We have Dave Campo 2.0

Hailmary

Reaction score
Really I didn't know that there was a salary cap with coaches. Jason Garrett's contract is a drop in the bucket for Jones. I am sure it's going to really dent his pocket book. :facepalm:

I want Payton too but I have to agree with Alexander. Garrett will have what, 25mil left after this season? It'll probably take 9mil/yr to bring in Payton. 5yrs at 9mil/yr is 45mil + 25mil =70mil. I don't care how wealthy JJ is, that's a lot of money for a coaching change. That plus JJ will give him a pass bc of the injuries. Ugh...

khiladi

Reaction score
It's not our money and it doesn't affect salary cap...

I don't care how much Garrett costs Jerry to get fired and how much it takes to get Payton..

That being said the only logical approach is that I could foresee is Jerry forcing a total change in OCs and keeping Jason explicitly away from it.

waving monkey

Reaction score
And it appears Romo just covers up a ton of problems.

Any coach worth his salt could have won a couple of these games through scheme alone.

Garrett is a puppet. Hardy is a distraction. Rod M is a fraud. O Line is overrated

Carr, Wilcox, and Claiborne need to be released. Lee needs to retire

your a puppet poster

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And it appears Romo just covers up a ton of problems.

Any coach worth his salt could have won a couple of these games through scheme alone.

Garrett is a puppet. Hardy is a distraction. Rod M is a fraud. O Line is overrated

Carr, Wilcox, and Claiborne need to be released. Lee needs to retire

To be fair- Campo had no where near the talent that Garrett has..

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
I want Payton too but I have to agree with Alexander. Garrett will have what, 25mil left after this season? It'll probably take 9mil/yr to bring in Payton. 5yrs at 9mil/yr is 45mil + 25mil =70mil. I don't care how wealthy JJ is, that's a lot of money for a coaching change. That plus JJ will give him a pass bc of the injuries. Ugh...

What Jerry wants Jerry gets, money is no object to the man. If there were no salary cap he would buy a Superbowl team as the man wants to win badly. His passion is astronomical, and 70 million is a drop in the bucket for that man.

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
meh, I had some problems strategically with the game against Seattle, but Lombardi couldn't save this. I would love to hear everyone's savior coach that this owner is going to hire that would be appreciably better than Garrett. The talent on this team was vastly overrated. Yes, losing Romo makes a tremendous difference, but this team isnt good enough.

This team is set at essentially one position group: the offensive line (depending on your feelings for Doug Free, who is at least serviceable)

Lets look at the defense, shall we. The number of playmakers on the defense with a reputation/track record of being a playmaker prior to the season:

Hardy
Lee (when able)
McClain ( the 2014 version, although he was a dog in Oakland)

That's it. The Crawfords, DLaw, Gregory, Hayden. Hitchens, Claiborne, Carr, Wilcox, Heath, Mincey, Church, Gachkar, Byron Jones. All of these guys are either unproven or do not have a track record of making plays i.e delivering sacks, forcing turnovers, changing games.

Offensively, where is the speed at wr? Not 1 wr has breakaway speed, Dez is a dominant #1 but be nice to have a speed compliment opposite him. The trend in the NFL is to have a hybrid type at TE, another guy that can stretch the defense down the seam. Love Witten, his play this season is acceptable, but be nice for his backup to be one of those hybrid TE. McFadden is a nice story, but we couldnt even spell him last night. Backup qb has been beaten death.

Romo aint saving this **** show, but I can't put it all on the coaches either.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I doubt someone on this team would Pants Garrett in the middle of practice like they did Campo.

Other than that...it's a legit argument with how this season is going with better overall Players and no QB vs Campo with lesser overall players and no QB.

chicago JK

Reaction score
I doubt Garrett is going anywhere. Should he? That is a debate for here to eternity on this board.

