We need a running QB

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
I don't know how many times during this stretch of games I've seen 3rd and 6 and our WR's are 15 yards downfield with their back turned to the QB and Witten is double covered and the only guy who has ran a 6 yard route.

That's cause it takes Witten twice as long to go half as far.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
So tell me, who is the best qb in the league?

Rodgers.

A guy renowned for using his feet to by time and pick up chunk yards when necessary.

In fact his signature discount double check is reserved for his rushing TDs.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Rodgers.

A guy renowned for using his feet to by time and pick up chunk yards when necessary.

In fact his signature discount double check is reserved for his rushing TDs.

He's not a "running QB" though. That simply translates to scrambling.

Scrambling QBs: Russel Wilson, Kaep, RGIII, and Newton.

Rodgers and Luck aren't "running QBs", and they are known for being great passers before they are runners.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
He's not a "running QB" though. That simply translates to scrambling.

Scrambling QBs: Russel Wilson, Kaep, RGIII, and Newton.

Rodgers and Luck aren't "running QBs", and they are known for being great passers before they are runners.

No. You simply are making things up to fit your own stereotype. I'll let you figure out how you are differentiating these players. It's fairly obvious.

Also what about Luck makes him known for being a great passer? For instance he has a lower career passing completion and yards per attempt than both Newton and Wilson despite having played in the worst division in football and having had better offensive weapons.

Your biases stink.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
No. You simply are making things up to fit your own stereotype. I'll let you figure out how you are differentiating these players. It's fairly obvious.

Also what about Luck makes him known for being a great passer? For instance he has a lower career passing completion and yards per attempt than both Newton and Wilson despite having played in the worst division in football and having had better offensive weapons.

Your biases stink.

And you attempting to compare a QB who has a high over 300 yards rushing in a season as a "running QB" is borderline idiotic. Rodgers is simply just a QB who has some mobility, that is it. You trying to force him into the category to make it seem scrambling QBs often win Super Bowls is laughable.

Newton and Wilson have higher passing completions? Don't make me laugh. Luck has over 600 passing attempts in every season outside of one. Newton is averaging 59% in passer completion when never throwing more than 500 pass attempts outside of his rookie season. And Newton has only averaged a little over 7 yards a completion since his sophomore year in the league. Nothing to write home about. His career high in TD passes is 24, Luck threw 40 TD passes last year.

If you're going to respond to me, put some thought into your posts.

Toruk_Makto

Reaction score
And you attempting to compare a QB who has a high over 300 yards rushing in a season as a "running QB" is borderline idiotic. Rodgers is simply just a QB who has some mobility, that is it. You trying to force him into the category to make it seem scrambling QBs often win Super Bowls is laughable.

Newton and Wilson have higher passing completions? Don't make me laugh. Luck has over 600 passing attempts in every season outside of one. Newton is averaging 59% in passer completion when never throwing more than 500 pass attempts outside of his rookie season. And Newton has only averaged a little over 7 yards a completion since his sophomore year in the league. Nothing to write home about. His career high in TD passes is 24, Luck threw 40 TD passes last year.

If you're going to respond to me, put some thought into your posts.

So you're going to ignore that Newton and Wilson have a higher completion percentage and yards per attempt than Luck? All while doing so with inferior weapons?

Got it.

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Russell Wilson has won a Super Bowl. Rodgers is a runner that's what makes him so dangerous. He can beat you with his arm or his legs.

Ill correct that for you...
The defense and the running game had a huge part in their SB run. If you take the bus drivers wheels out from under him you would see his NFL QB skillset for what it is......very average.