We lost 717 snaps at DE in FA

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
don't get me wrong he's a solid player but I'm saying is those guys are available in free agency yearly he's not special he's a player with a lot of potential that never met the potential but still a very good role player..

I look around at every player we lost this year we talked about it since the Green Bay game and before they were all gone we knew they were leaving just about everybody no surprises.. Most of them are easily replaceable... And it's the oddest response is tyron leaving and I realize he's a big part of this franchise but so were a lot of good players who were actually had a lot more tread left on their tire that left here it's part of the game you lose players we thought we were probably getting rid of them every year the last four years but now it's a big deal even though they've said that he's injury prone up in age doesn't deserve big money same with all the running backs..

The responses to all the players we lost is just ridiculous I knew they were leaving and I believe they're all gonna be replaced before game one there's no reason to panic there's five plus months left to build this team with all kinds of options and free agent pool drafts and trades...
this was the same vibe last year... it's the same vibe on this board every year... it's like they want us to do bad on purpose

go look at the posts last year it was all about how this team will barely win 7 games, we got worse, SF slapped us - no way we win the east. Then through the season you see the eagles collapse and the cowboys gameplan for 12 wins actually works - the haters then say the 12 wins are inflated by bad teams. the haters didn't even think we would win more than half of our games, of course they will complain when they are wrong.

this year we will again - have 10+ wins. why? we have an all-pro WR and HOF DE. When they show up, those games are blowouts. We will continue to struggle at the QB position but there is only 1 team right now with an elite QB who does not have this issue and it is KC.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
the cowboys can easily have one of the best DE prospects fall to them in the 1st round this year and be just fine with Hoffman and Bass on the o-line. Dak is making 60M, he has to eat a loss somewhere, whether it's the defense or the o-line. At this point we need the defense to carry the team so if Robinson or Laitu is available we can pull the trigger and move DL to Osa's position

blueblood70

Reaction score
this was the same vibe last year... it's the same vibe on this board every year... it's like they want us to do bad on purpose

go look at the posts last year it was all about how this team will barely win 7 games, we got worse, SF slapped us - no way we win the east. Then through the season you see the eagles collapse and the cowboys gameplan for 12 wins actually works - the haters then say the 12 wins are inflated by bad teams. the haters didn't even think we would win more than half of our games, of course they will complain when they are wrong.

this year we will again - have 10+ wins. why? we have an all-pro WR and HOF DE. When they show up, those games are blowouts. We will continue to struggle at the QB position but there is only 1 team right now with an elite QB who does not have this issue and it is KC.
Exactly a few years back they used that term historically bad offseason everybody freaked out same as they're doing this off season and we won 12 games and went to the second round...

If they just allow the front office which I don't agree with everything they've done but let them get to the draft let them pick some players let them then see what holes they have to fill and there's hundreds of free agents still left it's just not the list the fans had because of course every year they want every pro bowler X all pro on this team all the way through the trade that die it's all you here is we need to trade for a X player and they fill in the name and it's always a big time player you can't really fill out your roster with all those guys...

I'm willing to have some patience and wait until they build the roster and we start playing some games that's the only way to judge this offseason is by the actual season... I get why everyone's upset after Green Bay the loss and to continue losing in the playoffs that doesn't mean they're not doing anything yeah, they haven't done anything in the last 16 days but they will!...

They literally added guys last year like Gilmore hankins and cooks on small trades... They've also in years past brought in guys like Jason Peters they will find a way to put good enough players on this team to compete and like I keep saying we keep talking about the Eagles all the time well why is it that the Cowboys who do nothing have the worst overrated quarterback the yes man back head coach's lame duck defensive coordinators and the worst GM in the history of football and we do nothing in the offseason can beat the Eagles two times in the last three years for the division?? They're supposed to be the team that does everything and yet we beat them twice for the division allegedly doing nothing...

Floatyworm

The Labeled One
Reaction score
IMO this is pretty significant. Sam Williams absorbing Fowler snaps gives him close to 600. Lawrence barely went over 600 snaps last year. Its unlikely they would give Williams that heavy a workload. Gholston got 300 last year, and was pretty underwhelming especially against the run.

DE is a position fans need to be open to in the first. Especially if Latu, Verse or Chop is on board
I'm taking Robinson....playing him @ LDE early downs.....moving him inside on passing downs. I would rather have him....than have SF line him up against us.

youngjerryjones

Reaction score
You know the offense is built to be hamstrung by dak, so build the defense to overcome it...that's why i can see DE over LT in 1st rd

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Agreed.
Very disrespectful to call Armstrong a bum, he's a good player.
Even Fowler had a very good pressure rate, and wouldn't fit the bum description.
We will miss Armstrong. His cap hit is under 5 mil. Would have been easy to find that. Personally I would have kept him for that.
A guy like Fowler may be easier to replace, but he's no bum either.
Edge was a strength, now it is a need, and we got a bunch of them now.
Not exactly, there were many good edge players there and so they could rotate and keep fresh, but still when MP was double teamed or triple teamed no one could consistently get home