We Need to Cut Deuce and this Mighty Mouse Crap and call up a Real RB in Dalvin Cook

stinkface

Reaction score
The pure fact of the matter is that we don't have even a good back. I'd think we could waive any of our backs right now and no one would pick them up. The talent isn't there. It also seems as if none of our receivers seem to have been taught how to block. They sorta act like bowling pins in that they just set there and hope the defender will run into them rather then around them and make the tackle. I do think not having Jake F (TE) there has hurt us as he can catch and block well. We are missing our number 2 option right now in a big big way.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Dalvin is washed along with the rest of this RB room. The running game is cooked. No need to even attempt to fix it. Should’ve drafted one or traded/pick one up in the offseason, but we didn’t, and this is the consequence.

We’re going to have the worst run game in the league. We have to deal with that and move forward.
Did you ever think it could be the blocking.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
How nice it would be to get a top three draft pick this season. Imagine we could’ve used it on a quarterback. Oh that’s right we have one.

Creeper

Reaction score
What would Jimmy do? He's run each of them out there until one stood out, and if no one stood out he cut someone and bring a new guy in, any guy until he found a guy who can get the job done.

But Jimmy never would have let it get this bad. He would have recognized that with Pollard gone the Cowboys have no RB who is a threat.

He'd probably shake up the OL too.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
What would Jimmy do? He's run each of them out there until one stood out, and if no one stood out he cut someone and bring a new guy in, any guy until he found a guy who can get the job done.

But Jimmy never would have let it get this bad. He would have recognized that with Pollard gone the Cowboys have no RB who is a threat.

He'd probably shake up the OL too.
The revolving door,. It’s what any coach would do except for Jerry is the coach the GM the owner the problem

blueblood70

Reaction score
Deuce and this Kum Bya Ya moment of his Dad is over. Get Dalvin Cook in there now!!!!
I agree he needs to be inactive but not cut you do realize that Mike McCarthy is trying to use him like he's Ezekiel Elliott or Tony Pollard and even Tony had problems running up the middle at times... I don't think Emmitt Smith would be successful in this offense the way they're utilizing running backs and calling the schemes and situational football and the way the offensive line is blocking for those backs it's it's basically the opposite it's backwards it's horrible... So I agree with if they're gonna keep using Vaughn this way yes we need to trade him out for cooks I agree but this is not on Vaughn Vaughn didn't put up 5000 yards in scrimmage yards in college and not be a good player he's not being utilized properly the man needs some zone blocking and some motion and moving on outside in space you have to get the man in space..

That's like asking Turpin to go over the middle on every play.. You know run a bunch of slants and things that are gonna get his *** kicked and he's not big enough to handle it this is improper utilization of running backs for two straight years here I would take Kelly Moore back right now if the eagles wanted to give him back to us... Don't get me wrong I didn't love Kellen more but I would take him over this any day and I realized Kellen had Ezekiel Elliott in it more in his prime well not in his prime but he had better options but still I think you're up the wrong alley but yeah I think we need a different running back if that's the way they're gonna keep calling plays like it doesn't matter what the play call is they just put in whatever back happens to be waving on the sideline hey put me in coach..

blueblood70

Reaction score
Do you really think he has been put in the best possible position to succeed?

I'll answer that for you. Not only no but hell no.

It's obviously clear that McCarthy has no idea what he has in Deuce or how to use him. NONE.
He is absolutely not it's just like Tony last year I think his problem wasn't coming back from the injury he was being used like Ezekiel Elliott and then they brought in Rico and used him like Tony Pollard it made no sense last year it makes less sense this year and I've been so upset at this offense lately the way Mike McCarthy calls it he doesn't have any rhyme or reason on how he brings in what back for what situation that I would take Kelly Moore back right now and I know that sounds like a sin... But I thought it was bad with moore it's worse with Mike McCarthy he has no idea that he's using this backs wrong all he's doing is during the week he's making a game plan and he's saying I'm gonna bring this back in to start the game and then 10 minutes into the game I'm just gonna bring this back and he looks like he wrote it down on a piece of paper and then he sticks with it all game..

I don't think a lot of people are watching close enough to realize this is more of a Mike McCarthy issue or whoever's in charge of the run game plans and calling the plays..

But the one thing the original poster has correct he might as well sit on and make him inactive because if they're not gonna utilize him properly I think cook would be better because at least he has experience running normal running back plays no matter what the call is he can handle it Vaughn is being misused as much as Turpin... mike mccartney will never be mistaken for andy reid that is a damn truth

blueblood70

Reaction score
Whole offense is a mess
really it's a mess The Jets put up 14 points in the first half last night the defense is a mess you know The Jets defense only gave up three points in one half oh and zero points in the second-half wouldn't that be nice but our offense had put up more points than that in in both first half of the first two games and you call that a mess?

Yes the run game needs to get figured out but calling it a mess the games have been blowouts from both sides the two games have been such a different story kinda hard to put the blame on the offense when they didn't need to do anything in the second-half the first game and the game was over by halftime this game they were never gonna catch up there was a lot of weird non calls in that game like 7 penalties that probably should've been called that couldn't change the nature at least of the flow of the game and the momentum and then you had your guy tripped and caused an interception I mean it's really hard to judge this team by the first 2 weeks..

So let me take your focus off the offense if we don't get our defense fixed I don't care if you bring back our 90s offense we're not gonna get to even nine wins this year that defense is horrible it's historically bad from what we've seen and now we gotta play the Ravens who are a run oriented team with a mobile quarterback and a big bruising running back and they can play defense..

So again it doesn't matter what our offense has done or hasn't done this year but they played two good first half of football enough that you can usually stay in the game and probably win it but our defense last week is the reason we're questioning our offense and it's ridiculous...

Each game has its own story and right now from what I've seen the offense is something we shouldn't worry about until we actually see it be the problem it is not the reason we lost last week but it is the very reason we got a lead in the first game on the road on grass outdoors with a whole bunch of people picking against us there's nothing wrong with the offense for what I can see if you get into a normal flow of a normal game for two halves and not have blowouts on both ends we need to let this play out a little longer...

But it should always be a work in progress yes they need to get the run game and how they distribute the ball a lot better but this is not the reason we should be worrying about the rest of this season I look around the league and I see defenses doing what The Jets defense did last night or something even in the middle would be nice but when you have one of your worst outings in the history of your team which would be the first half you give up 92 points in the last two home games I'd say that you're focused on the wrong side of the ball.

Shane612

Reaction score
Whole offense is a mess
Bingo.
Running game and passing game feed off of each other. When one is effective the other one usually catches up and becomes effective.
…but which one first?
The old chicken or the egg thing..
Cowboys don’t have much of either right now, but it’s just two game…

Last edited:

John813

Reaction score
Saving our secret sauce, Hunter Jesus-Christ Luepke, for the playoffs.
4d chess everyone.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dalvin is washed along with the rest of this RB room. The running game is cooked. No need to even attempt to fix it. Should’ve drafted one or traded/pick one up in the offseason, but we didn’t, and this is the consequence.

We’re going to have the worst run game in the league. We have to deal with that and move forward.
You are kidding right? You actually think our lowly run game is only the RBs fault?

Hmmm...just when you think you've seen everything.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Deuce and this Kum Bya Ya moment of his Dad is over. Get Dalvin Cook in there now!!!!
We're so in a rush to get Cook in here because we have him waiting in the wings, what happens if he's just like the others, then what??? It's going to be ohhhh man we should have never got cook, he's washed