I do think this is going to be an interesting time for Jerry. He is obviously very close to Garrett and really likes working with him. Who wouldn't. Jerry can be Jerry with Garrett. With that being said, Jerry knows he is on the back 9 and has been talking the last few years about the window closing. He wanted to go all in this season as he thought it was their best chance. Now he sees another wasted year. He has also got to know when Romo is done here, they are looking at probably 5-10 years at least until they are ready to make another run. That is a long time when your owner sees himself approaching the finish line.

Reaction score
As made painfully obvious the past 6 games, this team's success hinged entirely upon a very good QB converting third downs and scoring after eating clock, thus protecting a bad defense. Even after a solid offseason the defense isn't strong enough to hold its own, and without a very good QB to convert third downs the offense cannot protect them. Coaching isnt the problem, the personnel just isnt good enough to make up for losing its most important player.

jwitten82

Reaction score
meh, I had some problems strategically with the game against Seattle, but Lombardi couldn't save this. I would love to hear everyone's savior coach that this owner is going to hire that would be appreciably better than Garrett. The talent on this team was vastly overrated. Yes, losing Romo makes a tremendous difference, but this team isnt good enough.

This team is set at essentially one position group: the offensive line (depending on your feelings for Doug Free, who is at least serviceable)

Lets look at the defense, shall we. The number of playmakers on the defense with a reputation/track record of being a playmaker prior to the season:

Hardy
Lee (when able)
McClain ( the 2014 version, although he was a dog in Oakland)

That's it. The Crawfords, DLaw, Gregory, Hayden. Hitchens, Claiborne, Carr, Wilcox, Heath, Mincey, Church, Gachkar, Byron Jones. All of these guys are either unproven or do not have a track record of making plays i.e delivering sacks, forcing turnovers, changing games.

Offensively, where is the speed at wr? Not 1 wr has breakaway speed, Dez is a dominant #1 but be nice to have a speed compliment opposite him. The trend in the NFL is to have a hybrid type at TE, another guy that can stretch the defense down the seam. Love Witten, his play this season is acceptable, but be nice for his backup to be one of those hybrid TE. McFadden is a nice story, but we couldnt even spell him last night. Backup qb has been beaten death.

Romo aint saving this **** show, but I can't put it all on the coaches either.

But Garrett fans told us we were rebuilding during those 8-8 seasons. So youre telling me we wasted 3 of Romo's best years on some fake rebuilding process?

LucaBrasi

Sleeps with the fishes
Reaction score
But Garrett fans told us we were rebuilding during those 8-8 seasons. So youre telling me we wasted 3 of Romo's best years on some fake rebuilding process?

We still have the same domineering owner that picks the players, demands media attention, and basically neuters and undercuts the Head Coach at every turn. Like I said, we can fire Garrett but if anyone thinks this owner is going to make some inspired coaching hire and allow the coach to be the voice and face of the franchise, the man that makes players accountable for their play, if anyone thinks that will happen with a coaching change - that person either has a Gump like IQ or just hasn't paid attention for the last 22 years of this ownership.

Everson24

Reaction score
keep Claiborne, but 27, 39, 96, 55 can all be released now, and the Kracken76 - get into game shape. He's pathetic for $1MM a game and winded after a series of downs

The whole team is poorly conditioned. What was it Jimmy Johnson used to say? "fatigue make cowards of us all". We are officially cowards.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
And 1-5 does what exactly? Your season is still over. I'd rather focus on the huge personnel issue rather than the coaches trying to overcome that huge issue.

With a league average backup QB the Cowboys win at least half of those games and the season is still very much alive.

omg, how do teams do it with less talent, no way did we see Bradford win last night, because hes a number qb he must be better than other backs up ? right? right, because a number 1 on any team is clearly better than back ups? right right?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
omg, how do teams do it with less talent, no way did we see Bradford win last night, because hes a number qb he must be better than other backs up ? right? right, because a number 1 on any team is clearly better than back ups? right right?

We got a live one here.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score

Well, errr, yes.

Sorry.