Twitter: We may be losing our Hot Boyz name

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
If your unit is balls to the wall awesome, disruptive and game changing I don't care if you call yourselves the pixie sticks. But if you're mediocre at best, save it.

erod

Reaction score
Gotta think about life after football man. This is o my temporary. When it comes to your life you don’t think about generational wealth and leaving more for your kids? Leaving business's for them?
This is a common mistake made by many families. I've seen it a lot from friends and colleagues.

If you leave your kids money and businesses, the overwhelming majority will squander the cash and sell the business as soon as they can, then squander that, too. They end up unfulfilled, unhappy, and broke. Often, they end up with major addiction problems and broken families of their own doing. Suicide rates are higher than the norm. Their life is a constant reminder of failure and worthlessness. Leaving your children something is fine, but it should be more like a nice gift than a nest egg.

Instead, focus on teaching them how to build their own wealth and lifestyle through a life of service, meaningful academics, and experiences. Use your wealth to give them those opportunities, not just give them a check. That's the only way to sustain the lifestyle their accustomed to living and find their own place and happiness.

Parents should provide example, opportunity, and stability the best they can. Not treasure. Wealth makes that easier to do, but it's not entirely necessary. A lot of people I know end up just passing along a big check, but often it's out of guilt because they know they failed their children as parents otherwise. They didn't encourage them to work and develop themselves, but rather just to expect standards they can't realistically understand.

There is no substitute for good parenting, regardless of the circumstances you come from.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Dumb butt name regardless. Our defense line that is griping, considering suing over the 9rs line having a similar name, is pitiful. Our line should aptly be named "The Frozen Meerkats".

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have no problem with that, but he's got a job now. And putting your "brand" out there without playing like $105 million dollar DE. Money isn't the issue, that's plenty to support a large family for life. Unless you're an idiot.
Man many people have lost 100 million dollars. It’s far easier to do then you think. Gotta keep the clash flow coming.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Man many people have lost 100 million dollars. It’s far easier to do then you think. Gotta keep the clash flow coming.
If you're ignorant, yes. It's probably really easy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This is a common mistake made by many families. I've seen it a lot from friends and colleagues.

If you leave your kids money and businesses, the overwhelming majority will squander the cash and sell the business as soon as they can, then squander that, too. They end up unfulfilled, unhappy, and broke. Often, they end up with major addiction problems and broken families of their own doing. Suicide rates are higher than the norm. Their life is a constant reminder of failure and worthlessness. Leaving your children something is fine, but it should be more like a nice gift than a nest egg.

Instead, focus on teaching them how to build their own wealth and lifestyle through a life of service, meaningful academics, and experiences. Use your wealth to give them those opportunities, not just give them a check. That's the only way to sustain the lifestyle their accustomed to living and find their own place and happiness.

Parents should provide example, opportunity, and stability the best they can. Not treasure. Wealth makes that easier to do, but it's not entirely necessary. A lot of people I know end up just passing along a big check, but often it's out of guilt because they know they failed their children as parents otherwise. They didn't encourage them to work and develop themselves, but rather just to expect standards they can't realistically understand.

There is no substitute for good parenting, regardless of the circumstances you come from.
That’s subjective. Who’s to say these parents that leave businesses to their family will have kids that decide to sell it.

erod

Reaction score
That’s subjective. Who’s to say these parents that leave businesses to their family will have kids that decide to sell it.
I've seen it over and over and over.

It's critical for wealthy families to put significant attention into building their kids own sense of self-worth. Otherwise, they live this youthful life of privilege until one day, it's time to grow up and they're not ready for it. A tiny percentage of families have enough wealth that will just sustain itself. If the kids don't have the same drive as their parents, it'll evaporate quickly.

I see too many kids allowed to just idle away the time through their college years with very little expected of them. They typically get through fine and go to college, but they come out of it without any real sense of how to work through the rigors and grind of life. Most wealthy people work 12-14 hour days often seven days a week. It doesn't just fall out of the sky into their lap. However, their kids get a very different sense of it growing up. That's a bear trap for them, which leads to a lot of depression and anxiety issues. It's hard to follow the footsteps of your parents if they're uber successful.

That's why most successful people you meet in in life came from middle class backgrounds growing up. The failure rate of rich kids is very high. Good parenting at the rich and poor ends of the spectrum is uber critical.

erod

Reaction score
If you're ignorant, yes. It's probably really easy.
Scottie Pippen, Allen Iverson, John Daly, Antoine Walker, Lenny Dykstra, Terrell Owens, Mike Tyson, Dennis Rodman, Sheryl Swoopes, Evander Holyfield, Mark Brunell, Warren Sapp, Travis Henry......

There's a long list of guys that have squandered sometimes hundreds of millions of dollars.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I've seen it over and over and over.

It's critical for wealthy families to put significant attention into building their kids own sense of self-worth. Otherwise, they live this youthful life of privilege until one day, it's time to grow up and they're not ready for it. A tiny percentage of families have enough wealth that will just sustain itself. If the kids don't have the same drive as their parents, it'll evaporate quickly.

I see too many kids allowed to just idle away the time through their college years with very little expected of them. They typically get through fine and go to college, but they come out of it without any real sense of how to work through the rigors and grind of life. Most wealthy people work 12-14 hour days often seven days a week. It doesn't just fall out of the sky into their lap. However, their kids get a very different sense of it growing up. That's a bear trap for them, which leads to a lot of depression and anxiety issues. It's hard to follow the footsteps of your parents if they're uber successful.

That's why most successful people you meet in in life came from middle class backgrounds growing up. The failure rate of rich kids is very high. Good parenting at the rich and poor ends of the spectrum is uber critical.
Just because you’ve seen it doesn’t make it more fact lol.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Scottie Pippen, Allen Iverson, John Daly, Antoine Walker, Lenny Dykstra, Terrell Owens, Mike Tyson, Dennis Rodman, Sheryl Swoopes, Evander Holyfield, Mark Brunell, Warren Sapp, Travis Henry......

There's a long list of guys that have squandered sometimes hundreds of millions of dollars.
And?
I don't feel sorry for anyone with that much opportunity and they piss it away. Just like I wouldn't if I did.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Like I said man it depends on the individual. Like to me I can appreciate someone monetizing their brand and knowing their worth. It makes me sick to my stomach seeing these young men get in over their heads and have no plan for their future. I want to see all these guys make all the money they can. You care about what they do on the field. I care about what they do off.
I understand your point, but I'm a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, and these guys would be better served to wait until they have a brand worth promoting. Until then, they just look like wannabes.
I hope they make enough money to live comfortably and support their families for the rest of their lives, but at this point in time I think they should be more focused on football, since what they do on the field will greatly impact the success of their "brand" off the field.
Priorities, brother.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I understand your point, but I'm a fan of the Dallas Cowboys, and these guys would be better served to wait until they have a brand worth promoting. Until then, they just look like wannabes.
I hope they make enough money to live comfortably and support their families for the rest of their lives, but at this point in time I think they should be more focused on football, since what they do on the field will greatly impact the success of their "brand" off the field.
Priorities, brother.
It’s their offseason though. These guys will kill them selves trying to be sports 24/7.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
And?
I don't feel sorry for anyone with that much opportunity and they piss it away. Just like I wouldn't if I did.
No one saying feel sorry for them but I don’t think it makes you a idiot for losing millions. Also you have to understand that when a guy signs a 100 million dollar deal half of that is guaranteed and your money gets split up to the people on your payroll.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It’s their offseason though. These guys will kill them selves trying to be sports 24/7.
It's the off season now, but it's not like they waited for it. Lol

To be honest, I'm not sure what you meant by that second sentence.