We are in trouble at WR folks

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
cowboyrock;2159198 said:
Just like last year when i warned about the secondary.

How do you define last year, your account has been active like 8 months. Warning us the last month of the season doesn't count. Unless you mean you warned us from your Commander username.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
bootsy;2159210 said:
Dude everybody knew the secondary wasn't strong last year so I don't know the people you are talking about that you warned.

We have proven that we can win and score a lot without Glenn. Like I said and will continue to say you don't need stars at WR to win. You need guys to catch the football, make plays and move the chains.
Ok guys we will all see. but i dont want to hear people crying about having no recievers if none of these back-ups step up. it is what it is.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyrock;2159116 said:
We put to many Eggs in the Terry Glenn basket this offseason, and it has backfired.i for one wanted draft a reciever in the first two rounds of the draft. and i wanted to bring in a vet reciever. now we are here counting on people like Crayton,Austin and Hurd again. what teams are going to do is do what they did to us the last 4 games of last season and the playoffs.they are going to take away Terrell Owens, and tell players like Crayton,Austin and hurd to beat them if they can.we are in trouble at WR folks. i for one thought Glenn was a washed up player. so im not mad about the Cowboys cutting him. butother than owens.how good are these guys? and can you win a championship with these set of recievers?
:damn:

Boysboy

Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2159218 said:
I think David Patten would have been a good signing for you guys (although I'm not sure if he re-signed before free agency began). For some reason Saunders/Gibbs never utilized him, but then he went to NO and played very well. He wouldn't have cost much either.

I think you guys will be fine with the WRs you have - you just have to hope that TO doesn't go down.

Patten resigned with the Saints, I think.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Skinsmaniac;2159218 said:
I think David Patten would have been a good signing for you guys (although I'm not sure if he re-signed before free agency began). For some reason Saunders/Gibbs never utilized him, but then he went to NO and played very well. He wouldn't have cost much either.

I think you guys will be fine with the WRs you have - you just have to hope that TO doesn't go down.

I couldn't agree more. We had the 2nd ranked O in the league with the exact same recievers and broke numerous team recods.. We will be just fine..

neosapien23

Reaction score
Man I hate to agree with Mickey, but what receiver in the draft was going to take the number 2 job from Crayton. For that matter what reciever was going to take the job away from Austin or Hurd. I think the coaching staff know what they were doing. I think the only reason Jerry played hardball with Glenn is because just maybe some of the coaches felt that he could have played much earlier instead of waiting to the last minute. Glenn held this team hostage until the very end and then was so rusty he was basically useless come playoff time. Maybe Austin can continue to develop and Crayton can move back to the slot position. This won't happen right away, but with Glenn gone, he will certainly see more action than he would with Glenn still hanging around. Also Glenn's spot might be better spent on special teams ace especially with last years unit leaving alot to be desired.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyrock;2159198 said:
Just like last year when i warned about the secondary. a lot f you people made a joke out f that too.and how come all of a sudden you people are in love with Crayton? all i have seen on this board all summer is how he sucks and how he lost that Giants game. and how he is not a number 2 WR.and what if owens or Crayton get hurt? you are left with the Austin's and Hurd's of the world.NOT GOOD!
Hari-kiri is an option.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyrock;2159222 said:
Ok guys we will all see. but i dont want to hear people crying about having no recievers if none of these back-ups step up. it is what it is.
Do you hear posters' messages on this board? spooky.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
dallasfaniac;2159220 said:
How do you define last year, your account has been active like 8 months. Warning us the last month of the season doesn't count. Unless you mean you warned us from your Commander username.

Glad someone else noticed the similarities.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
zrinkill;2159242 said:
Glad someone else noticed the similarities.
you will be the first one crying about how our recievers suck, when things dont go well.im just going to sit back and watch the meltdown happen. and dont say i did not tell you so.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I wish we had all stars at every position, but it is not necessary to have Glenn...much less a "could break down at any minute" Glenn.

Think back to the receivers Dallas won Super Bowls with. I like him, but Harper was a one trick pony.

Kevin Williams was Dallas #2 WR during the 95 Super Bowl season.

Bach

Benched
Reaction score
dbair1967;2159192 said:
I think about 25 teams or so would like to mask their problems at those positions with TO and Witten

David

I'm sure they would, but that still doesn't answer the problem at the #2 WR position.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyrock;2159256 said:
you will be the first one crying about how our recievers suck, when things dont go well.im just going to sit back and watch the meltdown happen. and dont say i did not tell you so.
While you're channeling Miss Cleo, you wouldn't mind telling the rest of us how the team will do this season with such a crappy wide receiver situation..?

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
We're good overall, but Jerry is not happy with the status quo. Is that a fair appraisal?

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
cowboyrock;2159256 said:

No I will not ...... you can ask your fellow doom and gloomers about that.

I am an adult .... and understand that injuries happen in this sport.

If T.O. and Witten stay healthy ..... we will be fine.

If not we will be in trouble ...... but that is the case with every other team in the league as well.

So get back on redskins1 account and tell us how we suck.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Tonight every player on the Eagles, Giants and Commanders have taken out their 2008 schedules, circled their games with the Cowboys and have put big "W's" next to the circles.

cowboyrock

Benched
Reaction score
DallasEast;2159269 said:
While you're channeling Miss Cleo, you wouldn't mind telling the rest of us how the team will do this season with such a crappy wide receiver situation..?
I think this team will be one of the best in the NFL. and win a lot of games just like last year.but in the end, just like the secondary last year.the WR problem may cost us a chace to win a championship.i hope im wrong and Crayton,Ausin and Hurd have super years. but i just dont see it happening.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Bach;2159267 said:
I'm sure they would, but that still doesn't answer the problem at the #2 WR position.

and again, that "problem" caught 50 balls for almost 700 yds and 7 tds...

that isnt much of a "problem"

and it was so much of a problem, our QB set all sorts of franchise records and we won 13 games, and scored a ton of pts along the way

David

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2159282 said:
Tonight every player on the Eagles, Giants and Commanders have taken out their 2008 schedules, circled their games with the Cowboys and have put big "W's" next to the circles.

MW, I have sources that say even the lowly Niners and Rams have done the same thing...they cited an incredibly weak WR corp as the reason why

0-16!!!! BOOK IT!!!!

David

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
cowboyrock;2159289 said:
I think this team will be one of the best in the NFL. and win a lot of games just like last year.but in the end, just like the secondary last year.the WR problem may cost us a chace to win a championship.i hope im wrong and Crayton,Ausin and Hurd have super years. but i just dont see it happening.
If we don't win the super bowl this season, it won't be because of the WR's.