We are no where's close to making it to the Super Bowl

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fall for it? They screwed it up. Heck, the ref avoided a direct question about it after the game so that said it all. So funny that the "victims of the refs" crowd doesn't want to admit that ref mistakes also benefit us because it weakens their victimhood "refs are biased" stance. Refs suck for all teams, even our opponents like in the Detroit game.
If you cant see Detroit intentionally tried to confuse that play....coach even admitted it.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
The teams that won, or even competitive and lost this past weekend were physical on the OL running the ball. I cant remember the last time Dallas had a consistent rushing attack against a good team.

The way Houston looked is what I imagine Dallas would have looked like. No running game whatsoever and blown out.

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Philadelphia: 11-6
Seattle: 9-8
Rams: 10-7
And you may not count it, but we DID beat Detroit.
Seattle was already on the decline when we beat them. And our d didn't force a single punt.

The rams weren't the same team when we played them. They were terrible at that point in the season.

But I'm sure you can point at cases like this when looking at most teams wins over winning teams.

The Detroit win was impressive, despite the controversy. If they don't wrongly call us for tripping, that last play never happens.

That being said, this cowboys team just plays scared in the playoffs. I don't know how u change it without changing the QB and coach.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Seattle was already on the decline when we beat them. And our d didn't force a single punt.

The rams weren't the same team when we played them. They were terrible at that point in the season.

But I'm sure you can point at cases like this when looking at most teams wins over winning teams.

The Detroit win was impressive, despite the controversy. If they don't wrongly call us for tripping, that last play never happens.

That being said, this cowboys team just plays scared in the playoffs. I don't know how u change it without changing the QB and coach.
Since Jerry won't let either one of those two positions be changed I'm going to suggest plan C get a power running game like we had in 2016 along with linebackers playing the linebacker position instead of safeties and a couple monstrous defensive tackles.

Manster_Mash

Reaction score
I watched 4 games this weekend. 8 teams. Those teams look nothing like our team. The way each played looked nothing like the way ours played. Our team was a pretender in every sense of the word.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
we're getting close give the guys 5 more years, maybe 6. You wasted your life with Garrett, so what's another decade?

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
It sounds nebulous, but the Cowboys lack discipline and toughness. A bunch of frontrunners. When things go wrong, you see slumped shoulders and blank stares. They're still good enough to win 10 or so games in the regular season. So on the surface, they appear to be a "good" team. But in the playoffs or as desperate teams are trying to reach the playoffs late in the season, you really see the difference b/t Dallas and those other teams.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Philadelphia: 11-6
Seattle: 9-8
Rams: 10-7
And you may not count it, but we DID beat Detroit.
Never mind real things, right. Want to be the Eagles with their 3rd straight Defensive Coordinator change? This wasting their turn around three seasons ago, now?

CCBoy

Reaction score
I watched 4 games this weekend. 8 teams. Those teams look nothing like our team. The way each played looked nothing like the way ours played. Our team was a pretender in every sense of the word.
Not having run game dominance on both sides of the ball turns games around as well as appearances.

Might be smart to follow up on that specific item, think?

The view on site is burn down the stadium and that win streak. Have the NFL sell the Cowboy, despite the Uniform Commercial Codes and contract enforcements. Then appoint Nick Saban head coach...then just drop Prescott...now that's the ticket.

Oh yea, free beer.... :popcorn:

Last edited:

MarcusRock

Reaction score
If you cant see Detroit intentionally tried to confuse that play....coach even admitted it.
Duh. That was the plan of it all. The ref got confused too, didn't follow their own rule in the video they released later, and then avoided a direct question after the game which all but confirms that. That ref crew also got demoted and didn't work the playoffs. Not too hard to see they screwed up. We benefitted. Don't see why that's so hard to admit, unless you want to hold the "refs are biased against us" card to use when convenient. But now you can't because we won twice with the "rare and unusual occurrences" haze the conspiracy crew likes to say only happens against us. These prove it doesn't. That was my point.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duh. That was the plan of it all. The ref got confused too, didn't follow their own rule in the video they released later, and then avoided a direct question after the game which all but confirms that. That ref crew also got demoted and didn't work the playoffs. Not too hard to see they screwed up. We benefitted. Don't see why that's so hard to admit, unless you want to hold the "refs are biased against us" card to use when convenient. But now you can't because we won twice with the "rare and unusual occurrences" haze the conspiracy crew likes to say only happens against us. These prove it doesn't. That was my point.
Why couldn't Detroit just do it "on the level". INTENTIONALLY trying to confuse EVERYONE?

Detroit got what they deserved. Mistake or not.

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
The only thing I care about is winning the Super Bowl. Not doing that isn't just mediocre, it's a failure.
I agree, but I believe we started this exchange because you stated that Dak and Mike could win "playoff games".
They may have in the past, but they sure didn't this year, not by a long shot. So their most recent record says they can't, until proven otherwise.
The rest is speculation.

But still, just winning a playoff game is failure if you don't progress to winning the big one.
Getting completely smashed in the playoffs indicates that you are not close. Adding few missing pieces and making a few tweaks will not dig us out of a deep hole.
And our hole is multifaceted, on both sides of the ball.
Every other team is adding a few pieces and making tweaks too.

MarcusRock

Reaction score
Why couldn't Detroit just do it "on the level". INTENTIONALLY trying to confuse EVERYONE?

Detroit got what they deserved. Mistake or not.
Oh Detroit messed up their execution for sure so they have a portion of blame but they were screwed by the refs not following their own rules and then avoiding a question about it after the game. We benefitted, did we not?

SquidwardTentacles

Reaction score
Since Jerry won't let either one of those two positions be changed I'm going to suggest plan C get a power running game like we had in 2016 along with linebackers playing the linebacker position instead of safeties and a couple monstrous defensive tackles.
even if we did get a power running game, which would require significant O line improvement, running back improvement and passing game improvement to keep an opponent honest, we will still be engaged in shootouts in order to win if we don't fix several problems on D as well. This certainly lowers the probability of wins against playoff teams.

This requires much more than just a few additions and tweaks, on both sides of the ball.
We need substantial, multi-level change on O and D. We didn't just lose to a playoff caliber team, we got killed.
They are not "close", by any measure.

Kill it now. A slow hemorrhage will just prolong the agony, and still result in death.
It's been agonizing for a while now.

Surfguy

Reaction score
You knew as soon as Detroit got screwed on that call...Detroit was in for the storybook ending and the Cowboys were s-c-r-e-w-e-d again. Fairy tales in sports do exist. And, so do nightmares.
giphy.gif

75boyz

Reaction score
Just my opinion,
But if ya started a thread "Besides replacing the GM, HC and QB, here are the list of team needs"...

And then follow it up with listing the many additional roster holes that need filling as secondary to what are the first primary pieces to a championship...

Then that would accurately sum up overall organizational needs.

jmo

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh Detroit messed up their execution for sure so they have a portion of blame but they were screwed by the refs not following their own rules and then avoiding a question about it after the game. We benefitted, did we not?
Okay sure.

Just because the refs didnt talk mdans nothing. Thete could be a policy or any number of reasons besides guilt. And i havent seen a good video recording with audio detail.

I did see three different players approach the refs from three directions. I did not see detroit stop play to correct it when eligible player was annnounced

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Mahomes plays on a team that didn’t allow 30 points in any game. It’s a team sport. Must be nice to know you don’t have to complete 40 of 45 for 450 yards and no INT to win because you can count on your team to get defensive stops and can even run the ball to boot
He gives his defense some points so they dont have their teeth on the curb every series.