We Need to Cut Deuce and this Mighty Mouse Crap and call up a Real RB in Dalvin Cook

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It’s an amalgam of issues, but the primary issues at hand here is the RB’s themselves. I’m not absolving the O-line or anyone else on this offense from being blamed, but like someone else here posted, we could put any RB’s of ours on the waiver wire and no one would pick them up. That’s how bad they are.

The blocking could be better of course. The QB could lead the offense better. The OC/HC could draw up some better plays more suited for our personnel. But it all comes down to great execution, which our RB’s aren’t capable of.
If everything else is *** up...how do you know?

Other teams seem to manage without super star RBs.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Its doesnt help when Duece is running into the backs of the lineman. I bet offensive lineman have tackled him more than defensive lineman. He has no vision
No vision??? There are no holes! He has plenty of vision. You don't lead the country in all purpose yards like he did at K-St with no vision.

The RB who many think was the answer to the running game this year Derrick Henry couldn't do any better.

Watch the snaps he got in preseason. He squeezed through holes no other RB could fit through. Nothing wrong with his vision.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You're under the illusion our staff is about to change how they utilize him, after what 20 games? That's optimistic bud. He's used how he's used and it doesn't work.
I'm not under any illusion. When he was drafted McCarthy said they would put some packages together to utilize his talent.

So far, there has been none and I don't expect there ever will be. McCarthy has failed Deuce big time not me being under any kind of illusion.

CWR

Reaction score
I'm not under any illusion. When he was drafted McCarthy said they would put some packages together to utilize his talent.

So far, there has been none and I don't expect there ever will be. McCarthy has failed Deuce big time not me being under any kind of illusion.
And that's my entire point. If he's not going to put him in a position to succeed then he's of no use to us. I don't disagree with your point about our utilization of him. I disagree with keeping him around just to misuse him.

KMY_Amber

Reaction score
the entire running scheme is ineffective...doesn't matter who gets the ball. there's rarely a decent hole, if anything, there's a sliver.

other OCs can get receivers open in space at least once or twice per game because it's the right played called against the defense, it was the perfect scheme. not McCarthy.

same for the defense. other teams can get free blitzers to the QB, simply because of the scheme. not so much with our DC.

lame coaching. and the Cowboys are certainly not good enough to overcome lame coaching, not many players can. Mahomes ain't going to the Superbowl with this coaching staff either...at some point, you need your OC and DC to work a little magic, to make things a bit easier. we ain't got that. every yard is HAAARD.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No vision??? There are no holes! He has plenty of vision. You don't lead the country in all purpose yards like he did at K-St with no vision.

The RB who many think was the answer to the running game this year Derrick Henry couldn't do any better.

Watch the snaps he got in preseason. He squeezed through holes no other RB could fit through. Nothing wrong with his vision.
You must have missed the plays he was running into his own lineman

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And that's my entire point. If he's not going to put him in a position to succeed then he's of no use to us. I don't disagree with your point about our utilization of him. I disagree with keeping him around just to misuse him.
What's worse, Deuce isn't the only player that is mismanaged. He's not the only RB that is!

conner01

Reaction score
I disagree wholeheartedly about zeke, zeke is not the problem zeke is not the weakness, zeke needs to be used in a fullback hybrid and only uses short yardage and goal line and blocking well and if they would've got that pass off in the flat which there was no time and had to pull the string on it ,he got some good yardage there ,and possibly a touchdown...

look the man can play if he's utilized properly and yes Rico should be in there but he was getting destroyed and pass blocking you might want to go back and check that's a weakness,

I like both of them to stay on the field right now it looks like they need to choose either use Vaugn properly or get him out and bring cooks up or use hunter more but Zeke is not holding his team back man. I don't know what you been watching...

And yes I'm saying this for about the fourth reply now Mike McCarthy's the weakest Mike McCarthy's play calling is the weakness Mike McCarthy's inability to figure out how to use a running back by committee this man needs a stud running back that can play all three downs and occasionally needs a break that's it because he does not know how to use what back in which situation in the I already got proven last year and now it's already happening this year that's a Mike McCarthy OC problem maybe he should step down and give the OC duties to the other OC or the real OC and stop being the play caller.

If I don't see changes in the next three games that's what Jerry should be informing Mr. McCarthy to give up play call of duties or be fired...:facepalm::popcorn::mad:.
Who’s gonna call the plays though. Zeke is a great blocker but I think cook brings more and you really don’t need both. Duece is a gadget player. Used properly he could make plays but he’s never gonna be a lead back

Cowboy4evr

Reaction score
Blah, Blah, Blah, Blah, this forum is a broken record! I stir my drink and have the same look as the dude every time I visit this forum.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
It would help if we didn't try to run Deuce between the tackles every time. Get him going sideways or throw him a screen. Get him into space and I think he can make things happen.