We Can And Will Win With Weeden

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
And losing Mincey wouldn't concern me either if Randy Gregory and Greg Hardy were playing.

Right now, Mincey not being in there means that they will be down to the 4th option for the weakside DE. That isn't good with an already compromised roster.

With Hardy and Gregory there (not to mention Dez, Romo, etc.), Mincey wouldn't even be missed.

But you knew that already, didn't you? That wasn't even the point of your post.

Dag... NABBITT!!!!
I TOLD YOU!

You are doing nothing constructive with this one!
******! Now I have to go mix a Tom Collins...

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sorry but if ATL gets a lead, prepare for the worst.

Weeden threw some dumb picks during his time in CLE. Most of them where when he was running around without his feet set (like most QBs). If he's getting picked this week, it probably won't be for those reasons. It'll more likely be because we can't get separation and/or because they're able to double cover our best weapons. Should be interesting to see.

I'm more worried about stripped balls and fumbles, since that's what seems to have been biting us lately. And I don't want Weeden in lost of first-and-15s or 2nd-and-20s, which could happen.

Jenky

Reaction score
Weeden threw some dumb picks during his time in CLE. Most of them where when he was running around without his feet set (like most QBs). If he's getting picked this week, it probably won't be for those reasons. It'll more likely be because we can't get separation and/or because they're able to double cover our best weapons. Should be interesting to see.

I'm more worried about stripped balls and fumbles, since that's what seems to have been biting us lately. And I don't want Weeden in lost of first-and-15s or 2nd-and-20s, which could happen.

Idgit, he's just not a good QB. I hate to sound like a broken record. Game managers fold when they are out of their comfort zones. I can see ATL getting up early, Dallas having to come back and can't.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's gonna be a tough game. Our back 7 is strong but our D-line is depleted. We're also relying on our backup QB, don't have a true receiving threat, and have yet to establish a running game. All I can do is hope for a win.

If the Falcons win this game, they'll have started the season 3-0 against the NFC East. I'm not sure they're even a decent team yet. That shouldn't happen.

Corso

Reaction score
If the Falcons win this game, they'll have started the season 3-0 against the NFC East. I'm not sure they're even a decent team yet. That shouldn't happen.

The Falcons joined the NFCE?
Cool.
I'm learning more and more from you every post.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Idgit, he's just not a good QB. I hate to sound like a broken record. Game managers fold when they are out of their comfort zones. I can see ATL getting up early, Dallas having to come back and can't.

Call a spade a spade with no consideration whatsoever for sensitivities.

If Brandon Weeden was starting for the Commanders the next 8 weeks, I'd be laughing at them.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score

The regular season is all about luck. Bad teams pick up 10 wins then get exposed in the playoffs all the time. Hopefully we can be lucky enough to pick up 10 wins despite our lack of luck.

Jenky

Reaction score
The Falcons joined the NFCE?
Cool.
I'm learning more and more from you every post.

They would have beaten the Eagles, Giants and Dallas... if they win this next game.

Rogah

Reaction score
As has been well established, I am a huge Romo guy. As such, I think there is a tremendous dropoff from him to any QB who would be a backup. Having said that....

IMHO, the purpose of a backup is to go 3-3 when the starter is hurt. Basically don't mess up the whole season. Unfortunately, Romo looks like he will miss more than 6 games so 3-3 cannot be the final goal. Given the fact that Dez is out as well, I'd be happy with 4-4 in the next 8, brining a 6-4 record into late November. That may not exactly set us up as the best position for the top seed, but I believe it will be a great position to be in as far as winning the division is concerned.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The regular season is all about luck. Bad teams pick up 10 wins then get exposed in the playoffs all the time. Hopefully we can be lucky enough to pick up 10 wins despite our lack of luck.

Timing has a lot to do with it. Which is certainly luck. Fast forward to December and I'd say there isn't a chance in hell the Falcons could sweep those same 3 games against our division but they're a mere Brandon Weeden meeting away from doing it.

Jenky

Reaction score
As has been well established, I am a huge Romo guy. As such, I think there is a tremendous dropoff from him to any QB who would be a backup. Having said that....

IMHO, the purpose of a backup is to go 3-3 when the starter is hurt. Basically don't mess up the whole season. Unfortunately, Romo looks like he will miss more than 6 games so 3-3 cannot be the final goal. Given the fact that Dez is out as well, I'd be happy with 4-4 in the next 8, brining a 6-4 record into late November. That may not exactly set us up as the best position for the top seed, but I believe it will be a great position to be in as far as winning the division is concerned.

It'd be a miracle if Weeden got us to .500.

Corso

Reaction score
They would have beaten the Eagles, Giants and Dallas... if they win this next game.

Hah ha ha!
Me stoopid on that one!

And I would be impressed by them being 3-0 no matter who they played.
3-0 is not easy in this day of parity.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Timing has a lot to do with it. Which is certainly luck. Fast forward to December and I'd say there isn't a chance in hell the Falcons could sweep those same 3 games against our division but they're a mere Brandon Weeden meeting away from doing it.

And we happened to draw both of last year's Super Bowl participants with 90% of our team out. If we can overcome this season we deserve a trip to Disney World.