We need to do whatever it takes to keep Marinelli

Zordon

Reaction score
This is going to be a mass exodus on the dline this offseason. Brent, Spencer, Ratliff, and most likely Hatcher all gone in a span of a year. Think about that for a second. I don't want anyone else involved in the rebuilding project but Marinelli. There is no cap on spending for coaches. Jerry needs to take some of that Forbes list money and spend 2 milly if necessary to keep him.

perrykemp

Reaction score
Marinelli will likely be tabbed for a DC job next season. The Cowboys will need to sell him on the plan for Kiffin's exit / retirement in order to keep Marinelli.

cowboys1981

Reaction score
If Kiffin is here, I'm sure RM will stay. Isn't MK the reason RM came to Dallas in the first place? The organization shouldn't even had counted on Ratliff and Brent to begin with. I wish Spencer all the best. I just hope JJ continues to listen to RM and MK and sign/draft the players they want on the line.

JBS

Reaction score
how long was his contract?

teams cant steal him from us (if hes under contract) unless they offer him a HC gig...i dont see that happening...

XDez88BeastX

Reaction score
As long as Kiffin is here Rod will stay I think. The problem is after that & if his Boy Lovie smith is a HC at that time.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
We could've released Brent for the past year and have declined to do so. They kept his rights rather than release him. What has changed that makes you think they are now going to release him?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Long term deal is necessary asap after the season ender. Very happy with the results so far.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
Yeah, but if JG get fired what happens then? Will the new coach want him? Will he feel passed over and want to move on. If Jerry insists on keeping him the new coach will be just called another finger puppet. I like what he has done so far. But if the D craps the bed Sunday my mind could be changing.

dogberry

Reaction score
There isn't a salary cap on coaches. Pay him what he is worth to the Cowboys. Jerry's operating income is a $100 million more than Kraft's.

rynochop

Reaction score
Replace marinelli with rob ryan and you.d have a thread from a couple years ago. 'open the vault and pay him so he doesnt take a hc job somewhere'

remdak

Reaction score

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I would think that the deal between the club and RM is that he will be the DC/DL coach when MK retires. I think MK is really here to install the defense and RM will take over