We Lost Another Cowboys Fan

brickman

Reaction score
I feel your loss. Losing a loved one is so difficult. I lost my dad 30 years ago when he was 58 from cancer. I felt so alone and still do. Remember the good times and it will get you through this difficult time. He and you will be in my prayers.

Ultra Warrior

6 Million Light-years beyond believability.
Reaction score
Condolences for your loss. Even if the stadium is closed, your Dad & the Lord will still be able to watch the games, from the great beyond. :star:

Carl23

Reaction score
While I am very sorry for your loss, I am thankful that you shared his story.

:star:

Flinger

Reaction score
Perhaps your dad is talking with Tom Landry right now...

May the Lord give you his peace as you grieve his loss.

CowboysPhan

Obsequious Cowboys Toadie
Reaction score
I'm so sorry for your loss. I can identify. When my mom passed a few years ago, the last thing she did was to sit up in her wheelchair with me and watch the first half of the Cowboys/Commanders game. Her strength failed her after that and she had to go to bed, and never got up again. I was so glad to have shared that last game with her, because she loved her Cowboys! Both my parents did, and I still feel that twinge of sorrow on game day, sometimes. But it really does get better over time. It's been a few years now for me, and I do remember all the great Cowboys-related times together with a special fondness. You and your family are in my prayers.

perrykemp

Reaction score
I'm very sorry for your loss. There is a very little anybody can say at this stage to make you feel much better.

I'm still grieving for the loss of my father who passed way 15 months ago. I had a real tough time this past season with gamedays -- especially after a win or loss for the past 20 years or so I could expect a call from my father exactly 30 seconds after the game ended (even Monday nighters to the chagrin of my wife) to debrief.

The grief does eventually subside -- but never go away completely -- nor should it.

WV Cowboy

Waitin' on the 6th
Reaction score
HoustonSucks;5041503 said:
My dad was born the day before Tom Landry. He passed away March 25th

Thanks for listening.

Sounds like I would love watching a Cowboys game with your Dad.

I'm sorry.

ufcrules1

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss bud. Just reading that brought a tear to my eye. Truly sad.

TX_Yid

Reaction score
I'm sorry for your loss.

If it's any consolation, your dad now gets to watch the games from the best seat in the house through the hole in the roof.

LittleD

Reaction score
I lost my Dad many years ago but it sounds as if they came from the same peapod. I said a small prayer for him and would encourage you to be happy that he now sits in that giant stratolounger in the sky watching his favorite team through the hole in the stadium.

Hoping for brighter days on the horizon for you and yours!!!!!

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
Houston,

I'm sorry for your loss. Your father and your family will be in my prayers.

Keep your chin up, my friend.

Woods

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear about your Dad.

But I am glad to know that you and he shared a lot of time together, and that the Cowboys helped both of you bond.

Shunpike

Reaction score
I am so sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family. May God take your father into his heaven.