We get what we're willing to settle for

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by CouchCoach, Oct 15, 2019.

1. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

10,622 Messages
    9,083 Likes Received
    "Most valuable sports franchise in the world. I'm winning. I'm #1. How about you?"

CouchCoach likes this.
  2. buybuydandavis

buybuydandavis Well-Known Member

10,622 Messages
    9,083 Likes Received
    Could a bad loss to the Eagles push Garrett out?

I think it's possible. Certainly that will be the talk after such a game.

3. Diehardblues

Diehardblues Well-Known Member

22,862 Messages
    13,439 Likes Received
    Yep

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    buybuydandavis likes this.
  4. cern

cern Well-Known Member

8,424 Messages
    11,554 Likes Received
    I would never ask him to borrow a handkerchief.

5. GenoT

GenoT Well-Known Member

4,227 Messages
    7,096 Likes Received
    I’m willing to settle for a Super Bowl win...does that count?

:);):confused::p:D:eek:o_O:rolleyes:

6. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

17,961 Messages
    30,329 Likes Received
    Yep, Otis is always ready.

RD21 likes this.
  7. CouchCoach

CouchCoach Well-Known Member

17,961 Messages
    30,329 Likes Received
    There will definitely be more Garrett talk after this game. Either he's done or he bought himself another couple of weeks. Some of these talking heads have gone so far down the path they can't back out. It will be like Marshall Faulk and Romo, "just wait, he'll screw it up".

buybuydandavis likes this.
  8. HowardC

HowardC Well-Known Member

2,036 Messages
    2,977 Likes Received
    Yeah. On top until Sunday night when the e-girls bend them over and have their way with them. Those first three games were fool's gold and we are now seeing their true nature revealed.

9. glimmerman

glimmerman Well-Known Member

13,269 Messages
    13,638 Likes Received
    JG gets a lot of bad press but when they were winning then no one says much about him. I think he has hit his ceiling as a HC and won’t get the team any further than he has unless the players are just that good and can execute these conservative plays in big games because this whole staff gets out coached. With the team we have had some years if we had a bellycheat or other great HC then we get further. Needs to be a staff change.

10. gjkoeppen

gjkoeppen Well-Known Member

2,373 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    If you will is that easily distracted and swayed that you can't accept what happens then I suggest you become a fan of something you can have a real direct impact on. No the Cowboys haven't won or even gone to a Super Bowl in a couple of decades but at no time have I ever thought for even a split second of not being a Cowboys fan and supporting this team. Now I understand there are some that are only real fans when they are winning and then when that doesn't happen they start thinking about doing things, but don't question those of us that continue to support this team. Supporting this team even in bad times in NO WAY means that we don't want and hope for the Cowboys to win Super Bowls.

11. Az Lurker

Az Lurker The Lurker

418 Messages
    240 Likes Received
    This calls for the first verse of Needing/Getting

I've been waiting for months, waiting for years, waiting for you to change.
    Aw, but there ain't much that's dumber, there ain't much that's dumber
    than pinning your hopes on a change in another.
    And I, yeah I still need you, but what good's that gonna do?
    Needing is one thing, and getting, getting's another.

12. gjkoeppen

2,373 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    Isn't this enlightening that you have already given the Cowboys a loss Sunday night. I see that you're such a big fan but I just can't figure out for what team. Can't be the Cowboys.

13. jsb357

jsb357 Well-Known Member

2,272 Messages
    2,539 Likes Received
    So the Dallas fans settle for a nice stadium and a high Forbes ranking?

PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  14. Diehardblues

22,862 Messages
    13,439 Likes Received
    Are you even capable of grasping Cowboy fans who support the team but are critical of many different aspects and have become apathetic?

Leaving the local team in your backyard isn’t an option but calling them out and making fun of them is fun and helps ease the pain. It’s like a standup comedian taking a shot at themselves .

15. gjkoeppen

2,373 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    Then if you want to have fun be a comedian and poke fun at yourself. I never hear a fan say it's fun poking fun at whatever they are a fan of. It's great fun poking fun of whoever the Cowboys play, but it's sick to think it's FUN to poke fun at something your claim to be a fan off. There is a name for "fans" who turn critical and that fair weather fans.

16. Diehardblues

22,862 Messages
    13,439 Likes Received
    Then you should get out more . Lol

And it’s typical response attempting to discredit a fan with personal insults when you don’t like the message.

Obviously you can’t grasp definition of critic.

17. cern

cern Well-Known Member

8,424 Messages
    11,554 Likes Received
    This is a rather pedantic point of view. Friends joke around with eachother. I personally like smart ***** as opposed to the dumb variety.

18. gjkoeppen

2,373 Messages
    868 Likes Received
    That's funny seeing I sit at happy hour so often and have great discussions with me as the only Cowboys fan and the rest packer fans. Funny that i never hear those packer fans making fun of their team. I guess it's just fun for fair weather Cowboys fans to poke fun at the Cowboys.

19. Diehardblues

22,862 Messages
    13,439 Likes Received
    You should sit at a bar here in Dallas.

20. gjkoeppen

2,373 Messages
    868 Likes Received

Cern how you been? Yes I joke around with my friends but that's when it's face to face or an email back and forth but it never is poking fun at the Cowboys. Do you know every user here and know when they are poking fun or are just being negative about the Cowboys?