We are the most disliked fan base

plasticman

Reaction score
That would be great news except that it isn't news.

We have been hated since the late 60's.

Remember, the Cowboys once had a streak of 20 consecutive winning seasons. They traumatized a lot of fans for other teams, regularly broke their hearts.

This is why, when the Cowboys began to decline in the late 80's, there was no mercy. Analysts, former players from other teams, were relentless in their attacks against Tom Landry. Buddy Ryan, HC of the Eagles, ran up the score against them.

George Allen, HC of the Washingtons once told his team that he wanted to meet Tom Landry in the middle of the field for a fist fight.

It's good to know that we are still despised to some degree. NFL fans still have their passion..

plymkr

Reaction score

Here is the full list, from most disliked to least disliked:

1: #Cowboys
2: #Browns
3: #Eagles
4: #Steelers
5: #Bears
6: #Bills
7: #Giants
8: #Chiefs
9: #Jets
10: #Vikings
11: #Raiders
12: #Jaguars
13: #Broncos
14: #Ravens
15: #Patriots
16: #Texans
17: #Chargers
18: #Packers
19: #Lions
20: #Titans   
21: #Commanders
22: #Bengals
23: #Falcons
24: #Saints   
25: #Seahawks   
26: #Rams
27: #Panthers
28: #Cardinals
29: #Dolphins
30: #Buccaneers
31: #49ers
32: #Colts

Well you can’t question our passion! We earned that ranking by loving our team through thick and thin

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Here is the full list, from most disliked to least disliked:

1: #Cowboys
2: #Browns
3: #Eagles
4: #Steelers
5: #Bears
6: #Bills
7: #Giants
8: #Chiefs
9: #Jets
10: #Vikings
11: #Raiders
12: #Jaguars
13: #Broncos
14: #Ravens
15: #Patriots
16: #Texans
17: #Chargers
18: #Packers
19: #Lions
20: #Titans   
21: #Commanders
22: #Bengals
23: #Falcons
24: #Saints   
25: #Seahawks   
26: #Rams
27: #Panthers
28: #Cardinals
29: #Dolphins
30: #Buccaneers
31: #49ers
32: #Colts

The combination of loud and stupid will get you that

CWR

Reaction score
Cowboys fans are actually pretty well known for flakiness.

It seems impossible to be a flake given the last 27 years without success. I guess more so you are referring to being overly optimistic of pessimistic based on small sample sizes and minimal evidence.

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
Let me tell you a story about why we’re the most hated…

This past season at the Nashville Titans with my 11 year old son Dallas (it’s actually after the character in The Outsiders) we were leaving walking down the never ending very crowded ramp down and it was very quiet.

Then some dude yells out “How bout them Cowboys!!!” And the place erupted with LOUD cheers that went on a while. The Titans fans couldn’t have liked it when we took over that stadium. So I get it, but don’t care. In fact. I love it when these fans hate us. Why wouldn’t I?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was in South Florida for a few weeks. And I never got one negative comment about the Cowboys, as I had on my hat and or my polo shirt. Wherever I went. mostly just my hat.
Actually I got good comments. And seen several other fans in shirts, jersey's and hats.
Just like when I lived down there.

I got one joking comment about them, and it was not even really negative. One guy said he wanted to say something against the Cowboys, because I was in line in front of him, but really could not say much. He was a Dolphins fan of course. I told him, well I can say a few bad things. As we laughed.

On my drive down and back, I even got good comments, even if just a ... go Cowboys ...

Stopped at a hotel in Hattiesburg MS, for the night on the way down. Met an older couple, he was there to give speech, going into the African American HOF for being a decorated war veteran.
They were there with their grandson from Dallas. She was telling how they know the trumpeter for the team at the stadium. So I said Freddie Jones. She said yes. We had a decent conversation about the team, and how they should do well this season.

Then I come in here and see the opposite comments. :laugh:

plymkr

Reaction score
It seems impossible to be a flake given the last 27 years without success. I guess more so you are referring to being overly optimistic of pessimistic based on small sample sizes and minimal evidence.
I would agree. Flakiness sounds more like fair weather fans. Being overly pessimistic or optimistic and/or overreacting to everything is a trademark of passion. We can be a very annoying fan base due to our passion but I’d rather have passion than apathy.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Curious how many people were polled, and how they went about it. I bet that list would be completely different every week. I'm sure we'd still be near the top, but there's no way 9ers fans are 2nd to last.

Bear in mind, we have the most fans, so more people are likely to come in contact with the more annoying fans. Also, I'm sure media bias has a lot to do with it. When sportscasters like SAS are constantly talking smack, it's gonna run off on people who otherwise wouldn't have had an opinion one way or the other.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I'm not surprised when we have fans who act like cause we used to be great that we still are. Other fan bases laugh at us.