We really miss - Miami vs Seattle

STSINAZ

Reaction score
Fergy. Shd have kept him and moved rat to end. Dumb move by jerry. To not have a true nt in there in the 3-4. Rat is good. But he gets taken out of plays because he is too small. It all starts there. The ends suck too. Rat on the end would dominate. Fergy in the middle would solidify us. our D would have held up all year more savks less run yardage. Better field position. Stupid move by gm jerry. One move costed us the season because jerry is not smart enough to plan for the unexpected. 20 injuries. In the nfl you have to.

jgboys1

Reaction score
Yes. I agree we could definitly use Fergy in there now. We are getting run on big time, he could have helped stop that.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I think this is Wade's fault here. He thought he could get by with a smaller more active NT in his system after we did reasonably well last year. However, last year was an aberration because we were playing with the lead for most of the year causing teams to abandon the run early.

Of course, if Wade had a proper GM keeping him in check, the trade (which really netted us next to nothing) would have been rejected. You can say much the same thing with respect to Garrett's insistence on bringing Brad Johnson in and then keeping him for another year despite ample evidence that his arm was shot.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
It was definetely a bad move but it didn't cost us the season and we recovered from it very well last year.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Please. Jason Ferguson was injured and old. Let's wait to the end of the season for topics like "We should've kept Sparano" or "We should've kept Jason Ferguson" or "We should've kept Fasano". I know they'll come.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
rocyaice;2408954 said:
Please. Jason Ferguson was injured and old. Let's wait to the end of the season for topics like "We should've kept Sparano" or "We should've kept Jason Ferguson" or "We should've kept Fasano". I know they'll come.

Getting rid of Ferguson does hold water.

The biggest need this team now has is a legit Nose Tackle.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
CATCH17;2408937 said:
It was definetely a bad move but it didn't cost us the season and we recovered from it very well last year.

We had no chioce. Coming into this year we did. U can't win with light nt's in the 3 4. Its the most important player on defense. They had a chance to make us a lot stronger. Could you imagine teams having to double fergy ware rat and ellis or spencer? They couldn't do it.right now all they have to worry about is ware and maybe ellis or spencer they can blow up our line every play. There is no roy w to worry about. No newman holding his man down on 3rd downs. Where jerry didn't do a good job is anticipating injuries. He in not a good gm as I have said in the past. Next year we need to let canty and spears go unless they sign cheap. Then get a real nt and move rat. That fixes the d. I want a 330 pound big and fast nt that needs a double team on every play. Like I said you can't double ware rat a huge nt and spencer next year. Its not possible. I also dump roy w henry pac bradie too next year.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I doubt Wade had a lot to do with trading Fergy but I could easily be wrong. It appeared we would have Tank to back up or replace Ratliff.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

STSINAZ

Reaction score
jobberone;2408966 said:
I doubt Wade had a lot to do with trading Fergy but I could easily be wrong. It appeared we would have Tank to back up or replace Ratliff.

Tank sucks too

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
rocyaice;2408954 said:
People don't want to hear that.:bow:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
STSINAZ;2408962 said:
We had no chioce. Coming into this year we did. U can't win with light nt's in the 3 4. Its the most important player on defense. They had a chance to make us a lot stronger. Could you imagine teams having to double fergy ware rat and ellis or spencer? They couldn't do it.right now all they have to worry about is ware and maybe ellis or spencer they can blow up our line every play. There is no roy w to worry about. No newman holding his man down on 3rd downs. Where jerry didn't do a good job is anticipating injuries. He in not a good gm as I have said in the past. Next year we need to let canty and spears go unless they sign cheap. Then get a real nt and move rat. That fixes the d. I want a 330 pound big and fast nt that needs a double team on every play. Like I said you can't double ware rat a huge nt and spencer next year. Its not possible. I also dump roy w henry pac bradie too next year.

What the heck are you talking about??? Double teaming in the interior has nothing to do with double teaming on the edge. You put a TE or a RB to help the T. The C or G or both double a NT. That is not mutually exclusive.

Spears is having a solid year. Canty is not doing as well but he's hardly playing poorly.

And dumping all the rest is just as insane. Not to mention cap implications which I doubt you know anymore than I do which is not much.

