We are now in Last place in NFC east

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
AdamJT13;2394004 said:
If Romo didn't get hurt, Washington probably would be at least 6-2. The Commanders lost one game 17-7 and the other 19-17, so a few more touchdowns could have won those games. Not to mention that Romo was 23-8 in his career as a starter (and 17-4 in the past two seasons) before he got hurt.

And if they changed places and Campbell got hurt when Romo did, we certainly wouldn't be any better than 5-4 right now, and probably not even that (we likely would have lost to the Eagles).

Washington is 6-2. :confused:

firehawk350

Reaction score
BraveHeartFan;2394023 said:
No defense can win, or keep you in the game, when your backup QBs are giving the other team the ball on your end of the field all game long. This defense played on our end of the field, and many times inside our own 30 yard line, all game long. It's pretty tough to keep teams from out scoring you when they get that kind of field position all day.
You are again assuming Romo didn't turn the ball over a lot too. He did.

Bizwah

Reaction score
firehawk350;2394029 said:
A few more turnovers would have made those losses more lopsided. Do you really think that Romo's first game in a completely new offensive system would have seen a crapload of TDs anyways???

But, you would be scoring a lot more points.

firehawk350

Reaction score
SkinsandTerps;2394040 said:
Washington is 6-2. :confused:
So basically, other than QB, the Commanders are a much more talented team? Well, okay, but only if you guys say so...

SacredStar

Reaction score
Bizwah;2394033 said:
Again....I know what you're doing....you're here to kick us while we're down.

He is showing how classless the Commander fanbase is after a game that has nothing to do with his team.

Troll.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
firehawk350;2394056 said:
So basically, other than QB, the Commanders are a much more talented team? Well, okay, but only if you guys say so...

so ROmo is not better than Campbell?

by a large margin?

Bizwah

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2394070 said:
so ROmo is not better than Campbell?

by a large margin?

Right now, I don't think he is.

Romo has a broken pinkie. I honestly don't see him playing well for the rest of the year.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bizwah;2394077 said:

Romo has a broken pinkie. I honestly don't see him playing well for the rest of the year.
Romo's injury is a real concern for me. Not so much that he'll have to adjust his grip, etc., to throw the ball well, but with his offensive line playing so inconsistently, the risk of re-injuring his hand is greater than if his line were playing well as a group. There's still a lot of football to be played this season and too many opportunities for Romo to be looking at his offense from the sidelines.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
firehawk350;2393972 said:
That's, again, assuming Romo does not do that at all (a heady assumption given his turnover problems as of late). Romo turns over the ball, but he gives you a much better offense. That's why I don't see Romo coming back as being the band-aid for the defense.

In SIX games, Romo had eight turnovers, and three of those gave the opponent the ball inside our 35 or gave them a TD.

In TWO losses without Romo, we had eight turnovers and gave the opponent the ball inside our 35 five times.

Mansta54

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2394098 said:
In SIX games, Romo had eight turnovers, and three of those gave the opponent the ball inside our 35 or gave them a TD.

In TWO losses without Romo, we had eight turnovers and gave the opponent the ball inside our 35 five times.

Dude you're making waaaay too much sense but that idiot doesn't care about facts. He's just here to gloat over our loss. He could care less about the truth..

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Bizwah;2394077 said:

of course you don't think Romo is better than Campbell

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
firehawk350;2394029 said:
A few more turnovers would have made those losses more lopsided.

Romo basically turns the ball over once per game. But he almost always overcomes that with the yards and points he produces.

Do you really think that Romo's first game in a completely new offensive system would have seen a ****load of TDs anyways???

I was treating them as if they each played at their typical levels. I would expect Campbell to struggle in a new system just as much as Romo would. Besides, the only time Romo changed systems, he threw for 345 yards and four touchdowns and put up 45 points in his first game.

firehawk350

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2394098 said:

8 turnovers in 6 games, how many points come off that? It doesn't matter where the drive starts if it ends the same...

firehawk350

Reaction score
Mansta54;2394111 said:
Dude you're making waaaay too much sense but that idiot doesn't care about facts. He's just here to gloat over our loss. He could care less about the truth..
Hey, let's leave the argument to people with credibility...

Remember saying that there was no way that the Skins would win more than 4 games this season? I sure do.

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
firehawk350;2394152 said:
8 turnovers in 6 games, how many points come off that? It doesn't matter where the drive starts if it ends the same...

So, you're saying that it doesn't matter whether you give the opponent the ball at your 1 or their own 1?

You can't be serious.

firehawk350

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2394142 said:
Romo basically turns the ball over once per game. But he almost always overcomes that with the yards and points he produces.

I was treating them as if they each played at their typical levels. I would expect Campbell to struggle in a new system just as much as Romo would. Besides, the only time Romo changed systems, he threw for 345 yards and four touchdowns and put up 45 points in his first game.
that's a clear and obvious distortion of the facts, if not a blatant lie. Jason Garrett's system wasn't much of a change from the Sparano system and you know it.

Mansta54

Reaction score
firehawk350;2394170 said:
Hey, let's leave the argument to people with credibility...

Remember saying that there was no way that the Skins would win more than 4 games this season? I sure do.

Sure I remember but so what, oh I guess you're never wrong... Take a hike TROLL!!!!

Mansta54

Reaction score
firehawk350;2394186 said:
that's a clear and obvious distortion of the facts, if not a blatant lie. Jason Garrett's system wasn't much of a change from the Sparano system and you know it.

This post explains exactly what you know about our offense.. Not a damn thing!!!

Bizwah

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2394129 said:
of course you don't think Romo is better than Campbell

No....all things being equal, Romo is superior.

But right now, Romo is hurt. There's no denying that fact.

And, I also realize that when he does return, he'll return at a level less than 100%. This injury will hinder him the rest of the season.

So, an injured Romo isn't quite as good as a healthy Campbell.

firehawk350

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2394179 said:
So, you're saying that it doesn't matter whether you give the opponent the ball at your 1 or their own 1?

You can't be serious.
Okay, you're again distorting the point. Im making the claim that Romo won't fix the defense. You are arguing that he will (to a degree that these games would be pretty much won). You base this on the fact that Romo turned the ball over in less critical areas which led to a statisically misleading defensive ranking. I'm making the point that if points off of turnovers remain relatively constant through the season, it doesn't matter WHERE the defense gets the ball. It's called the socratic method...