We need a running QB

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I think we need a backup who can extend plays and who can actually run the offense. That's a tall order because those guys are starters. I don't believe we need a Kepernick, per say. I think we just need somebody who can move in the pocket and extend plays. Those are different skill set to me.

It will be hard to find someone like that without drafting them but I agree.

A Colt McCoy type would be great.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Shrug, I have no opinion on Garrett's coaching abilities. I do know, YOU don't understand what YOU are viewing.

His point was the Cowboys need a running QB because Garrett is so BAD we have to resort to getting a running QB because this bum of a coach does nothing to help the skill players on this offense.

slick325

Reaction score
Bob Griffin III will possibly be on the market in 2016...

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
How about just a new OC who has his own system like the Giants did when they aquired Macadoo.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Could always have a fund raiser down at the town square in Farmer's Branch. Just saying.............

Not enought time for that. Farmers Branch Dividians are busy enough burying, um, bodies around town as it is.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Can you blame him? I thought he had been unfair to Garrett at the start of the season, but it's been clear to me during this losing streak that Garrett is an inept as they come. Logic tells you that when you're missing your superstar wideout on the outside that you have to change things up to free some of these receivers to be able to help them get open. Yet Garrett being the bum he is refuses to adjust. Teams run pick plays on us all the time. We saw it against New England, New Orleans, the Giants, and Seattle. WHY DO WE REFUSE TO DO IT?

Not just that it's clear the guy hasn't made much progress in regards to time and clock management. He has no spine. When games are right there for you to win them you have to go WIN. You cannot play to lose, it's absolutely inexcusable. Grow a ******* pair and go win a football game.

In all fairness, the rule book is written differently for players with a star on their helmet. I have no doubt in my mind if we started running pick plays, we would be flagged EVERY time.

khiladi

Reaction score
How about just a new OC who has his own system like the Giants did when they aquired Macadoo.

That's why Garrett kept interfering when Callahan was the OC... Jerry said it wasn't fair to Callahan that Jason kept getting involved, and further that it was not the offense of Callahan, which explains why they went Linehan. If they scrap the system, they scrap Garrett. Unless Jerry mans up and tells Garrett to get out the way and let the OC put in place any system he wants...

Garrett has been catered to since he's been here. He's just not getting the job done.

Trendnet

Reaction score
His point was the Cowboys need a running QB because Garrett is so BAD we have to resort to getting a running QB because this bum of a coach does nothing to help the skill players on this offense.

Catch is a moron, that's why he is not worth responding too.

However, Quarterbacks are at a premium. There aren't even 32 starting caliber quarterbacks in this league. A young QB who just went to the superbowl recently was just benched. Two young first round pick QB's sit on the unemployment line. The next great superstar QB has a 1-5 record as a starter with his 40 year old backup having more wins than him this season.

While losing 5 games consecutively is highly disappointing, but I certainly wouldn't consider it unexpected. My personal belief, it's always been the players that make the coach look good, and not the other way around. There are a few exceptions to that belief, but overtime, excellent coaches will have losing records with crappy quarterbacks. Could the Cowboys have gone out and upgraded? Possibly. In my opinion the only upgrade that was availabe would have been Fitzpatrick. And for all I know the Cowboys contacted him and he said no. But I don't have that information.

Shrug. It matters not.

cej757

Reaction score
Yeah running qbs keep winning the super bowl

Wilson and Kapernick have both played in SuperBowls and Wilson should've won two. Rodgers can run as well, The days of you have to have the pocket qb has been over.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Wilson and Kapernick have both played in SuperBowls and Wilson should've won two. Rodgers can run as well, The days of you have to have the pocket qb has been over.

I wouldn't call Rodgers a running QB by any stretch of the imagination.

Yes he's athletic enough to take off and run but that's vastly different from being a running QB.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I think that is what is needed as our backup here in Dallas as long as Jason Garrett refuses to update our scheme.

The passing scheme is so old and outdated that it is just too difficult for a pocket passer that isn't a wizard like Romo to ever have consistent success.

We need someone who can make plays outside of the scheme like Romo so often does for us.

On a normal NFL team a QB like Matt Cassell is good enough to win with but you put a JAG in the hands of Garrett and he'll look like he has never played football before.

I don't think you need a running qb, but a obviously you need a more competent backup qb.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score

Even Donovan McNabb played in a super bowl. I'm just sitting here waiting for you to list one that has won it. If you consider Rodgers a runner than we have different definitions

mrmojo

Reaction score
Our pass protection has been good this year, i'd rather have someone who can read defenses and deliver the ball to an open man.