We need a running QB

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I don't think you need a running qb, but a obviously you need a more competent backup qb.

I just don't think we'll find that guy unless we draft him.

Our WR's don't get much separation and everything is down field. Romo is comfortable with this because he is so elite but your everyday NFL QB is going to struggle in this offense.

I would take Matt Cassell on my team as a backup any day and after seeing how he has struggled im starting to question if Weeden is really that bad or if he just doesn't have anywhere to go with the football for the most part.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Our pass protection has been good this year, i'd rather have someone who can read defenses and deliver the ball to an open man.

I don't know how many times during this stretch of games I've seen 3rd and 6 and our WR's are 15 yards downfield with their back turned to the QB and Witten is double covered and the only guy who has ran a 6 yard route.

RunDMC

Reaction score
Catch is a moron, that's why he is not worth responding too.

However, Quarterbacks are at a premium. There aren't even 32 starting caliber quarterbacks in this league. A young QB who just went to the superbowl recently was just benched. Two young first round pick QB's sit on the unemployment line. The next great superstar QB has a 1-5 record as a starter with his 40 year old backup having more wins than him this season.

While losing 5 games consecutively is highly disappointing, but I certainly wouldn't consider it unexpected. My personal belief, it's always been the players that make the coach look good, and not the other way around. There are a few exceptions to that belief, but overtime, excellent coaches will have losing records with crappy quarterbacks. Could the Cowboys have gone out and upgraded? Possibly. In my opinion the only upgrade that was availabe would have been Fitzpatrick. And for all I know the Cowboys contacted him and he said no. But I don't have that information.

Shrug. It matters not.

So it's all on the players. The coach doesn't get any blame for refusing to make adjustments, coaching scared, misusage of timeouts, having one of the worst schemes in football. Got it.

jjktkk

Reaction score
I just don't think we'll find that guy unless we draft him.

Our WR's don't get much separation and everything is down field. Romo is comfortable with this because he is so elite but your everyday NFL QB is going to struggle in this offense.

I would take Matt Cassell on my team as a backup any day and after seeing how he has struggled im starting to question if Weeden is really that bad or if he just doesn't have anywhere to go with the football for the most part.

It would probably help to have better #2 and #3 wrs. With Dez out. this would of been a great time for Williams and Beasley to step up. Very disappointed these two have disappeared, regardless of the bad qb play. I acrually think Cassell could be our backup qb in the near future, but I do want Dallas to seriously invest in our qb of the future, starting in the upcoming 2016 draft.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
So it's all on the players. The coach doesn't get any blame for refusing to make adjustments, coaching scared, misusage of timeouts, having one of the worst schemes in football. Got it.

Not to mention that when you have an elite QB, as the Cowboys do, it's not some long drawn out process in order to win in this league.

With Tony Romo there is absolutely no excuse for everything prior to last year.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It would probably help to have better #2 and #3 wrs. With Dez out. this would of been a great time for Williams and Beasley to step up. Very disappointed these two have disappeared, regardless of the bad qb play. I acrually think Cassell could be our backup qb in the near future, but I do want Dallas to seriously invest in our qb of the future, starting in the upcoming 2016 draft.

The Dallas Cowboys, and no other team, will have a perfect roster in the salary cap era.

We have a talented OL. Very talented and that should be enough to not go 0-5.

We have a bad coach and a bad offensive scheme and only Tony Romo and his ability to make big plays outside of the scheme can save us.

Trendnet

Reaction score

Meh. Here I thought you were capable of having a rational discourse. Turns out I was wrong. No biggie.

jjktkk

Reaction score
The Dallas Cowboys, and no other team, will have a perfect roster in the salary cap era.

We have a talented OL. Very talented and that should be enough to not go 0-5.

We have a bad coach and a bad offensive scheme and only Tony Romo and his ability to make big plays outside of the scheme can save us.

I'm in the belief that great players make great coaches. Garrett definitely has issues, but I like that his teams never quit on him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I'm in the belief that great players make great coaches. Garrett definitely has issues, but I like that his teams never quit on him.

That's basically the bare minimum.

I'll give you that though. His teams don't quit....

Supercowboy1986

Reaction score
I will also lean towards a traditional pocket passer kind of quarterback but I definitely like the idea of a running qb like cam newton. I always felt he had the physical tools and ability to be a strong nfl qb and without looking up analytics it seems he has progressively improved yearly as a passer. He is, in my opinion the definition of a dual threat qb. He's big, strong, and athletic/fast enough to deal with being hit and he has great arm strength and accuracy. He's far from perfect (I think he recently threw 3 picks) but he is money when he has the ball in his hands because they still won that game. I also like the idea of designed run plays for a qb from time to time.

cej757

Reaction score
Even Donovan McNabb played in a super bowl. I'm just sitting here waiting for you to list one that has won it. If you consider Rodgers a runner than we have different definitions

Russell Wilson has won a Super Bowl. Rodgers is a runner that's what makes him so dangerous. He can beat you with his arm or his legs.

cej757

Reaction score
That...doesn't change the fact that hardly any scrambling QBs win Super Bowls.

I bet you wish Cassell could run on that last drive. Maybe he doesn't get sacked and they pick up enough yards to get a first down.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I bet you wish Cassell could run on that last drive. Maybe he doesn't get sacked and they pick up enough yards to get a first down.

No? I wish our WRs got open.

Every time Romo gets sacked, I don't think "Dang! If only we had one of those QBs with wheels and poor accuracy!"

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Dallas needs a QB period. I don't want it to be like the last five weeks for like 5-7 years after romo is done in 2 years.

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
That's why Garrett kept interfering when Callahan was the OC... Jerry said it wasn't fair to Callahan that Jason kept getting involved, and further that it was not the offense of Callahan, which explains why they went Linehan. If they scrap the system, they scrap Garrett. Unless Jerry mans up and tells Garrett to get out the way and let the OC put in place any system he wants...

Garrett has been catered to since he's been here. He's just not getting the job done.

He's in training.