We really miss - Miami vs Seattle

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Please with the woulda coulda shouldas!

When did Wade ever say he preferred smaller NT's.

If I recall he said he's had success with all types.

Did he have a 330lb NT in SD? YES

Would he like to have had one here? YES

Does a 330lb NT also have to be a good player? YES

BTW- In the six games we played with Romo, we had trouble stopping the run in ONE GAME, washington. That's 1 in 6.

In the 3 games without Romo, our defense defended the run very well in one game and horribly in the other two.
If you go back and look at the two poor efforts you'll see most of the damage was done late when the game was decided and the defense had been worn out.

But just ignore these facts and continue to cry about Wade, no Sparano and light NT's.

khiladi

Reaction score
Our run defense has been playing like crap up the middle... QBs consistently step up the pocket to evade pressure, because players like Canty are getting flat-out destroyed...

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
Nors;2409008 said:
Miami may be better than Dallas in 2008.

I wish we had Parcells, Ireland and Soprano

I thought you were an ok guy being a Romo supporter form way back, but at this point you may just become the first person I've ever put on IGNORE.

That's really saying something for me to put anyone on ignore.

Did Jones fire Parcells? How was/is Parcells in Dallas for 2008 even a possibility?

Parcells as GM, Ireland as assistant GM(who they kidding) and Soprano as HC is shaping up nicely down their.

But I'll tell you what. Ask any Dolphin fan and I bet you they'd rather have Romo.
So forgive me if I show no envy to the lucky to be 4-4 dolphins with all their horses. (few injuries)

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
theogt;2409001 said:
Ware's been fantastic this year. It's the almost complete lack of production from Ellis that's been missing. That'll be rectified in the second half of the season.

I agree to an extent. I think Ware can be better. Its hard to argue with 10 sacks but its not about sacks for me. Just getting there. Making the quarterback throw before he wants to. And yea the linebacker on the opposing side hasn't done a great job either. If he has it would make things easier for Ware. So its not a knock on Ware. I think he's been our best defensive player. But I can see him playing better. Asking him to overcome double teams though is a bit much. He wouldn't have to if we could get pressure from the other side of the field.

Ratliff is a beast. Dont get me wrong.

I was on the Ratliff BandWaggon before there was a Waggon.

But we need the protypical nose tackle in this defense.

Ratliff will be an even better player for us as a DE as well and he can still play NT in passing situations.

We need a protypical jugg butt guy who draws double teams, keeps OL off linebackers, and keeps control of the LOS. Its no knock on Ratliff either but its an obvious move that needs to be made and I imagine it will this offseason. __________________

I agree somewhat. I just think Ratliff is that guy. I wouldn't mind him at the DE spot either. But I guess what i'm saying is if the options are Jason Ferguson or Ratliff than give me Ratliff. He still draws double teams as well.

There's only a handful of guys out there i'd prefer over Ratliff to be honest. Haynesworth is one of them. Tommy Harris is another. Anyone of the Williams in Minnesota. Casey Hampton. Can't think of too many more. Ferguson isn't one of them though.

I've figured out what Wade does with our DE's.

They aren't getting pressure on the Quarterbacks because they aren't told to unless they are sent on a stunt.

The OLB's and DE's work together.

When our OLB's rush the DE's have containment. They are spying the entire time and not even looking to get off their block.

If the Quarterback gets outside of our OLB's than our DE is there to chase them down.

Our DE's play more EAST and WEST and our OLB's are the guys who go upfield.

The NT just tries to collapse the pocket and get pressure up the middle.

Yea I sort of noticed this. I really hate the way we use our linebackers. Did this work in San Diego? Because I can't imagine a defense having much success putting their pass rushers in coverage and refuse to put pressure on the quarterback. I just look at that Bucc's game and see this teams potential when we put pressure on the quarterback.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
khiladi;2409027 said:
Our run defense has been playing like crap up the middle... QBs consistently step up the pocket to evade pressure, because players like Canty are getting flat-out destroyed...

I think that's the intention of the Cowboys. They want pressure from the outside not the middle. It hasn't become a problem until the past two games. Guys are just coming up in the pocket and making throws.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I love ratliff.

But he is getting beaten inside also.

Watching the jerry jones show last night and larry brown was breaking down the coaches film, ratliff got abused on that ward td run everyone is on jenkins for. ratliff got manhandled by one giants lineman, couldnt see the number from the angle and courtney brown was just as uninterested as jenkins.

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
theebs;2409066 said:
that is a pretty ignorant and typical response.

I dont know why i even care but I do.
There's nothing ignorant about it. If one wishes for a team ran by Parcells and company, all they have to do is follow the fins. Very simple to me.

At some point, people have to accept that these guys ARE NO LONGER PART OF THIS ORGANIZATION.

