We Lost Another Cowboys Fan

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Lost my dad two years ago and we had that type of relationship as well...

We both loved college football and the Dallas Cowboys...

As many have said here, it will get better with time. It's hard to live inside your own skin after the initial shock, but hang in there as time does heal...

Sorry for your loss... keep your chin up and you'll get through this...

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss. Sounds like a great man!!Keep up the cheering in his honor!

curboys

Reaction score
HS, I too am sorry to hear of your loss. Please accept my condolences.

starfrombirth

Reaction score
my condolences. I can't imagine the grief ill go through when one of my parents dies. Best Wishes.

Captain Late

Reaction score
So sorry for your loss, know that your dad will be with you in your heart every day.

egn22

Reaction score
wow, this thread has been here for the past few days and i ignored it looking for "news".
I'm so glad i decided to click on it because this was a fantastic read. I'm sorry for your loss and I totally understand what it is to have a close family member who's a die hard fan the same way you are.

Most people don't get it. My wife always asks me why i spend so much time talking Cowboys with my brother. we literally talk about cowboys more than anything else. Thats our bond and he's the first person i call or text if i hear something new about the cowboys and he does the same.

So reading this made me think of him, and really gave me a good understanding of what you must be going through right now. thanks so much for sharing your story here, it really made me stop to appreciate the time i have with my brother. I hope things get better for you as I know its extremely tough to cope with the loss of a loved one.

TNT

Reaction score
My wife lost her father last week. We had a running joke that he should stop watching the game anytime the cowboys started to lose, because he was just bad luck. I will pass on what my wife posted, hope this brings some peace:
When I grow up I want to be a giving person, the kind of person that makes sure I pay for each and every meal that involves me and my kids, as well as friends or family that may be with us.​
When I grow up I want to be an understanding person, the kind of person that understands when one of my children accidentally throws a $150 pair of sunglasses out the car window that I bought them.​
When I grow up I want to be a helpful person, the kind of person that will drive an hour to help fix my adult child's air conditioning and it ends up just being the filter. Just like I asked about before I even left the house.​
I want to be a loving person, the kind of person that makes sure you don't enter a room without getting a hug or leave a room without hearing "I Love You".​
The reason that I have a chance to be any of these things, is because of my dad. He was all of these things and more. While I hurt so much with the passing of my father, I find solace in the fact that I was always his little girl. I love you so much Dad. May you Rest in Peace.​

Picksix

A Work in Progress
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about you losing your dad. I know my dad and I have always been tight, and I hate to hear about anyone losing their dad, especially if they were very close. I can't imagine how difficult it would be for me if I lost mine.

God bless you, brother.

DenCWBY

Reaction score
HoustonSucks;5041503 said:
My dad was born the day before Tom Landry. He passed away March 25th and I'm not sure how to ever watch another Cowboys game. Almost every picture as a child is me on his lap in my Cowboys gear. My first memories are him watching the games. It wasn't our whole relationship but it was one of our biggest bonds and I can't separate the two. We talked Cowboys in his last hour of life. I buried him with a Cowboys football in his arm. When I went to buy it, out of ALL the games that could have been playing in the pro shop, it was Dallas' last shellacking of the hated Texans. Dad was happy as a clam after that game.

Watching TV in his delirium in the hospital he thought he saw Tony Romo. I was told he broke chairs during our loss to the Steelers in the 70s Super Bowls. The cowboys were his love and he talked about them to the very end. I would check the zone for gossip and immediately call or tell him. I'd read him my posts which he was proud of. My dad and the Cowboys are so entwined and so a part of me I haven't been able to check this site or think. I don't know how to get through the coming season. There's my brother and his 2 grown children who love the team as dad and I did/do. I'll have to rely on them...

But this is unutterable and unfathomable. My daddy and his/my beloved Cowboys.

Cowboy nation lost one of its oldest, most ardent, smartest, and noble fans.

I'm sick with it.

Thanks for listening.

Figured this didn't belong in the Fan Zone though I'd like it there....

Prayers to you and your family. With your love for him, I'm sure he's in better place.
Kindest Regards, Chuck

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
My dad was born the day before Tom Landry. He passed away March 25th and I'm not sure how to ever watch another Cowboys game. Almost every picture as a child is me on his lap in my Cowboys gear. My first memories are him watching the games. It wasn't our whole relationship but it was one of our biggest bonds and I can't separate the two. We talked Cowboys in his last hour of life. I buried him with a Cowboys football in his arm. When I went to buy it, out of ALL the games that could have been playing in the pro shop, it was Dallas' last shellacking of the hated Texans. Dad was happy as a clam after that game.

Watching TV in his delirium in the hospital he thought he saw Tony Romo. I was told he broke chairs during our loss to the Steelers in the 70s Super Bowls. The cowboys were his love and he talked about them to the very end. I would check the zone for gossip and immediately call or tell him. I'd read him my posts which he was proud of. My dad and the Cowboys are so entwined and so a part of me I haven't been able to check this site or think. I don't know how to get through the coming season. There's my brother and his 2 grown children who love the team as dad and I did/do. I'll have to rely on them...

I'm sick with it.

Thanks for listening.

Sorry for your loss.

You honour him by continuing to watch the games and remembering him while doing it.

Avenger

Reaction score

I'm sick with it.

Thanks for listening.

I have been where you are and am very sorry for your loss. I will pray for you and your family. May the Good Lord bless you with all possible comfort and peace during this difficult time.

Avenger :pray:

HoustonSucks

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this outpouring. It's comforting that so many of you have gone through this too. I will plant myself in the chat room on game days with you guys for comfort and my thoughts/reactions will be my dads.

Thank you again. I can't tell you how much this thread has given me strength.

God Bless you all and our team.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
HoustonSucks;5041942 said:
Thank you so much for this outpouring. It's comforting that so many of you have gone through this too. I will plant myself in the chat room on game days with you guys for comfort and my thoughts/reactions will be my dads.

Thank you again. I can't tell you how much this thread has given me strength.

God Bless you all and our team.

I'm not sure you will be honouring your dad by subjecting him to the chat room on game days! :cool:

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I am very sorry for your loss. It's going to be tough but you and your family will pull through.

ohiocowboysfan25

Reaction score
HS, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your dad. I haven't really had much

of a relationship with my dad so the closest person I've lost is my grandpa. I

lost him almost a year ago and I miss him every day. It will be tough for a long

time and especially while you watch games and you'll probably never stop

missing him but know that he's in a better place. God and your dad are

watching over you and your family. May he rest in peace. I will keep you all in

my prayers.

Martice

Reaction score
Sorry for your loss Houston. Cowboy Nation may have lost a good one but we all share the benefit of having you on board.

Cowboys For Life!!