We need to draft a RT or hope Ball/Waletzko can man it

Gambit

Reaction score
I have seen nothing from Waletzko to give me the warm and fuzzies that he can back up Steele. And he seems to get hurt every year. But, I think we wait and see what he looks like next year.

Ball looked like he was actually improving playing RG in the preseason. But he is another guy who seems to get injured.

Someone else said we need a C and I would agree with that. Biadasz is a free agent after this season and I would not pay him unless he comes cheaply. But at the same time C is such an important position on the OL drafting a rookie means a year of growing pains. I do think they can get a good prospect drafting anywhere in the 1st round though.

We have to see who Jerry can re-sign in the offseason. They have some key free agents and if they can't sign them their draft needs will change.
Exactly why I'm out on both Ball and Waletzko

blueblood70

Reaction score
LoL! Steele just signed an $85 million contract. Outside of being hit by a train or vanishing in an alien abduction etc etc… he’s the RT for the next 3 seasons. Might want to pour you a drink or 10 and resign yourself to that reality!
:laugh:

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
Because Steele absolutely sucks. He’s gonna get Dak killed. His pathetic whiff on Reddick could’ve ended Dak the way he got wrapped up thigh level. No way should he have been given a new deal while injured.
Talking about over reaction... Steele will be better next year and hopefully in the play offs already. He stays, deal with it. ;)

With that being said, he's getting better and better already. His play against the Eagles wasnt too bad.

stiletto

Reaction score
They need to start drafting linemen, Tyron's replacement needs to be identified. If they get a shot at a Center upgrade, should consider that as well. Loaded draft for Centers I read.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Bryan Broaddus covered this in his All-22 segment and he said it looked like he was expecting Pollard to chip Reddick on that play based on Steele's technique.

Either way, he is playing a little bit better each week.

Ken

Reaction score
HE played worse than that and the one sack nearly broke Dak in half so frankly you sound like his PR hack
PLUS he got more help this time so trying to claim he as so much better is BS
He was better but he stank so much the first game any improvement would be impressive
They attacked him with their best all game. Tyron got whooped bad on the deep throw to Gallup....

Steele was fine. Exactly the improvement we want from a guy we gave money to after an injury.

Beaker42

Reaction score
What about Asim Richards. He played well in preseason and showed potential. Ball also stepped up in camp. Waletzko looked decent.
I personally think Steele is doing well but if he should falter, the Cowboys have competition and depth.

Add in Bass at guard and Hoffman at center and the team has good depth on the OL going into the draft.
Asim is a LT.

JustChip

Reaction score
ball can't make it. steele sucks because he is still dealing with injury, he is a year or less removed from surgery. his power is there, but his lateral movement is not good. he just can't slide, and yes, sliding is a critical part of a tackle's job. not sure if Waltezko is a LT or a swing tackle
Ball can’t cut it at tackle, but he looked to be a serviceable guard in PS. But that was not against top talent and “serviceable” can can be replaced.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Ball can’t cut it at tackle, but he looked to be a serviceable guard in PS. But that was not against top talent and “serviceable” can can be replaced.
servicable. he is nothing more than a back up guard, with his limited strength and mobility. perhaps we can try him at center :confused:

conner01

Reaction score
I thought due to the utter destruction the previous Eagle game, our coaches would give Steele some help on the right side whenever Reddick was on Steele.
He didn’t really need it and it’s hard to do on every play. He gave up one sack. I haven’t seen pressure stats yet but didn’t notice many

conner01

Reaction score
They need to start drafting linemen, Tyron's replacement needs to be identified. If they get a shot at a Center upgrade, should consider that as well. Loaded draft for Centers I read.
Nothing wrong with drafting an OT. What round depends on what they think of the ones they have and who’s there when we pick. We should pick in the 20’s at best. If a OT is thh he ere they really like them take him. But don’t reach to fill a position. We have lots of needs. Our center is a FA and I don’t think they sign him. Gilmore and Lewis are FA. LVE is probably done and pollard won’t be back

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Center yes. Williams is a future starter. Probably replacing Tyron. Edoga is fine and Cowboys think he could start if needed. Not sure if Waletzko can stay healthy.
Always be grooming some of the most important positions. Edoga seemed ok. But Tyrone is winding down his career, steel coming off injury finally getting about average. But the rest, ball, waletzko etc gotta go.

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
Steele has played better each week since the first Eagles game. He is one year removed from his torn ACL today. I like his progression. I want to see him return to elite run blocking but he's on a good track.

He has the misfortune of being compared to a generationally great OT on the other side.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Because Steele absolutely sucks. He’s gonna get Dak killed. His pathetic whiff on Reddick could’ve ended Dak the way he got wrapped up thigh level. No way should he have been given a new deal while injured.
No way you can depend on Ball or Waletzko to be ready for prime time this year, not sure if any year they will be ready. Steele will get his act together hopefully sooner rather than later and return to last year's form. He is better than he has looked sometimes. I don't think he is at 100% yet physically. But he is better than those two question marks.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Did you watch every play from him in the game yesterday? I don't think so. Because he is getting better each game. The further he is more recovered from his knee injury the better he is playing. The Cowboys won't be drafting a RT to replace him for years.
This ^^^^

Why don't you ask Martin what he thinks of Steele folks. He'll be fine and is getting better as he get's healthier. Relax folks.