I like Parcells, present tense, not past tense. I liked Sparano and thought he was very underrated. The defensive coaches who left were offered contracts to stay, but they chose not to. I appreciate their contributions as much as the next person, but they're not here anymore. So what's the point of going on and on and about it? They can't change a thing about what's going on in Dallas.

This is the Jerry and Wade show now.

Kilyin

Reaction score
it's 14 to 13 now, and it would be 17 to 14 if Koren Robinson hadn't dropped a wide open TD pass.

It would be fun to see all the excuses you guys would make if the Dolphins managed to lose. I mean it obviously wouldn't be because of their stellar coaching, right? It's totally the players fault if you lose to a 2 and 6 team no? Or is that rule only applicable to Parcells and Sparano? Just need to know the rules.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I agree. IF you like Ireland, Parcells and Sparano so much go become a Dolphins fan. They have a easier chance of making the playoffs. Otherwise, Wade Phillips is coaching this team and Parcells isn't coming back. WE went through this with Sean Payton. It took you guys 2 years to see how overrated he was. I guess i'll have to wait 2 years to quit hearing about Sparano and Ireland.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Kilyin;2409080 said:
it's 14 to 13 now, and it would be 17 to 14 if Koren Robinson hadn't dropped a wide open TD pass.

It would be fun to see all the excuses you guys would make if the Dolphins managed to lose. I mean it obviously wouldn't be because of their stellar coaching, right? It's totally the players fault if you lose to a 2 and 6 team no?

like I said before, It wont change anything for me. Whether they win or not today. its the way they play and the emphasis on team which is impressive to me. they dont have a bunch of me first guys being catered to.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
rocyaice;2409082 said:
I agree. IF you like Ireland, Parcells and Sparano so much go become a Dolphins fan. They have a easier chance of making the playoffs. Otherwise, Wade Phillips is coaching this team and Parcells isn't coming back. WE went through this with Sean Payton. It took you guys 2 years to see how overrated he was. I guess i'll have to wait 2 years to quit hearing about Sparano and Ireland.

sure thing. We should just quit rooting for our team because our teams front office is not smart.

sure thing. Anymore typical ignorant responses from anyone?

Kilyin

Reaction score
theebs;2409085 said:
like I said before, It wont change anything for me. Whether they win or not today. its the way they play and the emphasis on team which is impressive to me. they dont have a bunch of me first guys being catered to.

I see, so your arse is covered regardless of the outcome. That's a good stance to take I guess. So if the Dolphins tank it down the stretch and go 6 and 10 will you still be enamored with the way they play and the emphasis on team?

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
rocyaice;2408954 said:
Please. Jason Ferguson was injured and old. Let's wait to the end of the season for topics like "We should've kept Sparano" or "We should've kept Jason Ferguson" or "We should've kept Fasano". I know they'll come.

Why wait till the end of the season? I said "We should have kept Ferguson" 2 seconds after we traded him.

Too old? He's a Nose Guard. You don't have to be 23 to play that position. He is NOT too old.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Kilyin;2409090 said:
I see, so your arse is covered regardless of the outcome. That's a good stance to take I guess. So if the Dolphins tank it down the stretch and go 6 and 10 will you still be enamored with the way they play and the emphasis on team?

I dont think they will tank down the stretch, and again no it wouldnt matter.

They are setup nicely for next years draft and free agency period.

They will bring in more smart talented football players with a team first attitude and continue to build what they started this year.

Its not about covering my arse by any stretch, I am not declaring miami as anything other than an organization with good structure, a blue print and a proper chain of command. Having all that has led to good play and the early building blocks of a good team.

All things being equal, if things stay the same here in Dallas and there in Miami, in two years miami might be the better team. Which is sad for me as a fan.

Kilyin

Reaction score
theebs;2409093 said:
I dont think they will tank down the stretch, and again no it wouldnt matter.

They are setup nicely for next years draft and free agency period.

They will bring in more smart talented football players with a team first attitude and continue to build what they started this year.

Its not about covering my arse by any stretch, I am not declaring miami as anything other than an organization with good structure, a blue print and a proper chain of command. Having all that has led to good play and the early building blocks of a good team.

All things being equal, if things stay the same here in Dallas and there in Miami, in two years miami might be the better team. Which is sad for me as a fan.

Fair enough, I'm not ready to line up the hearses yet though, as Duane would say.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Kilyin;2409098 said:
Fair enough, I'm not ready to line up the hearses yet though, as Duane would say.

thats fine. Dallas could get on a roll and play well or they could tank and finished 7-9 like I suspect is going to happen.

Doesnt change what is going on in miami though and the fact that all those guys were in house and Had jerry given parcells some personell say we would still have bruce dehaven too.

But instead we have a staff that is here to cater to superstars wishes.

and they cant even do that efficiently.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
theebs;2409093 said:
Anthony Spencer
Nick Folk
Leonard Davis
Ken Hamlin
Orlando Scandrick
Roy Williams
Felix Jones
Zach Thomas

If we keep adding talent like that every two years, we're doomed.