We Need to Cut Deuce and this Mighty Mouse Crap and call up a Real RB in Dalvin Cook

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
Dalvin is washed along with the rest of this RB room. The running game is cooked. No need to even attempt to fix it. Should’ve drafted one or traded/pick one up in the offseason, but we didn’t, and this is the consequence.

We’re going to have the worst run game in the league. We have to deal with that and move forward.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
SMH :facepalm:

Deuce is not the problem. Rico and Zeke couldn't do much either. It's the Oline's inability to get a consistent push and open up holes that is the problem. Whether it's the Oline scheme(s) being used or the blocking play designs, clearly the problem is the bigger issue. Our FB is not even being hardly at all. Another major problem contributing to the run game.

CWR

Reaction score

Deuce is not the problem. Rico and Zeke couldn't do much either. It's the Oline's inability to get a consistent push and open up holes that is the problem. Whether it's the Oline scheme(s) being used or the blocking play designs, clearly the problem is the bigger issue. Our FB is not even being hardly at all. Another major problem contributing to the run game.
Duece doesn't appear to be a solution either. He might be really shifty and quick in short areas but he isn't breaking any tackles. Cook is worth a try. Besides that the extended rotation is garbage. No one gets any rhythm.

CWR

Reaction score
It's the Oline.
Bro, we don't have lineman to sub out and possibly get better. Besides the fact these guys are young and need to gel, we've taken on top defenses. No one has ran on Cleveland, the Saints or Baltimore.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be putting ourselves in the best possible spot. I haven't seen anything to indicate Duece is the guy. I thought Rico looked good to start the game off then inexplicably he was on the bench. Same thing with Zeke the week prior. Theres no feel for a rotation. They are just throwing crap at the wall. May as well see if Cook has anything. No one is poaching Deuce from the practice squad.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Bro, we don't have lineman to sub out and possibly get better. Besides the fact these guys are young and need to gel, we've taken on top defenses. No one has ran on Cleveland, the Saints or Baltimore.

That doesn't mean we shouldn't be putting ourselves in the best possible spot. I haven't seen anything to indicate Duece is the guy. I thought Rico looked good to start the game off then inexplicably he was on the bench. Same thing with Zeke the week prior. Theres no feel for a rotation. They are just throwing crap at the wall. May as well see if Cook has anything. No one is poaching Deuce from the practice squad.
Brother, why move Deuce to the practice squad? Why not Rico or Zeke?

Oooh, that's right, they are bigger in size than Deuce. That's what's going on here.

Agree on the Oline. They need time to gel, especially our rookies. Zack Martin is looking old. Both he and Steele are getting beat often.

This is why this dumb management and coaching staff should have played the whole 1st string often during preseason like other teams did. This team is managed poorly, and it is costing us to start the regular season.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Duece doesn't appear to be a solution either. He might be really shifty and quick in short areas but he isn't breaking any tackles.
Do you really think he has been put in the best possible position to succeed?

I'll answer that for you. Not only no but hell no.

It's obviously clear that McCarthy has no idea what he has in Deuce or how to use him. NONE.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Dalvin is washed along with the rest of this RB room. The running game is cooked. No need to even attempt to fix it. Should’ve drafted one or traded/pick one up in the offseason, but we didn’t, and this is the consequence.

We’re going to have the worst run game in the league. We have to deal with that and move forward.
Cook could still provide more than Deuce who’s only gotten 5 carries. Eventually, they’ll bring up Cook and Deuce will be the odd man out.

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
Do you really think he has been put in the best possible position to succeed?

I'll answer that for you. Not only no but hell no.

It's obviously clear that McCarthy has no idea what he has in Deuce or how to use him. NONE.
Does it matter? He's put in the same position as the other backs. I don't see MM suddenly scheming him into more favorable looks. So we will likely keep getting the same from him. I don't see how he thrives without being put in space. He doesn't have the strength/size to break tackles.

plasticman

Reaction score
If the decision was made to cut him, I wonder if his father would be notified first.

In fact, I wonder......would Deuce's father be one of the Cowboys advisors when considering a player cut?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

The other RBs are all under 4 ypc. Put Cooks in and see if he can do better.

Can't run. Can't stop the run.
And no one should be surprised given what we did and didn't do in the offseason at RB and DT.

This is what I couldn't believe they would do - do nothing at RB and DT *and* extend Dak.
Why leave such glaring holes in the team if you aren't tanking?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score

Deuce is not the problem is spot-on, me Dak fanboy.
There is so much blame to go around ...