We don't need a WR , we need a new scheme!

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
This scheme has worked at a high level here for years under multiple QB's at the helm with different play callers as well. The biggest issue is with play selection with certain personnel. We ain't passing the ball much when CD takes a breather, you darn near know

it's a run. There is very little mis direction, too many plays are alignment or personnel based and it tips their hand to the defense way too much. They have got to get better at running multiple plays out of the same formations and personnel groups and setting up the defense to think 1 thing is coming and bam hit them where they are soft. If CD is going to be the #1 guy then he needs to be moved all over the formation to force more 1 on 1 matchups.

BEST POST OF YOUR CAREER!!!!

3rdEyewarrior

Reaction score
Forget about wasting draft capital for a player. The person that needs to be traded or gone is Kellen Moore. Season after season the offense struggles with basic game plans. Kellen Moore seems to get worse every season.

We've made the trade for Coop we've drafted players, yet we still struggle to score and have a basic attack on offense. One that actually makes a defensive coordinator have nightmares. Please give your thoughts...
True. We need a top 5 o c bad.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
KM's main issue is situational play calling more so than his scheme. It was like that with JG also. For example, running backs will rip off 7 yards, 3 times in a row then KM will call a pass from an empty shot gun formation. Or call a stupid trick play when one isn't needed. This is the biggest problem with KM.

I just don't get it lol I laugh every time we do it like how dumb are we

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Forget about wasting draft capital for a player. The person that needs to be traded or gone is Kellen Moore. Season after season the offense struggles with basic game plans. Kellen Moore seems to get worse every season.

We've made the trade for Coop we've drafted players, yet we still struggle to score and have a basic attack on offense. One that actually makes a defensive coordinator have nightmares. Please give your thoughts...

So Kellen Moore is the problem because you dont understand what's been going on here this season?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
We do need some plays that are designed to beat specific teams. Our pass routes are too similar week in and week out to be custom plays.

With that said you MUST have a WR that puts fear into safeties. If you don’t have a guy like that their first step is forward and will kill us in the run game and create havoc in those short to medium routes over the middle. Fear prevents them from reacting quickly.

Yes like run deep and get as near the sidelines as you, I swear just watch our routes

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I think the OP is right. Our slow starts and no starts started when Moore took over in 2019. Dallas used to have a better gameplan. Our run game is boring. Whatever happened to the delayed draw? Zeke would be the perfect back for that. Do a few more toss plays. That's where pollard comes in. Enough with this right up the middle 3 yards and a cloud of dust.

Slow starts happen when try to establish the run and the run game isnt working. Or when you have a backup QB. Do any of these things sound familiar to the Cowboys the past few years?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I agree with you, OP. When you watch the flow and design of our offense and compare it to the Rams or the Bills or even the Dolphins, the differences are glaring.

The teams mentioned above get their playmakers the ball ON THE MOVE and in a position to attack the defense.

The Cowboys are notoriously fixated on curls and comebacks or stop routes which require the catcher to halt all momentum and turn to face the QB.

Great post!!! Which is the reason why we struggle to get yards. Yet you'll see the opposing team come out on offense and throw SEVERAL simple passes and complete them with ease! Our defense is 5 yards back after the catch, I'm like what kind of route did their OC just call that we can't call???

Flamma

Reaction score
Slow starts happen when try to establish the run and the run game isnt working. Or when you have a backup QB. Do any of these things sound familiar to the Cowboys the past few years?

Yes. I just don't think any of it has to do with losing Cooper.

Kawan

Reaction score
KM's main issue is situational play calling more so than his scheme. It was like that with JG also. For example, running backs will rip off 7 yards, 3 times in a row then KM will call a pass from an empty shot gun formation. Or call a stupid trick play when one isn't needed. This is the biggest problem with KM.
Great post!! He called trick plays when they are needed the least. Seems when we move the ball conventionally, he tries to be the smartest guy in the room and does a stupid trick play that fools no one and then we are in second and long. Moreover, when we get to the redzone, too many times it boggs down due to play calling. KM needs to go after this season.

CoachD

Reaction score

Actually better play calling will help.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
AND THAT GOT US WHAT IN THE PLAYOFFS???? TIRED OF STATS that's all we do!!
I responded to your statement about Moore. You were criticizing him because you said we can’t score. I responded that we scored more than any other team in the league last year. You didn’t mention ANYTHING about playoffs. Pay attention to what you brought up and the responses to it. You even ended your post by asking for other posters’ thoughts on what you said. Apparently you really didn’t want anyone’s thoughts. You just wanted everyone to agree with you and then moved the goalpost when you didn’t get everyone’s approval.

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
Denver showed you could stop our run with a base pass defense or a cover 2. No team is going to be successful with 3 receivers vs 7 defenders. Once the blueprint was made the rest is history. Joe Montana would have struggled to throw the ball.
Doesn’t change the fact I posted.

cnuball21

Reaction score
You need 3 quality WRs in today's NFL and we have 1. We need at least 1 more WR.

Current group is NOT strong enough to get us through the playoffs IMO.

Yoshimitsu

Lurch
Reaction score
A lot of people aren't talking about this but Kellen Moore is the last coach left over from the Garrett regime. Yet we wonder why our offense still struggles with the same problems it has for the last 20 years

75boyz

Reaction score
But what about that crowd that screams Last year's Number 1 offense with the same scheme?
Not me in this crowd but several who don't understand that the OC didn't change.
And neither did the QB.
So blame either.
Or both.
They've been together a long time.
The offense should definitely be better based on the public perception of the Wunderkid play caller and his so called elite quarterback.
They both seem to be under achieving at best.
I'd stick to boring but winning football with the run game, defense and special teams.

The pass happy approach by both this OC and QB will fail as it always has.

75boyz

Reaction score
This scheme has worked at a high level here for years under multiple QB's at the helm with different play callers as well. The biggest issue is with play selection with certain personnel. We ain't passing the ball much when CD takes a breather, you darn near know it's a run. There is very little mis direction, too many plays are alignment or personnel based and it tips their hand to the defense way too much. They have got to get better at running multiple plays out of the same formations and personnel groups and setting up the defense to think 1 thing is coming and bam hit them where they are soft. If CD is going to be the #1 guy then he needs to be moved all over the formation to force more 1 on 1 matchups.

It's huge irony that when Moore was interviewed a year or 2 ago that his entire intention was what you describe here. The multiple plays out of same formation looks.

Now it looks like it's absolutely telegraphed predictability.