We made the Dallas News and Bleacher Report...

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Years ago Calvin Hill said that with Cowboys fans you could score 2 TD's in a quarter and Cowboys fans would complain that you didn't score 3 TD's in a quarter. And if you score 3 TD's in a quarter, they'd complain you didn't score 4 TD's in a quarter. And if you didn't score 4 TD's in a quarter, then they would complain that you didn't score then on the Dallas fans end of the endzone.

I've always felt this way about Cowboys fans as growing up in NY, I used to get the DMN at the local newsstand and couldn't get over how negative Cowboys fans were. And this is growing up a Yankees fan in the 80's (no championships) and an SU fan.

There's a large chunk of the population of Cowboys fans that are very self loathing. They are pretty much here to either gloat if we ever win a Super Bowl or if anything else, hate on the organization and the team as a whole. Dallas could go to the Super Bowl and lose, and they would gladly jump right in on bashing the organization.

That's one of the reasons why I hate the Dallas press. They feed off this nonsense and by now, the national media knows how to push those buttons, too. As Rick Reilly once said...you can never go wrong writing about the Cowboys because people will read it regardless. Peter King has expressed those sentiments as well. And here the Dallas News is trying to make a big deal out of something, like it is so unusual. The Dallas media just loves to pile on and instigate, but if they were being honest they would see how this goes on for every team's forums.

For years, I've made the point that there are Cowboys fans and Fans of Hating Jerry. Two separate groups for 1 particular team. So I can perfectly understand why the admins decided to issue that warning. To me, it was long overdue.

YR

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
No. Is that on the Cartoon Channel, bloke? I heard that is an excellent venue for children and those who think as such.

I don't really watch TV outside of sports. Interesting that you define people by the TV they watch.

Negativeland was a radio show from the 80s and 90s out of northern California. He did the 50's revivalist radio personality bit, but he was more irreverent. You sometimes remind me of that.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
I don't really watch TV outside of sports. Interesting that you define people by the TV they watch.

Negativeland was a radio show from the 80s and 90s out of northern California. He did the 50's revivalist radio personality bit, but he was more irreverent. You sometimes remind me of that.

Of course I define you by the TV you watch. I had you pegged for the Kardashians show and TVland.

I will try to catch negativeland in the archives. In the meanwhile, you keep twirling the little twirly thing atop the cap you wear.

Jinxx13x

Reaction score
lol i wasn't a member of this board during this time but is a funny read. DC forums lose their mind everytime the boys lose lol:lmao: