship with these set of recievers?[/quote]

Good lord, the pre-season hasn't even started yet and we got people like this already panicking. We call those people ledgies. This is worse than the cubs board as far as people panicking. Can you at least wait for the season to play out a little bit first.

In answer to the question in bold. Have you been paying attention. A bunch of won without true number 1 receiver. The Patriots, the Steelers, the Ravens, the Bucs, do I need to keep going.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2159172 said:
Due to our lack of talent at WR I vote that the offense take the field with only 10 players...

maybe we can line up in the wisbone, you know Switzer has been known to make appearances here and there at VR

David