We need to draft a RT or hope Ball/Waletzko can man it

Beaker42

Reaction score
Because Steele absolutely sucks. He’s gonna get Dak killed. His pathetic whiff on Reddick could’ve ended Dak the way he got wrapped up thigh level. No way should he have been given a new deal while injured.

blueblood70

Reaction score
disagree

look man the guy was injured he's coming back slowly he's getting a little better he didn't whiff I'm gonna go back and look at that he got his hands on him and then he had to go to the next level he let him go too soon but you're talking about one of the best pass rushers in the league dude I've seen oh I don't know some of the best offensive lineman get beat by guys like DeMarcus Ware and I don't know what's his name Parsons oh I don't know some of the best in the league like TJ Watt bosa and that dude in Cleveland they make dudes look bad you can't have constant first round and Pro Bowl guys on every position he is not Chaz green he played better this last game than he did the first game against Reddik so there's some improvement...

Oh I guarantee you one thing those dudes you mentioned they're not gonna be better than steel they're gonna be steels worst like right now you put them in there would have been five sacks on Prescott not that one ugly one you wanna point out that a lot of good offensive lineman get beat at sometimes..... I think Richards has a shot but even edoga I don't know if he could play right tackle but they don't put him in that means the coaches believe we have the best five on the field right now...

I understand why you started the post but you're being way way loose with the words he doesn't absolutely suck Chaz green absolutely sucks there's been players here that absolutely suck the whole trash words saying the guy's ***** and all that other nonsense it's wrong in this case he's struggling in some games he's had some bad plays but he's better than he was five weeks ago,,,

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Because Steele absolutely sucks. He’s gonna get Dak killed. His pathetic whiff on Reddick could’ve ended Dak the way he got wrapped up thigh level. No way should he have been given a new deal while injured.
Steele tore his ACL December 12, 2022. It has not even been a year yet since his injury. He is clearly playing better as time goes by.

I say we keep him.

Gambit

Reaction score
OL is interesting this year.

We need young talent for sure.

But who do you replace?

Tyron is playing lights out and this far been fairly healthy

Tyler is one of best LG in the game

Bidasz is who is most easily replaced

Martin is playing hurt and older but don't think you'll a guard better than him at this point.

Steele struggling but with contract he has makes it hard to replace.

My guess is they draft a Tackle and Center

blueblood70

Reaction score
OL is interesting this year.

We need young talent for sure.

But who do you replace?

Tyron is playing lights out and this far been fairly healthy

Tyler is one of best LG in the game

Bidasz is who is most easily replaced

Martin is playing hurt and older but don't think you'll a guard better than him at this point.

Steele struggling but with contract he has makes it hard to replace.

My guess is they draft a Tackle and Center
IMO those guys are already here they draft OL every year and go unnoticed because they are on the sidelines developing...Hoffman, Bass, Richards , Wally and Ball they got guys and soem i bet with time and reps will turn into something once they play fulltime.

and by the way i really like Richards i think he has something. he will develop and we will see once the FO is forced to make change they will go through growing pains, like all other teams do when you transition..

Biadsz is very good in most situations but bull rush but Better recently, Center is not easily replaced they call out pays and snap consistent cleans snaps are underrated skill but if his $$ demands are too much Hoffman looks like he could be bridge,.

just let me be clear here though the ....at every position is not going to happen.. some positions you live with AVERAGE, part of hard salary cap league with limited positions...

Gambit

Reaction score
Hoffman, Bass, Richards , Wally and Ball they got guys and soem i bet with time and reps will turn into something once they play fulltime
1. Which kinda is my point, drafting top tier the player has to sit

2. I'm out on both Ball and Waletzko. Neither do good they can't be replaced both have trouble staying healthy.

and by the way i really like Richards i think he has something.
Same, the question is, will he be better than Tyler at either spot? Not sure answer is yes, but I'm all for him getting stronger in off-season and working his way into consideration.

Biadsz is very good in most situations but bull rush but Better recently, Center is not easily replaced they call out pays and snap consistent cleans snaps are underrated skill but if his $$ demands are too much Hoffman looks like he could be bridge,.
I think we can do better than both Bidasz and Hoffman. I wouldn't denounce my fan card if they sign Bidasz to a decent contract.

These are all reasons I say it's an interesting spot this season.

1942willys

Reaction score
We are stuck with Steele due to Jerry stupidity of not waiting to see how well he came back from the injury. IF he had waited we could have gotten a real bargain
Biadazz I am beginning to think might have reached his limit which is not good enough

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
What about Asim Richards. He played well in preseason and showed potential. Ball also stepped up in camp. Waletzko looked decent.
I personally think Steele is doing well but if he should falter, the Cowboys have competition and depth.

Add in Bass at guard and Hoffman at center and the team has good depth on the OL going into the draft.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Steele tore his ACL December 12, 2022. It has not even been a year yet since his injury. He is clearly playing better as time goes by.

I say we keep him.
I gotta go with this line of thinking as well.

Hes been really good his entire career and now all of a sudden hes just a mediocre player?

Its gotta be the recovery from that injury.

rambo2

Reaction score
We are stuck with Steele due to Jerry stupidity of not waiting to see how well he came back from the injury. IF he had waited we could have gotten a real bargain
Biadazz I am beginning to think might have reached his limit which is not good enough
Jerry isn't stupid.

blueblood70

Reaction score
1. Which kinda is my point, drafting top tier the player has to sit

2. I'm out on both Ball and Waletzko. Neither do good they can't be replaced both have trouble staying healthy.

Same, the question is, will he be better than Tyler at either spot? Not sure answer is yes, but I'm all for him getting stronger in off-season and working his way into consideration.

I think we can do better than both Bidasz and Hoffman. I wouldn't denounce my fan card if they sign Bidasz to a decent contract.

These are all reasons I say it's an interesting spot this season.
i'm just trying to stop the nonsense on them not addressing the offensive line.. they have they just aren't doing it in higher rounds, thinking that that's the expectation.. .. we have all kinds of holes every off season to fill and i don't think it's necessary to go with 1st round OL AGAIN. and again and again. i feel we have some that will be effective....

blueblood70

Reaction score
Jerry isn't stupid.
they said that about Prescott too ohh Jerrys stupid for signing him before he shows he's back from injury.. you are correct hes not they are comfortable and confident TS will return to form.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
ball can't make it. steele sucks because he is still dealing with injury, he is a year or less removed from surgery. his power is there, but his lateral movement is not good. he just can't slide, and yes, sliding is a critical part of a tackle's job. not sure if Waltezko is a LT or a swing tackle