We are now in Last place in NFC east

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
newlander;2392634 said:
theebs is right. Roy Williams trade looks worse by the minute. The lions are going to have a top 5 pick of their own and a top 15 pick of ours.

We trade for a #1 and the other team gets better. We trade ours we get worse. :bang2:

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Mansta54;2392652 said:
So what!!! We have 7 games left. Where we are now does not matter, where we are in at the end of Dec. does.... Welcome back ROMO!!!!!

Hey I am not giving up, I am simply saying when romo gets sharp again he will put a ton of points on the board and the defense led by ken hamlin will stand around and point at each other when someone catches a ball 2 feet in front of their face.

This defense is not capable of doing what we need it to do. And if romo is not sharp we will get blown out in washington too.

This was as pitiful an effort as the campo led cowboys in ny in december of 02.

jimmy40

Reaction score
newlander;2392634 said:
theebs is right. Roy Williams trade looks worse by the minute. The lions are going to have a top 5 pick of their own and a top 15 pick of ours.
yeah what a horrible idea, trading for Williams to play with Brad Johnson and Brooks Bollinger.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They are not competitive on the field of play. That is the most disappointing thing for me.

Mansta54

Reaction score
TheCount;2392668 said:
We can only afford to lose about two of those games, and a few of those 5 wins have to be division wins.

I believe we can win out or come damn close to it with Romo, FJ, and Kozier back in the lineup. They are HUGE to this team..

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
It will be an uphill battle to even make the playoffs at this point.

You just have to hope that the Division rivals make some slip ups and that Tony Romo's return helps energize the team.

But unfortunately, Tony Romo can't fix the problems on Defense and the Offensive Line.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jammer;2392670 said:
I still have faith. I really do. I think once our best players come back this team will turn the corner.
Yeah, but why?

If you have a championship mentality, you make every game competitive and it doesn't matter if you're playing your third string quarterback.

If we get everyone healthy, they will HAVE TO stay healthy. Otherwise, what happened today will probably happen again.

30yrheel

Reaction score
Mansta54;2392705 said:
I believe we can win out or come damn close to it with Romo, FJ, and Kozier back in the lineup. They are HUGE to this team..

what team have you been watching? please, be realistic.

Mansta54

Reaction score
newlander;2392634 said:

How stupid is this post without seeing him play with Romo.. Unbelievable!!! Yeah, judge him with BJ and BB..:bang2:

Dodger12

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2392654 said:
we're undisciplined

crap we're failing at is crap you teach in mini-camps: tackling, fundamentals

it's obvious Wade let the inmates run the asylum, while he coddled them, when he should have been reinforcing the fundametals of football, what a sorry excuse for a coach, and a prime example of someone just being happy to be somewhere

Bob, you negative defeatist.......I just can't see what your problem is. At least we're not walking on egg shells.....doesn't that account for something?

Mansta54

Reaction score
30yrheel;2392718 said:
what team have you been watching? please, be realistic.

I'm very realistic!!! How can you honestly judge them with Romo, FJ, and Kozier out. There's a reason they're so important to our team....

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Mansta54;2392731 said:
How stupid is this post without seeing him play with Romo.. Unbelievable!!! Yeah, judge him with BJ and BB..:bang2:

I have to agree with this, however the Roy Williams trade was unnecessary.

He doesn't fix the very real problems this team has.

Bizwah

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2392706 said:
It will be an uphill battle to even make the playoffs at this point.

You just have to hope that the Division rivals make some slip ups and that Tony Romo's return helps energize the team.

But unfortunately, Tony Romo can't fix the problems on Defense and the Offensive Line.

Well....we've certainly made some slip ups.

So, I don't think it's impossible for other teams to do it either.

BadKarma

Reaction score
We are what we are, unfortunately. It starts with GM, then down to the HC, and trickles to the other coaches, and onto our players.

But this team has other problems that I think they won't be able to address until after the season. Specifically, the OL lack of protection. I also think Romo wasn't on his game as much...he seems to have lost the edge with his uncanny feel in the pocket.

The other problems are the Special Teams, and defense...specifically our inability to pressure the QB when we needed it, poor tackling, and lack of creating turnovers.

We're going to be struggling to get into the playoffs. And quite honestly, I just don't see how we're going to get in with the upcoming schedule and how we've been playing thus far.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Mansta54;2392741 said:
I'm very realistic!!! How can you honestly judge them with Romo, FJ, and Kozier out. There's a reason they're so important to our team....

The Cowboys have been very fortunate the last few years injury-wise. We have also played teams in that span that have really done pretty well despite devistating injuries.

Also, the Cowboys are still stacked even with injuries.

LegionOfDoom

Reaction score
Bizwah said:
This is a team with talent at every position...yet, we're a .500 team.

But with injuries and the lack of adequate depth most teams will fail.

Management/Ownership takes the hit.

Mansta54

Reaction score
Maikeru-sama;2392744 said:
I have to agree with this, however the Roy Williams trade was unnecessary.

He doesn't fix the very real problems this team has.

He fixes alot of problems tho. With Romo we can score at anytime from anywhere, with Romo teams can't load up the box, with Romo teams are usually playing from behind and can't run at will, with Romo the team feeds off the big plays and energy.. Romo makes a HUGE difference on both sides of the ball.....

30yrheel

Reaction score
Mansta54;2392741 said:

as troy pointed out, this team struggled with romo in the line up. it is the worst coached team in the league, i believe.

bootsy

Benched
Reaction score
Jammer;2392670 said:
I still have faith. I really do. I think once our best players come back this team will turn the corner.
I do too. I can't believe the people on here whining/crying/giving up. There is still too much football to be played. I guess people would like to be where the Chargers/Jaguars/Colts are right now. All under .500 and on life support. Things can change by the time the Cowboys play the Commanders in two weeks. After the Commanders game we have two very winnable games against SF and Seattle and then Pittsburgh. Like I have said and will continue to say, there have been teams in worse position than we are right now that have made the playoffs. Are we gonna need help? Absolutely. Is there season over? Absolutely not.