I would agree Fergy might be able to play better than Tank and he's not as lite as Ratliff. Neither is he as disruptive as Ratliff. Not many people would trade Ratliff for Fergy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
CATCH17;2408960 said:
Getting rid of Ferguson does hold water.

The biggest need this team now has is a legit Nose Tackle.

I disagree. I think Ratliff and Tank Johnson are fine nose tackles. IMO, Ratliff has been our 2nd best defensive player behind Ware. The problem for me is a consistent pass rush. Whether you blame that on the nose tackle or not I think it has to do with the linebackers. Even Ware isn't getting the consistent pass rush i'd expect from him. Ratliff is a potential pro bowler this season. We could use a bigger guy but i'd prefer Ratliff over a aging Ferguson. Ratliff may be more suited for the 4-3. But i'd prefer Ratliff in the 3-4 or 4-3 over Ferguson.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
jobberone;2408991 said:
What the heck are you talking about??? Double teaming in the interior has nothing to do with double teaming on the edge. You put a TE or a RB to help the T. The C or G or both double a NT. That is not mutually exclusive.

Spears is having a solid year. Canty is not doing as well but he's hardly playing poorly.

And dumping all the rest is just as insane. Not to mention cap implications which I doubt you know anymore than I do which is not much.

I would agree Fergy might be able to play better than Tank and he's not as lite as Ratliff. Neither is he as disruptive as Ratliff. Not many people would trade Ratliff for Fergy.

I agree. I thought I was losing my mind or something. Spears has been solid. His best year as a Cowboy. Canty has been decent. I expected more but hardly a liability. The line isn't the problem IMO. There's room for improvement but they're a young line and haven't been bad. IMO, the linebackers are the ones who need to be better including Ware. Tank has been inconsistent all year. One play i'll see him destroy two offensive linemen on his own. The next he'll have problems with just one.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
rocyaice;2408996 said:
I disagree. I think Ratliff and Tank Johnson are fine nose tackles. IMO, Ratliff has been our 2nd best defensive player behind Ware. The problem for me is a consistent pass rush. Whether you blame that on the nose tackle or not I think it has to do with the linebackers. Even Ware isn't getting the consistent pass rush i'd expect from him. Ratliff is a potential pro bowler this season. We could use a bigger guy but i'd prefer Ratliff over a aging Ferguson. Ratliff may be more suited for the 4-3. But i'd prefer Ratliff in the 3-4 or 4-3 over Ferguson.
Ware's been fantastic this year. It's the almost complete lack of production from Ellis that's been missing. That'll be rectified in the second half of the season.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
rocyaice;2408996 said:

Ratliff is a beast. Dont get me wrong.

I was on the Ratliff BandWaggon before there was a Waggon.

But we need the protypical nose tackle in this defense.

Ratliff will be an even better player for us as a DE as well and he can still play NT in passing situations.

We need a protypical jugg butt guy who draws double teams, keeps OL off linebackers, and keeps control of the LOS. Its no knock on Ratliff either but its an obvious move that needs to be made and I imagine it will this offseason.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Miami may be better than Dallas in 2008.

I wish we had Parcells, Ireland and Soprano

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
rocyaice;2408998 said:
I agree. I thought I was losing my mind or something. Spears has been solid. His best year as a Cowboy. Canty has been decent. I expected more but hardly a liability. The line isn't the problem IMO. There's room for improvement but they're a young line and haven't been bad. IMO, the linebackers are the ones who need to be better including Ware. Tank has been inconsistent all year. One play i'll see him destroy two offensive linemen on his own. The next he'll have problems with just one.

I've figured out what Wade does with our DE's.

They aren't getting pressure on the Quarterbacks because they aren't told to unless they are sent on a stunt.

The OLB's and DE's work together.

When our OLB's rush the DE's have containment. They are spying the entire time and not even looking to get off their block.

If the Quarterback gets outside of our OLB's than our DE is there to chase them down.

Our DE's play more EAST and WEST and our OLB's are the guys who go upfield.

The NT just tries to collapse the pocket and get pressure up the middle.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Nors;2409008 said:
Miami may be better than Dallas in 2008.

I wish we had Parcells, Ireland and Soprano
At some point it'd be nice to actually win a playoff game. That wasn't going to happen with Parcells here coaching.