We Can And Will Win With Weeden

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Hate to be a party pooper but let's take it one game at a time. These next games would be hard even with Romo. We're missing one or more key players at every positional group. That's very hard to overcome. Missing our 1) starting QB, 2) #1 RB and yet to find a replacement, 3) start LG, 4) elite WR, 5) four DL and our two best pass rushers, 6) star MLB, 7) star CB. Let's take it one game at a time. We probably won't get Romo back until Thanksgiving and in our next 8 games we play two division opponents and both teams that played in the Super Bowl. Not to mention possibly the best WR in the game, a HOF QB, and the best DT in football. I'd be ecstatic with 6-4 by the time Romo returns. And I'd even take 5-5.

Really, if Mincey doesn't play, you could argue that the team is missing its top 3 pass rushers.

... But we can do it!

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
We are not missing our starting rb.

That'd be like me saying we're also missing Irvin and Emmitt.

We haven't established a lead back yet. With Romo, Dez and a healthy O-line that would be fine. Without any of that makes us desperate for a RB to step up.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Really, if Mincey doesn't play, you could argue that the team is missing its top 3 pass rushers.

... But we can do it!

Yep. Only real bright side is I've wanted Coleman to have a big role since game 1. He's only had 15 snaps in 2 games but now they have no choice but to play him. Let's hope something similar happens with regard to Christine Michael.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Yep. Only real bright side is I've wanted Coleman to have a big role since game 1. He's only had 15 snaps in 2 games but now they have no choice but to play him. Let's hope something similar happens with regard to Christine Michael.

I really like Coleman too. He played really well in the preseason (even though I know... it is just the PS) and he played really well last week in Philly. If he gets significant snaps, I think he'll make some significant plays.

The main thing, IMO, is that Marinelli loves to rotate so much that neither Coleman nor anyone else will get worn down. At least not at tackle, I don't think.

I'm pretty fired up about what Coleman could become by the second half of this season when Hardy, Gregory, and Mincey are all back.

Satchel89

Reaction score
I'm with ya on Weeden. I like the idea of throwing the ball deep with him. I think they can hit some big pass plays that will help the running game. His overall record is bad and he wasn't good in the Cardinals game last year but I think he's set up for a good game even with the injuries. I just hope they don't get conservative with their game plan. Be aggressive and let Weeden fling the ball downfield.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
We can for sure win games with the ging. Just hoping he can keep dallas at least .500 until Romo is back.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I think I'd rather bring back Staubach if it's all the same to you guys.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No, because I was a Cowboys fan when I couldn't stand him last year.

I think it is trust in the rest of the team... Or insanity.

If he was starting for any other team, you wouldn't think he'll be okay.

Means nothing. You'd think any QB they'd trot out there would be okay. Your fandom would convince you of it.

I take a more realistic approach. First, I don't bow down to the front office. They could write a series of books on bad decisions they've made over the years. Second, I'll believe the resume. He's given us 21 games of suck as a starter. I won't believe the 22nd will be any different simply because of the jersey colors.

If he can write a new chapter in his career great but my expectations are you'll be able to smell his play a mile away and the Cowboys will have to win these games with defense and special teams.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
If he was starting for any other team, you wouldn't think he'll be okay.

Means nothing. You'd think any QB they'd trot out there would be okay. Your fandom would convince you of it.

I take a more realistic approach. First, I don't bow down to the front office. They could write a series of books on bad decisions they've made over the years. Second, I'll believe the resume. He's given us 21 games of suck as a starter. I won't believe the 22nd will be any different simply because of the jersey colors.

If he can write a new chapter in his career great but my expectations are you'll be able to smell his play a mile away and the Cowboys will have to win these games with defense and special teams.

:laugh:

You're a real piece of work...

And I'm pretty sure that the Cowboys will have to win these games with defense and special teams.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's all about passing effectiveness differential. Our defense better come to play, because if they can't slow down ATL, I have reservations re: how well we can play offensively right now. Not just because of Weeds, though. With Dez out, they get an extra guy in the secondary to play around with, and that makes things tougher. We won't have that luxury.

If this weren't the second half of a back:back road trip for Atlanta, I'd have a bad feeling about this game. But it is, which puts things back into the toss-up category for my brain. My heart, though, thinks this team's going to come together and can the penalties and turnovers and that our defense will actually win us a game for the first time in a long while. We'll see.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
:laugh:

You're a real piece of work...

And I'm pretty sure that the Cowboys will have to win these games with defense and special teams.

Well, you know, he's a realist. Except when he's wrong, which is usually. Then he's just absent from the discussion for a few days.

This game, like all the others, comes down to the passing differential. If we're going to win, our defense has to make Ryan look worse than he normally looks. That's not impossible, as evidenced by the line on the game. And, as I said earlier, that second-half-of-a-double-road-game thing is for real.